走进低碳生活的资料:shopping用语

来源:百度文库 编辑:中财网 时间:2024/04/29 19:21:15
1、May/Can I help you? 您想买点什么?



2、Are you looking for something particular? 您需要什么东西?



3、We have a clearance sale today.我们今天请仓大处理。



4、The price will go down.价格将会降低。



5、I heard other stores having great mark-downs on this item.我听说别的商店这种商品正在大降价。



6、Please try it on.请试穿一下。



7、I've seen this cheaper in other places.我在别的地方看见过这种商品,价格比者便宜。



8、Could you bring the price down?价格能再低一点吗?



9、That is a steal.这是廉价品。



10、I'd buy this if it were cheaper.如果再便宜一点我就买。



11、It's a little overpriced.有点贵。



12、Do you know what size you are?你知道自己穿多大好吗?



13、I'm afraid we're out of that item.恐怕那种货已经卖完了。



14、I'm afraid we don't have it in stock.恐怕已经没有存货了。



15、Where is the men's shop?男装柜台在哪?



16、Do you have this in stock?这个还有存货吗?



17、Do you have this in blue?这件有蓝色的吗?



18、How are you going to pay? Cash,check or charge?你打算怎样付款,现金、支票,还是赊帐?



19、How will you pay for this?你用什么方式付款?



20、Cash back?要现金找头吗?



21、what a deal!多便宜!



22、Bring your receipt to the customer service,and they will refund you.拿着你收据到顾客服务台,他们会给恁退钱。



23、Can you give me the invoice?你能给我发票吗?   在世界商业中心-美国购衣可是一件惬意的事,尤其对于MM,语言交流本身就是一种购买的乐趣。下面短短的几句常用语也许会令初到异域的你不至于在第五大街显得过于的局促和无助。
  
  1.I‘m just browsing.(我只是随便看看。)当你走进商店,营业员通常都会走过来问你“May I help you?”(需要帮忙吗?)或是“Are you looking for something?”(你想买什么衣服?)如果你只是随便看看,不妨客气地说“I‘m just browsing.”或“I‘m just looking.”这样你就可以在商店里随便逛了。如果你要找某种衣服,如毛衣,你就可以说,“I‘m looking for a sweater. Could you help me?”(我想买一件毛衣,你能告诉我在哪里吗?)或是“Do you have any sweater?”(你们卖毛衣吗?)
  
  2.May I try this on?(我能试试这件吗?)如果想知道自己看中的衣服能不能试穿,可以问营业员“May I try this on?”当然,在美国,大部份衣服都是可以试穿的,倒是可以问营业员“Where is the fitting room?”(试衣间在哪里?)有时进试衣间前,有人会在门口问你“How many?”这时你只要告诉她你拿了几件衣服就可以了。比如拿了两件,你回答:“Two”就可以了。这时候,她会给你一块上面写着2的牌子,进去之前,你只要把这个牌子挂在门上。
  
  3.I like this tank top.It goes with my baggy jeans.(我喜欢这件背心,它很配我的宽松牛仔裤。)tank top就是背心。有一种男生穿的纯白背心,美国人把它戏称为“wife-beater”。因为他们觉得穿这种背心的人通常有结实的肌肉,回家后喜欢打老婆。“baggy”是“宽松”的意思,如男生穿的宽松短裤就叫“baggy pants”。而我们熟悉的直筒牛仔裤是“straight jeans”。
  
  4.Could you help me pick up a dress?(你能帮我挑一件礼服吗?)在正式场合,每位女士几乎都有一套正式礼服(即dress),特别是那种低胸(low cut)连身裙(evening gown)。有时可以用“dressy”来强调这件礼服很漂亮很时髦,如“Her dressy dress really caught my eyes.”(我的目光被她漂亮的礼服所吸引。)而“dress up”则是指作正式的穿着打扮,男女都可用,也就是女生穿礼服、男生穿西装打领带了。
  
  5.I just want to buy some off-the-rack clothes.(我只想随便买一些现成的衣服。)“rack”指的是衣架,所以“off-the-rack”指的是那种由工厂大量制造的成衣,通常指很普通、不是特别好的衣服。例如在某夜市买来的地摊货,就可以说“It‘s just something off-the-rack.”(只是件普通的衣服啦!)相比较而言,“custom-made”或“tailor-made”指的是“定做”的。如,“Ineed to get a custom-made tuxes do for my wedding.”(我要为婚礼去定作一件燕尾服。)
  
  6.This shirt is very stylish and not very expensive.(这件衬衫又时髦又便宜。)“Good-looking”就是“好看”,“stylish”则是“时髦”,可以用“good- looking”和“stylish”来称赞某件衣服。另外,也可以用“becoming”,指“合身又好看”。
  
  7.I don‘t think this one will fit me.(我觉得这件衣服不合身。)买衣服时看到一件自己中意的衣服,却偏偏没有合适的尺寸,可以说“It‘s not my size.”或“It won‘t fit me.”(大小不合适)。有些商店挂着“alteration”的招牌,则是指可以提供修改衣服的服务。
  
   8.Your clothes don‘t match.(你的衣服不太配。)这句话指的是衣服不配,可能是颜色不配,也可能是样式不配。当然,外国人的审美观和我们中国人不大一样,营业员说这句话,你可不必太把它当回事。
  
  9.Let me ring that up for you.(可以结账了吗?)“埋单”的讲法通常是“check out”。通常,选好了衣服就可以拿到收银台(cash register),跟店员说,“I want to check out.”有些营业员喜欢用“ring up”,同样也是“结帐”的意思,因为在开收款机的时候通常会有ring的一声。有时候店员看到你拿着衣服走过来,她会主动地跟你说“Let me ring that up for you.”你可以回答“OK.Go ahead and ring it up for me.”(好,那就帮我结账吧!)
 

At the Curio Shop 在古董店

-

Key Sentences(重点句子)

Can I help you,sir?

要点儿什么,先生?

Yes,but may I have a look first?

噢,我可以先看看吗?

You have so many antiques and Chinese paintings here.

你这儿有这么多古玩和中国画。

Are they genuine?

它们是真品吗?

All our reproductions are clearly marked and priced.

所有复制品都有明确的标志和标价。

They are sold at a fair price.

它们都以公平的价格出售。

May I see that ivory horse?

我可以看看那个乳白色的马吗?

It's genuine,I bet.

我敢断定,它是真品。

It's made of genuine ivory,besides,it's of exquisite workmanship.

它是由真象牙做的,而且做工精细。

The price is marked 200 yuan.

标价200元。

I'll take it.

我买了。

I'm interested in Chinese antiques.

我对中国古董感兴趣。

We have a great variety of Chinese antiques.

我们有各种各样的中国古董。

We have landscape painting,figure painting and flower and-bird painting.

我们有山水画、人物画和花鸟画。

I'd like a flower-and-bird painting.

我想要一幅花鸟画。

How about this picture of cranes with pine trees?

您看这幅松鹤画如何

It was painted by a famous Chinese painter in Qing Dynasty.

这是中国清代的一位著名画家画的。

Oh,they look just like live cranes.

哦,这些仙鹤看上去就像真的一样。

And what is more,in traditional Chinese thinking,cranes and pine trees symbolize longevity.

还有,按照中国的传统观念,仙鹤与松树都是长寿的象征。

 

Dialogue A

A:Can I help you,sir?

B:Yes,but may I have a look first?

A:Certainly.

B:You have so many antiques and Chinese paintings here. Are they genuine?

A:No. Not all of them. All our reproductions are clearly marked and priced. They are sold at a fair price.

B:May I see that ivory horse?It's genuine,I bet.

A:Yes,you can be sure. It's made of genuine ivory,besides,it's of exquisite workmanship.

B:You are right. How much does it cost?

A:The price is marked 200 yuan.

B:It's a fair price. I'll take it.

 

Dialogue B

Shop Assistant:Good morning,sir. Could I be of any service to you?

Customer:Good morning. I'm interested in Chinese antiques,Have you got any good ones?

Assistant:Yes,we have a great variety of Chinese antiques. Are you looking for something special?

Customer:I want to see some traditional Chinese paintings.

Assistant:Well,we have landscape painting,figure painting and flower-and-bird painting. Which do you like best?

Customer:I'd like a flower-and-bird painting.

Assistant:Good. How about this picture of cranes with pine trees?It was painted by a famous Chinese painter in Qing Dynasty.

Customer:Oh,they look just like live cranes. I like this picture very much.

Assistant:And what is more,in traditional Chinese thinking,cranes and pine trees symbolize longevity.

Customer:That sounds very interesting. How much is it?

Assistant:Eight thousand yuan.

Customer:It's a lot of money,but the picture is excellent. I'll take it.

Assistant:All right. Please keep this invoice. You'll need it when you go through the Customs.

Customer:Thank you.

 

Words and Expressions

antique     n. 古物,古器,古玩

genuine     a. 真正的;名副其实的

ivory    a. ①象牙色的,乳白色的

② 象牙制成的

exquisite    a. 精巧的,精致的

workmanship    n. 做工;工艺

crane     n. 鹤

symbolize     vt. 象征

longevity    n. 长寿,长命 

At the Porcelain Shop 在瓷器店

-

Key Sentences(重点句子)

You're made a good choice. This china tea set is unusual.

您真是好眼力,这种茶具不同寻常。

It was made in Jingdezhen.

这种茶具产于景德镇。

This is the very thing I've been dreaming of.

这真是我梦寐以求的。

Jingdezhen?Isn't it called“the capital of porcelain”?

景德镇,它不是被称为瓷都吗?

It is the best quality procelain—the famous egg-shell China.

这种瓷器质量最好,是著名的薄胎瓷器。

It must be most precious.

那肯定十分昂贵。

No wonder it's so expensive.

怪不得这么贵。

Where do these flower vases come from?

这些花瓶是哪里生产的?

The flower vases are made of porcelain and covered with tiny bamboo sticks.

花瓶是瓷器做的,上面有细竹丝。

Are they breakable?

它们容易碎吗?

Do you like such animals woven with bamboo sticks?

您喜欢这种用竹篾编成的动物吗?

Are they light in weight?

它们轻吗?

They are not only ornamental,but also useful.

它们不但具有装饰性,而且是实用的。

 

Dialogue A

Shop Assistant(A):You've made a good choice. This china tea set is unusual. It was made in Jingdezhen. There are few others like it.

Mrs Bell:It is extremely beautiful. This is the very thing I've been dreaming of.

Mr Bell:Jingdezhen?Oh I know it. Isn't it called“the capital of porcelain”?

A:Yes,sir. Is there anything else you want,sir and madam?

Mr bell:(Points to a set of blue and white porcelain tableware)It's of perfect Chinese traditional design,isn't it?

A:Yes,indeed. It is the best quality porcelain-the famous egg-shell china. It is not for use,but for show. It is also made in Jingdezhen.

Mr Bell:Oh,it must be most precious. Can I have a look?

A:Yes,sir. It is known to be“as white as jade and as thinas paper”

Mr Bell:No wonder it's so expensive. I'll take it.

A:Shall I wrap them together or separately?

Mrs Bell:Separately,please. What do they come to in round figures?

A:Altogether 356 yuan.

Mrs Bell:Here is 360 yuan.

Shop Assistant:(Counting money)Sir,there are thirty notes of ten yuan and six notes of five yuan so it is 330 yuan in all. Would you please check it,sir?

Mr Bell:I'm awfully sorry. I've made a mistake. I took five for ten. Here's another thirty yuan.

 

Dialogue B

(A:shop assistant B:Mr Jones C:Mrs Jones)

B:(to A)Where do these flower vases come from?What are they made of?

A:They come from Jiangxi Province. The flower vases are made of porcelain and covered with tiny bamboo sticks.

B:Are they breakable?

A:No,if you take some care when you use them.

B:Oh,I see. (to C)Do you like such animals woven with bamboo sticks?

C:Let me see. Lions,camels,elephants,deer…I like the camels best. (to A) Are they light in weight?

A:Yes,they are. They are not only ornamental,but also useful. You can put things inside. You see,you can takethe lid off.

C:Well,we'll buy a camel.

 

Words and Expressions 

porcelain    n. 瓷;[总称]瓷器

tiny    a. 极小的;微小的

camel    n. 骆驼

deer    n. 鹿

ornamental    a. 装饰的 n. 装饰品

lid    n. 盖子

china    n. 瓷器

egg-shell    n. 蛋壳(色)(~china)薄胎瓷器

tableware    n. 餐具 

口语技巧 逛街购物

-

▼ 逛街的冲动



我们去逛街好不装。 Why don't we go window-shopping?

=Shall we go window-shopping?

◆Let's go window-shopping! 我们去逛街吧!



我想去买件新西装。 I want to get a new suit.

A: I want to get a new suit.

我想去买件新西装。

B: Let's go to Onshow Store.

我们去昂秀商场。



货比三家绝对有必要。 Shopping around is really a must.

◆Do shop around before making up your mind.

先货比三家再拿主意。

◆We shop around before buying.

购买之前,我们先比比各家的货。

◆Prices are different, so shop around by all means.

价格都不一样,所以不管怎样先货比三家。



我在列购物清单。 I'm making a shopping list.

◆List all the items you need from the store.

把你要买的物品列在购物单上。

◆She went to the shop with the shopping list.

她拿着购物单去买东西。



家里茶叶和咖啡不多了吧? Are we short of tea and coffee?

◆We haven't got many potatoes. 我们的土豆快吃完了。

◆The next item on the list should be some toilet tissue. 我们需要买一些卫生纸。

◆We need a lot of things this week.

这个星期我们需要购买许多东西。

A: Are we short of tea and coffee?

家里茶叶和咖啡不多了吧?

B: Oh, yes. We have got much tea and coffee.

噢,对了。我们还要买些茶叶和咖啡。



▼试穿与试用



你可以试用一下。 You can try some.

A: Could I have a look at this facial cream?

我能看一下这个面霜吗?

B: Sure. You can try some. 好的,你可以试用一下。



我想试试这一件。 I want to try this on.

◆May I try it on? 我可以试穿吗?

A: I want to try this on. 我想试试这件。

B: Sure. Let me help you.当然可以,我来帮您。



试衣间在哪儿? Where is the fitting room?

=Where is the dressing room?

A: Where is the fitting room? 试衣间在哪儿?

B: Just behind you. 就在你的身后。



这刚好符合我的尺寸。 This is just my size.

◆It fits me well. 很合身。

A: How does it fit? 穿起来很合身吗?

B: This is just my size. 这刚好符合我的尺寸。



我穿着太小。 It's too small for me.

◆It's too big for me. 我穿着太大。

◆It's too short. 太短了。

◆It's too long. 太长了。

◆It's a little tight. 有点儿紧。

◆It's a little loose. 有点儿松。



这一件有尺寸小一点的吗? Do you have this in a smaller size?

◆Do you have this in a larger size?

这一件有尺寸大一点的吗?

A: Do you have this in a smaller size?

这一件有尺寸小一点的吗?

B: I'm sorry. We don't have that in your size.

对不起,我们没有您要的尺寸。



如果穿起来不合身,可以来换吗? Can I exchange it if it doesn't fit?

A: Can I exchange it if it doesn't fit?

如果穿起来不合身,可以来换吗?

B: Sure. But just keep the receipt, please.

可以。但您得保存好收据。



您能把这条牛仔裤修改一下吗? Could I have my jeans hemmed, please?

=Would you please alter my jeans for me?



什么时候能改完? When will it be ready?

A: When will it be ready? 什么时候能改好?

B: In two days. 两天后。