11月家装活动主题:新英语900句(二)

来源:百度文库 编辑:中财网 时间:2024/05/05 11:44:10
 新英语900句 

新英语900句第37课情景对话

DIALOGUE  1
A:What are you doing this afternoon?
你今天下午要干什么?
B:I’m going to buy a gift for my dad. It’s his birthday next week.
我打算给我爸爸买件礼物,下星期他生日。
A:Oh. That’s nice. What are you getting him?
噢!那好啊。你打算买什么给他呢?
B:I’m not sure. He likes fishing. So I was going to a sports store.
我还不知道,他喜欢钓鱼,所以我打算去体育用品商店转转。
A:You’re just going to look around today?
你今天只是去看一看吗?
B:That might give me some ideas. If I see something good I’ll buy it.
看一看可能会使我有些主意,如果我看到合适的东西,我就会买下来。
A:Your dad doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who likes to fish.
你爸爸看起来不像那种喜欢钓鱼的人。
B:Really? Why do you say that?
真的吗?你为什么那样说呢?
A:I don’t know. He’s a lawyer. It doesn’t fit the image.
我不知道,他是个律师,这项运动与他的形象不符。
B:Oh. I know what you mean. To tell the truth. He doesn’t fit the image.
哦!我知道你的意思了,说真的。他的确不像个钓鱼的。
A:Then how did he come to like fishing?
那么他是怎么喜欢上钓鱼的呢?
B:His father, who was certainly not a lawyer. Taught him to fish.
他的父亲教他的,当然,他的父亲不是律师。
A:What was his father?
那他的父亲是干什么的呢?
B:I’m not sure. I don’t think he ever had a real job.
我不清楚,我想他从来都没干过一份像样的工作。
A:And his son became a lawyer. That sounds pretty interesting.
可他的儿子居然成了律师,那听起来倒挺有意思。
B:It is. I’ve got to get to the store. I’ll give you a call when I get back.
的确如此,我得去商店了,我回来时会给你打个电话。
A:Sounds good. I’ll talk to you then.
好的,到时候再谈。

DIALOGUE  2
A:I can’t believe my parents did this.
我不敢相信我的父母竟然这样做。
B:What did they do this time?
这一次他们做什么了呢?
A:They haven’t called for Christmas.
他们圣诞节没给我打电话。
B:I’m sure that they have a good reason.
我敢肯定他们一定有充分的理由。
A:like what?
例如什么?
B:Maybe they’re busy. It’s hard to say for sure.
大概他们很忙,很难说得准。
A:They’re not busy. They’re just mad at me.
他们不忙,他们只是生我的气。
B:Why would they be mad at you?
为什么他们会生你的气?
A:We had an argument during thanksgiving.
我们感恩节时吵了一架。
B:lots of families argue. It doesn’t make any sense for them to still be mad you.
许多家庭都有争吵,他们没理由到现在还生你的气。
A:You don’t know my parents.
你可不了解我的父母。
B:If what you say is true. It makes your parents seem a little immature.
如果你说的是真的,你的父母看起来好像不大成熟。
A:They can be. Both of them have a lot of pride. They don’t like to admit when they’re wrong.
他们真的是这样,他们两个人都非常高傲,他们犯了错从不愿承认。
B:Now I can see where you got your personality.
现在我知道你的个性是从哪里来的了。
A:What are you saying?
你在说什么呀?
B:It’s just funny how much your parents sound like you.
真有趣,你的父母听起来跟你像极了。
A:They do not sound like me. I’m my own person.
他们可不像我,我就是我。
B:Of course. But you had to come from somewhere. And I can clearly see where you came from.
没错,但你不是从石头里蹦出来的吧,而且我可以清楚地看到你来自一个怎样的家庭了。

DIALOGUE  3
A:Your brother is pretty impressive. He has really made a good life for himself.
你的哥哥挺不错的,他确实为自己创造了美好的人生。
B:He certainly has. But he’s had to change a lot over the years.
他的确做到了,但这些年来他可改变了不少。
A: Do you mean that he wasn’t always so responsible?
你的意思是说他并不一直都是这样有责任心?
B:When he was a little boy, he was a real troublemaker.
当他还是个小孩时,他是个真正的淘气鬼。
A:Oh. Really That’s hard to see now.
噢!真的吗?现在可看不出来。

B:You noticed that he seems responsible, but did you notice how much energy he has?
你已留意到他看起来很有在责任心,那你留意到他精力多么充沛吗?
A:Yes. He is really devoted to his work. He’s full of good ideas.
是的,他对工作确实是全力以赴。他的点子非常多。
B:When he was young and undisciplined. All that energy was used for causing trouble.
当他还年轻不羁时,他所有的这些精力都用在制造麻烦上了。
A:I could see that. He’s a pretty intense guy.
我看得出来,他是一个坐不住的人。
B:Have I told you about the time he almost burned down the house when he was five years old?
他五岁那年,有一次差点烧掉我们的房子,我告诉过你这件事吗?
A:I don’t think I’ve heard that story.
我想我没听过这件事。
B:You should ask my mother. She tells the story better.
你应该去问我妈妈,她讲得比我好。
A:She is pretty good at telling stories. She has some good ones about you.
她相当擅长讲故事,她告诉过我一些有关你的趣事。
B:What has she told you about me?
她告诉你我的什么事了?
A:You’ll have to ask her. She tells the stories better.
你得去问她了,她讲得比我好。

DIALOGUE  4
A:This is nice place. How do you afford it?
这是个好地方,你是怎么支付得起的?
B:I can’t afford it. That’s my roommate’s job.
我支付不起,但我的室友可以。
A: Does your roommate cam a lot of money?
你的室友赚大钱了吗?
B:No. but her family’s pretty generous.
不是,但她的家里人相当大方。
A:Your roommate still relies on her parents for money?
你的室友仍然依靠她父母的钱生活?
B:No. it’s nothing like that. Her parents bought this house.
不是,不是这么回事,她的父母买下了这间房子。
A:So you live here for free?
那么说你们免费住在这里?
B:No. Carol, That’s my roommate. And I pay rent to her parents.
不是,是我的室友卡罗免费住在这里,而我要付给她父母的房租。
A:I guess they don’t charge as much as the house is really worth.
我猜他们没有根据房子的真正价值收你的租。
B:No. they’re very generous. I think they spoil her.
没有,他们很慷慨,我认为他们宠坏了卡罗。
A: Does she seem spoiled?
她看起来像宠坏了吗?
B:She’s a nice girl, but she can always depend on her parents to help her out when she needs it.
她是个挺好的女孩,可当她需要帮助的时候,她总是要依靠她父母解救。
A:Her parents sound like nice people.
听起来她父母是挺不错的人。
B:They are nice, but they need to let their daughter grow up.
他们人很好,但他们需要让他们的女儿长大。
A:When you have kids. Will you let them grow up?
当你有小孩时,你会让他们长大吗?
B:Of course. I think it’s important for children to learn how to be independent. They won’t always have their parents around to help them.
当然会,我认为小孩学会如何独立是非常重要的,父母不能总在他们身边帮助他们。

DIALOGUE  5
A:Your sister seems pretty interesting.
你的姐姐看起来是个相当有趣的人。
B:I have to agree with you. She’s been like that as long as I can remember.
我绝对赞同你的意见,从我记事起她就是这样一个人。
A:It seems that she likes to be an attention getter.
看起来她喜欢成为大家注意的焦点。
B:She’s a natural entertainer. Do you know what she does for a job?
她是个天生的艺人,你知道她是干什么工作的吗?
A:I can’t imagine. It must not be a job in an office.
我想像不出来,但她的工作肯定不是坐办公室的。
B:That’s for sure. She’s a comedian.
一点没错,她是个喜剧演员。
A: D o you mean she gets up on stage and tells jokes?
你的意思是说在舞台上讲笑话的那种人?
B:Exactly. She’s getting to be pretty well known. She’s going to be on television next month.
正是,她越来越有名气了,下个月她将要上电视了。
A:I’m going to have to watch that. Does she have any future goals?
我得看这个节目,她有什么未来的目标吗?
B:Yeah. She wants to get into comedy movies. That’s the best way to make money for her.
有,她想进入喜剧电影界,对她来说,那是赚钱的最佳方法。
A:I think she can do it. She just needs to meet the right people.
我认为她可以做到,她只需遇到贵人就行了。
B:I agree. After her TV appearance. It will be easier for her to meet people who can get her a job in the movies.
我同意,在电视上亮相后,她将更容易遇到一些给她提供电影角色的人。
A:Tet me know how that turns out. I’d like to say I know a famous movies star.
让我知道事情的进展,到时候我就可以说我认识一位有名的电影明星了。

新英语900句第38课情景对话

Dialogue  1:
A: hey. That’s a nice car.
嗨!那辆车不错啊!
B: where?
在哪里?
A: there. It’s parked across the street next to the post office.
那里,它停在街对面的邮局旁边。
B:Oh. Yeah. I see it.
哦!是的,我看见了。
A:It’s a real beauty. It must be an antique.
真是一辆漂亮的车,这一定是辆古董车。
B:It has to be. What is it? A Chevrolet?
一定是。是什么牌子的车呢?是辆雪弗兰吗?
A:Yes. I think so. I’m not sure what year. Though.
对,我想是的。虽然我不敢肯定是哪一年出的。
B:I’m pretty certain it’s a 1968 or 1969.
我敢肯定是1968年或1968年出产的。
A:What makes you say that?
为什么说得这么肯定?
B:I think my uncle may have had a car like that.
我想我叔叔也曾有过一辆这样的车。
A:Well. Whatever it is. It’s definitely a great car.
好了,不管它是什么牌子的,它绝对是一辆很棒的车。

DIALOGUE  2:
A:Are you having a good time at the zoo?
你在动物园玩得开心吗?
B:Yeah. Dad. What is that animal? Is it a tiger?
开心,爸爸。那是什么动物?是只老虎吗?
A:It’s like a tiger. It’s a leopard.
它看起来像老虎,但它是一头豹子。
B:It looks scary with those big teeth. Why does it have spots?
它的大牙齿看起来挺吓人的,它们身上为什么有斑点呢?
A:Those spots help it hide in the jungle.
这些斑点帮助它在丛林里藏身。
B:What is that. Dad?
那是什么?爸爸。
A:That’s a monkey. The sign says that this is a spider monkey.
那是只猴子,标牌上说这是只蜘蛛猴。
B: It’s funny looking.
它看起来很滑稽。
A:They’re similar to people in some ways.
它们在某些地方与人相似。
B:I wish I could climb like a monkey.
但愿我能像猴一样会爬树。
A:Sometimes I think you can.
有时我觉得你可以的。
B:What is that in the water?  Dad.
爸爸,那水里面的是什么?
A:That is a crocodile.
那是鳄鱼。
B:It looks scarier than the leopard. Does it eat people?
它看起来比豹子更吓人,鳄鱼吃人吗?
A:Yes! It does. In Africa it eats many people.
吃!在非洲,鳄鱼吃了许多人。
B:Wow! Really? I don’t want it to eat me.
哇!真的吗?我不想它把我吃掉。
A:Then don’t go in near it. Just look at it. Isn’t it amazing?
那你就别走近它,看一看就好了。你不觉得它很不可思议吗?
B:It’s like a dinosaur. I like the zoo. Dad.
它就像一头恐龙,我喜欢动物园,爸爸。
A:I’m glad you do. I like the zoo, too.
我很高兴你喜欢,我也很喜欢动物园。
DIALOGUE  3:
A:I’m glad you came with me to meet my family.
我很高兴你跟我一起来见我的家人。
B:It’s no problem. But I can’t remember all these names.
这没什么大不了的,但我记不全所有这些名字。
A:I don’t expect you to. Just remember the important names.
我并不指望你都记得,只记住一些重要的名字就够了。
B:I’ll try. Who’s that man?
我尽力而为吧,那个男的是谁?
A:The one with the beard
留胡子的那位?
B:Yes. That one
是的,就是那位!
A:That is my Uncle Sam.
那是我的叔叔萨姆。
B:I met him earlier. He’s a nice guy. Who’s the woman with the black dress?
我以前见过他,他人挺好的,穿黑裙子那位女的是谁?
A:That is my cousin. Amy. Isn’t she good looking
那是我表妹艾米,你不觉得她长得很好看吗?
B:Yes. She is. She’s got a loud laugh. Who’s that man with the glasses?
的确很好看,她笑起来够大声的。戴眼镜的那位男的是谁?
A:That is another cousin. His name is Edgar.
那是另一位表亲,他的名字叫埃德加。
B:He seems kind of strange.
他看起来有点古怪。
A:He is strange. He’s a writer.
他是很古怪,他是一位作家。
B:It helps to be strange if you’re a writer.
行为古怪对作家可是有利的。
A:It probably does. I hope you’re not bored here around my family.
也许是这样吧!我希望你跟我的家人呆在一起不会感到很无聊。
B:Not at all. Your family is very interesting.
一点也不,你的家庭很有趣。
DIALOGUE  4:
A:Thank you for coming. Mrs. Powell.
谢谢你的到来,鲍威尔夫人。
B:It’s my pleasure. I hope I can help with your investigation.
这是我的荣幸,我希望能为你们的调查帮点忙。
A:I have some pictures that I want to show you.
我有一些照片想拿给你看。
B:Do you think one of these men in the pictures was the one who robbed me?
你认为照片中这些人当中的某一位就是抢劫我的那个人吗?
A:I was hoping you could tell me that.
我正希望你来告诉我。
B:Okay! Let me have a look.
好吧!我来看一看。
A:Here you go. These are pictures of robbers.
你看吧,这些是抢劫犯的照片。
B:None of these men look familiar to me.
这些人我看起来都不眼熟。
A:Just take your time. There are a lot of photographs.
慢慢来,照片有很多。
B:Wait. I know this face. This is the man.
等一下,我认得这张脸,就是这个人。
A:Are you sure? This one right here
你肯定吗?就是这里这个人!
B:I’m positive. Do you see his large eyes? I remember those eyes very clearly.
我肯定。你看到他的这双大眼睛了吗?我对这双眼睛记得很清楚。
A:Does he still look like this?
他还是像这照片上的样子吗?
B:His face looked a little thinner. But it’s the same man.
照片上他的脸看起来要廋一点,但的确是同一个人。
A:This is very good. Hopefully. We can find this man soon.
很好,希望我们能很快抓住这个人。
B:I’m glad I could help.
很高兴我能帮上忙。
DIALOGUE  5:
A:I really like the atmosphere of this place.
我的确很喜欢这个地方的气氛。
B:It’s very authentic Korean.
这是非常正宗的韩国风味。
A:Oh. Look. Our food is here.
噢!看,我们的菜来了。
B:This stuff looks pretty good. It smells good too.
这道菜看起来挺不错的,闻起来也很香。
A:I have no idea what this food is. I’m glad you ordered for me.
我不知道这道菜是什么,很高兴你为我点了。
B:Do you recognize this?
你认得这是什么吗?
A:It looks like meat. That’s all I can say.
看起来像肉类,我只知道这么多了。
B:It’s barbecue beef. The Koreans really like barbecue.
这是烧烤牛肉,韩国人确实喜欢烧烤。
A:That is this stuff?
这东西是什么?
B:That’s a kind of bean. I can’t remember the Korean name for it.
那是一种豆子,我不记得它的韩国名字了。
A:This all looks very good. We need something to drink. Though.
所有这些看起来都很棒,但我们需要点饮料。
B:They have excellent Japanese beer here.
这里有上佳的日本啤酒。
A:I’ve had Japanese beer. Let’s get a pitcher.
我喝过日本啤酒,我们来一楂吧。
B:That will go well with the barbecue.
那酒配烤肉好极了。
A:I’ll get our waitress’s attention.
我来叫侍者拿给我们。

新英语900句第39课情景对话

Dialogue 1:
A:What are you doing right now?
你现在在干嘛?
B:I’m waiting to meet with my biology professor to discuss my last test.
我在等着和我的生物学教授会面,讨论我上次的测验。
A: Did you do poorly on it?
你考得很差吗?
B:No. I did fine. I just had some questions.
不,我考得挺好。我只是有一些问题。
A:Who is your professor anyway?
那你生物教授是谁?
B:Mr. Smalls
斯莫尔斯先生
A:I don’t think I know him.
我想我不认识他。
B:You might not, This is his first year teaching here.
你可能不认识,这是他第一年在这教书。
A:What does he look like?
他长得怎么样?
B:He’s kind of tall and thin. He has a long nose. He looks kind of English.
他高高瘦瘦,长鼻子,看上去像个英国人。
A:  Does he have a red beard?
他留这红色的胡子吗?
B:No, you’re thinking of one of math professors. I can’t remember his name.
不是,你想到另外一位数学教授去了,我记不起他的名字了。
A:I’m not sure I know him then.
我不能肯定是否认识他。
B:He always wears funny ties.
他总是打着滑稽的领带。
A:Oh! I do know him. He does look English. What kind of teacher is he?
噢!我确实知道他,他的确看起来像英国人,他是什么类型的老师?
B:He’s pretty good. And he did meet with me on short notice.
他挺好的。我匆匆忙忙找他,他也会跟我会面。
A:He sounds like a good guy. I think I see him coming over here. I’ll talk to you later.
听起来他是个好人。我想我看见他朝这里走来了,以后再跟你聊。
B:See you later. Eric
再见,埃里克。


DIALOGUE 2:
A:Hey. Annie. Have you seen my hat around here

嗨!安妮。你在这里看见我的帽子了吗?

B:I’ve seen lots of hats.
我看见有很多帽子
A:That doesn’t help me. I want my hat.
拿对我可没什么用,我要找我的帽子。
B:Well. What does it look like?
好了,你的帽子是什么样子的?
A:It’s just a dark blue wool cap.
是一顶深蓝色的羊毛帽。
B:  Does is have a red stripe around it?
周围是不是有红色条文?
A:Yeah, It does. Have you seen it?
是,没错。你看见过吗?
B:I think it’s in the kitchen.
我想它在厨房了。
A:Great! It’s cold today and I really need my hat.
好极了!今天很冷,我确实需要戴上我的帽子。
B:Why are you always losing things?
为什么你总是丢三落四的?
A:I don’t know. I’m a busy person. I get distracted.
我不知道。我是个大忙人,很容易分心。
B:That sounds like an excuse to me.
我看来那不过是个借口。
A:Maybe it is. But I don’t have to explain myself to you.
也许是吧!可是我没必要向你解释清楚。
B:Fine. But don’t expect me to always find your things for you.
好啊!不过别指望我总是会帮你找东西。
A:I’m sorry. You’re right. I should be more careful about losing stuff.
对不起!你说得对,我应该更小心些,别老是丢失东西。
B: Don’t worry about it. I think it’s funny.
别担心了,我不过觉得好笑罢了。


DIALOGUE  3:
A:What’s taking so long?
你在那干什么那么久啊?
B:I’m getting dressed. Don’t rush me.
我在换衣服,别催我。
A:We’re going to be late for dinner.
我们去宴会快要迟到了。
B:Have you seen my red dress? I can’t find if.
你看见我那条红裙子了吗?我找不到了。
A:  Don’t worry about it. Wear something else.
别管它了,穿别的吧!
B:I want to wear this particular red dress.
我就想穿那条红色的长裙。
A:Which one?
哪条?
B:The one I bought last month.
我上个月买的那一条。
A:What does it look like?
裙子是什么样的?
B:It’s the sleeveless dress with the black buttons.
是条无袖的长裙,上面有黑色的纽扣。
A:You had me take that to the cleaners yesterday. Remember?
你昨天叫我拿去洗衣店了,记得吗?
B:You’re right. I completely forgot.
你说得对,我完全忘了。
A:That’s okay. But please try to hurry.
那没什么,不过请尽量快点。
B:Yes. I’m sorry. I’ll find something else to wear.
好的。对不起!我会找别的衣服穿。


DIALOGUE  4:
A:Hello. Can I help you?
你好!要买点什么吗?
B:Maybe. I’m looking for a cold weather tent.
看看吧!我在找一个在天气寒冷时用的帐篷。
A:We’ve got a few good ones. What are you looking for in particular?
我们有几种质量很好的帐篷,你具体在找哪一种?
B:It needs to be big enough for two people.
帐篷必须大到能供两个人用。
A:Any particular shaped?
想要哪种形状的?
B:I prefer dome shaped.
我喜欢圆顶型的。
A:How about those over there? They’re pretty new.
那边那些怎么样?它们挺新款的。
B:  Do you have a blue tent like that?
像那样的帐篷你们有蓝色的吗?
A:I’d have to look in the back. Do you mind waiting for a second?
我得到后面去看看,你介意等一会吗?
B:Not at all. Take your time.
不介意,慢慢来。
A:I’ll be right back.   Okay, here we are. Is this what you’re looking for?
我就回来。                好了!看看这个,这就是你要找的吗?
B:Yes. That will do fine.
是的!这顶挺好的。


DIALOGUE  5:
A:Where did you get that new coat?
那件新大衣 在哪里买的?
B:  Do you like it?
你喜欢吗?
A:Yes. It looks pretty rugged.
是的。它看上去挺粗糙的。
B:It’s supposed to be. It’s a hiking jacket.
它本应是这样子的。这是件徒步旅行穿的夹克。
A:I like the color. You look good in purple.
我喜欢这种颜色,你穿紫色很好看。
B:  Look at this. It’s reversible. It’s black on the inside.
看这里,它是正反两面都可以穿的。它的里面是黑色的。
A:That is pretty neat. It’s good to have if one side gets dirty.
那倒是挺巧妙的,要是一面脏了,还可以穿另一面。
B:Both sides are waterproof too.
两面还都是防水的。
A:And I see it has a hood.
而且我看见它还有顶兜帽。
B:Oh. I know. With this jacket. I don’t even need an umbrella.
哦!我知道,有了这件夹克,我连雨伞也用不着了。
A:Maybe I shonld go get one.
也许我也应该去买一件。
B:There’re on sale at the camping store near the library.
在图书馆附近的那间出售露营产品的商店,这衣服大减价。
A:I think I may go down there later. This week and have a look.
我想这星期迟些时候我可能去那里看一看。
B:You should go sooner before they run out.
你应该早点去,不然要卖完了。
A:I should. Where are you going now?
是应该早点去,你现在去哪里?
B:I’m going home to study. Want to study with me?
我回家学习,想跟我一起学习吗?
A:Sure. That’s be great.
当然想,那太好了。
B:Come on then. Let’s get out of here.
那走吧!让我们离开这里。

新英语900句第40课情景对话

Dialogue1:
A: Hey! are you busy right now?
   
嗨,你现在忙吗?
B: Not especially. What can I do for you?
   
不怎么忙。有什么我能帮你做的吗?
A: My kid is having a birthday party on Saturday. I need your help.
   
我的孩子星期六要开一个生日晚会,我需要你帮忙。
B: This sounds interesting. What do you need?
   
听起来挺有趣的。你需要我帮你什么忙?
A: Nothing much. It’s a surprise party. Could you take my son with
your son somewhere and then bring him back in the afternoon?
   
没什么,这是一个惊喜聚会。你能不能把你儿子和我儿子带到别的地方,然
后下午再把他们带回来。
B: I don’t think I’m busy on Saturday.Yes. That should be fine.
   
我想我星期六有空。好的。那没什么问题。
A: I really appreciate it. We’re really trying to make this party
extra special for him.
   
我真的很感激。我们真的想让他觉得这次聚会格外特别。
B: That’s nice. He’s lucky to have parents like you.
   
那很好。他有你们这样的父母真是幸运。
A: where are you going to take him?
   
你打算把他带到哪里?
B: I hadn’t thought about it yet really. I’ll ask my son. Billl. For
ideas.
   
我确实还没想过这个问题,我会问我的儿子比利。看他有什么提议。
A: Okay. But just don’t tell Billy about the surprise. Either.
   
好的。不过。也不要告诉比利关于惊喜聚会的事。
B: Why not? It’s not his party.
   
为什么不能告诉他?又不是他的生日聚会。
A: Yes. But he may tell my son by accident. These boys are young.
   
没错。可是他可能会无意中告诉我儿子。这两个男孩还小。
B: Good point. I’ll just ask him what he wants to do on Saturday.
   
有道理。那我只会问他星期六想干什么。
A: Good idea. I appreciate this. Maybe I can return the favor.
   
好主意。我很感谢你这样做。也许以后我能还你这个人情。
B: Maybe. I’ll see you later. Bye now.
   
有可能。到时见。再见

Dialogue2:
A: Excuse me.
   
劳驾。
B: Yes. Can I help you?
  
什么事?我能帮你吗?
A: Would you mind putting out that cigarette?
   
你介意把香烟熄掉吗?
B: Does it bother you?
   
我打扰你了吗?
A: Yes. It does bother me very much.
   
是的。而且是让我非常烦恼。
B: I’m sorry to hear that. But mind your own business.
   
我很抱歉听到你这么说。不过你少管闲事。
A: How rude! Please put out that cigarette now. it’s disgusting.
   
你真粗鲁。请现在把烟灭掉。真是令人讨厌。
B: You can’t tell me to do anything that I don’t want to do.
   
你不能叫我做任何我不想做的事情。
A: Do you see that sign? It says “No Smoking Allowed”. That means
you.
   
你看到块牌子了吗?上面说“禁止吸烟”。说的就是你。
B: What are you going to do about it?
   
那你打算怎么办?
A: If you’re going to be so difficult about it. I’ll go get a
policeman.
   
如果你继续那样刁难的话,我只能去找警察了。
B: Alright . Alright. I’ll put it out. Are you happy?
   
好吧。好吧。我就将烟熄掉。你高兴了吧。
B: Yes. I’m .
是的。

Dialogue3:
A: Hey. Debbie. Could you lend me a hand for a second?
   
嗨,黛比。能帮我一会儿吗?
B: Sure. What’s the trouble?
   
当然可以。有什么事?
A: Nothing serious. I’m just trying to hand this painting up.
   
不是什么大事。我正设法把这幅画挂上去。
B: Do you need me to help hold it?
   
你需要我帮忙拿着它吗?
A: No. just stand back there. Tell me if It’s straight.
   
不是。你站在后面告诉我画是否放正了就行。
B: Okay. That’s easy enough.
   
好吧。那容易得很。
A: How does it look now?
   
现在看来怎么样?
B: It’s a little down on the left side.
   
左边有点太往下了。
A: A little down? Do you mean move it down to the left?
   
有点往下?你的意思是说把它往左边移下一点。
B: No. it’s low on the left side. Move it up.
   
不是。是左边低了一点。把它往上移。
A: Okay. How does that look?
   
好的。现在看起来怎么样?
B: It seems alright to me. Do you need anything else?
   
画看起来像摆正了。你还需要别的东西吧?
A: Yeah. One more thing. Go get me a nail from that drawer.
   
是的。还有一样东西。去那个抽屉拿一枚钉子给我。
B: Here you go.
  
给你。
A: Thanks . that should be all I need.
   
谢谢。我要的应该就是这些了。
B: No problem. Let me know if you need anything else.
   
没问题。如果你需要别的就告诉我一声。

Dialogue4:
A: Hey. Buddy. Could you move over a little bit? I can’t see the TV
   
嗨,伙计,移过来一点好吗?我没法看到电视。
B: Oh. I’m sorry.
   
哦。对不起。
A: It’s no problem. It’s just real crowded in here.
   
没关系。这晨确实有点拥挤。
B: Yeah. I know. I wonder why everybody came here to watch this game.
   
我明白。我想知道为什么大家都跑来这里看这场比赛。
A: I have no idea. It’s kind of nice having all these guys here.
though.
   
我不清楚。不过。这么多人到这里来倒是挺好的。
B: Yeah. It’s definitely better than sitting at home watching the
game.
   
没错。这比坐在家里看比赛的确好得多。
A: By the way. My name’s Ulysses.
   
顺便说一句。我的名字叫尤利塞斯。
B: I’m Crter. That’s a strange name. it’s from the Greek myth.
Right?
   
我叫卡特。你的名字有点怪。是从希腊神话来的对吗?
A: That’s the same name. but I was named after my grandfather
是同一个名字。不过我的名字是跟着我祖父起的。.
B: That’s funny. So was i.
   真有趣。我也是。

A: What a coincidence. I guess you’re a baseball fan?
   
真巧合。我想你是一个棒球迷吧?
B: Yeah. I come here all the time.
   
没错。我经常来这里。
A: Me too. It’s good to get out of the house.
   
我也是。从家里走到外面来是挺好的。
B: Tell me about it. Look. Let me buy you a beer.
   
说得对。看。让我请你喝杯啤酒吧。
A: That sounds good to me. I’ll buy the next one.
   
我觉得这个提议很好。下一杯我来让。
B: This is going to be a good game.
   
这将是一场精彩的比赛。
A: It sure is. And the beer only makes it better.
   
肯定是。而且边喝啤酒边看就更棒了。

Dialogue5:
A: Hey, Larry. Could you do me a favor?
   
你好。拉里。能帮个忙吗?
B: Yeah. What is it?
   
好的。什么忙?
A: I’m getting pretty tired. Do you mind driving for a while?
   
我觉得挺累了。你介意开一会儿车吗?
B: Sure. I’d like to drive for a while.
   
当然不介意。我愿意开上一阵子。
A: I’ll pull over at the next gas station and get some gas. We’ll
switch then.
   
我会在一下个加油站停。然后加点油。到时我们交换位置。
B: How long have you been driving anyway?
   
到底你已经开了多久?
A: I’m not sure. I started when we were in Ohio
   
我不太肯定。当我们还俄亥俄州时我就开始开。
B: We left Ohio eight hours ago. You must be tired.
   
八小时前我们就离开俄亥俄州了。你一定是很疲劳。
A: Yeah. But it’s been a nice ride. The scenery is beautiful out here
   
是的。不过这是一次很好的驾车旅行。外同的风景很美。
B: I’ve been asleep or reading most of the time.
   
大部分时间我都在睡觉或者看书。
A: How do you read in the car without feeling sick?
   
你怎么可以在车里看书而不感到晕车的呢?
B: I don’t know. I just always have. It doesn’t bother me.
   
我也不知道,我一直以来都是这样做的。在车里看书对我一点困扰也没有。
A: That’s lucky for you. Oh, here’s a gas station. I’ll pull over.
   
你真是幸运。哦。这里有个加油站。我要停车了。
B: Thanks. I’ll pay for the gas this time.
   
谢谢。这次我来付汽油的钱。
A: Okay. I’ll get us some snacks.
  
好的。我去给我俩买点小吃

新英语900句第41课情景对话

Dialgoue1:
A: Hey, What are you doing right now?
   
嗨,你在现在干什么?
B: Not much. I was going over to the library to study.
   
没什么。我正要上图书馆学习去。
A: That’s no fun. Come with me to the coffee shop. We can study
together there.
   
那多没意思。跟我一起上咖啡厅吧。我们可以一起在那儿学习。
B: I won’t get any studying done there at all.
   
我在那儿一点都学习不了。
A: Why do you say that?
   
你怎么会那样说?
B: People will talk to me and distract me in the coffee shop. I won’t
get any work done.
   
在咖啡厅里。人家会跟我说话。让我分心。我就什么都做不了了。
A: That’s not true. Come on. I’m hungry. We can get a bite to eat.
   
不是那样的。来吧。我饿了。我们可以去弄点吃的。
B: I’m hungry too. Maybe I could go.
   
我也饿了。也许我能去吧。
A: Come on. What are you studying anyway?
   
来吧。其实你究竟在学些什么?
B: I’m trying to finish the reading assignment for our physics class.
   
我正试着完成物理课的阅读作业。
A: I’ve already finished. I can help you.
   
我已经做完了。我可以帮你。
B: How can you help me read the homework?
   
你怎么能帮我读这些作业呢?
A: Don’t be silly. I can help explain some of the difficult parts.
   
别傻了。我可以给你解释一些疑难部分。
B: Alright. You’ve convinced me against my better judgment.
   
好吧。你把我说服了,让我放弃了我更理智的决断。
A: Good. I’ll buy you a piece of pizza.
   
好的。我请你吃一份比萨饼。
B: Don’t forget. You’re going to help me study.
   
别忘了,你要帮我学习。

Dialogue2:
A: Max. do you understand what’s going on in math right now?
   
马克斯,你明白现在数学课在讲什么吗?
B: I do understand some of it. Why? Do you need help?
   
我确是明白一点。怎么这么问?你需要帮忙吗?
A: Very much. I’m completely lost.
   
非常需要。我完全给弄得晕头转向了。
B: Why? Is it that complicated?
   
怎么啦?有那么复杂吗?
A: The problem is that I missed two days of class last week.
   
问题是我上星期缺了两天的课。
B: Oh. That explains it. Those two days were when the professor
started on this new section.
   
哦。怪不得。刚好那两天教授开始讲这个新内容。
A: That’s my bad luck. So. As you can see. I need some help.
   
那就是我倒霉了。所以,正如你所见,我需要帮助。
B: No problem. I can at least explain the basic idea.
   
没问题。我至少也能解释一下基本观点。
A: Great. That’s all I need.
   
太好了。那正是我所需要的。
B: Can you meet later today?
   
我们今天晚一些点能见个面吗?
A: Sure. What time is good for you?
  
当然可以,你什么时间方便?
B: How about four o’clock in the library?
   4
点钟在图书馆怎么样?
A: That’s fine with me. Do you want to meet upstairs?
   
我没问题。你想楼上见面吗?
B: Yeah. That will work. Let’s meet near the staircase.
   
好。那可以。让我们在楼梯附近见面吧。
A: Good. I’ll see you then. Thanks.
   
行。到时见。谢谢。
B: Sure. See you then.
   
到时见。

Dialogue3:
A: Do you have change for a dollar?
   
你有一块钱零钱换吗?
B: No. why do you need change?
   
没有。你要零钱来干嘛?
A: The drink machine only takes exact change.
   
那饮料机只收确切数目的零钱。
B: Do you mean the machine by the gym?
   
你是说体操房旁边那台机器吗?
A: Yes. That one. Why?
   
是的。就是那一台。干吗这么问?
B: That machine is always like that. Use the one near the dining hall.
   
那台机老是那样的。用食堂附近那一台吧。
A: Really? I never knew that.
   
真的吗?我从来都不知道。
B: Yeah. The one in the gym doesn’t work very well.
   
是啊。体操房的那台运作不是很好。
A: But the dining hall is so far from here.
   
但食堂离这儿太远了。
B: Oh. Stop complaining. It’s not that far.
   
噢,别抱怨了。也不是那么远吧。
A I’ve been exercising. I’m tired.
   我一直在运动。现在很累了。

B I'm going to the dining hall for dinner. Come with me.
   我正要去食堂吃饭。跟我一起走吧。

AOkay. Maybe I’ll have dinner as well.
   好吧。或许我也会去吃饭。

B right. Then. Come on.
   好。那就走吧。


Dialogue4:
A: Hey. Ben. What are you doing?
   
嗨,本。你在做什么?
B: I’m just going back to my room to watch TV.
   
我正要回我的房间去看电视。
A: Well. What about tonight?
   
那今天晚上呢?
B: I don’t know. I hadn’t made nay plans.
   
我不知道。我还没有什么计划。
A: Some of the guys were going to the party at Dave’s house.
   
有些人要去戴弗家的派对。
B: Isn’t he a senior? We’re just freshmen. I don’t know him.
   
他不是高年级的学生吗?我们只是新生而已。我甚至还不认识他呢。
A: What does that matter? Lots of people will be there.
   
那有什么要紧?很多人都会去。
B: Without being invited?
   
不用受邀请吗?
A: Of course. This is college. No one sends out invitations.
   
当然,这是大学了。没人会发邀请的。
B: I guess you’re right. What time are you going?
   
我想你说得对。你打算什么时候去?
A: I’m probably going over there about eleven o’clock.
   
我可能11点钟左右过去。
B: I think I’ll go with you. I don’t want to spend all night in my
room.
   
我想跟你一起去。我不想整个晚上就呆在房间里。
A: Great. Come over to my room about 10:30
   
太好了。10:30左右到我房间来吧。
B: Okay. I’ll be over them. See you later.
   
好的。我到时过去。回头见。

Dialogue5:
A: Can you believe what my physics professor said today?
   
你能相信我的物理教授今天所说的话吗?
B: What did he say? Why are you so upset?
   
他说了什么?你干吗这么心烦意乱?
A: He said we’re going to have a paper to do at the end of the term.
   
他说我们在期末要做一篇论文。
B: What’s wrong with that? Most professors say that.
   
那有什么问题?大多数教授都会那样的啦。
A: I know. But my professor already assigned us a science project.
   
我知道。但我的教授已经布置我们一项科学计划了。
B: Okay. What’s the problem?
   
好了。问题究竟是什么?
A: That means I have to do a paper. A science project and study for
the final exam in six weeks.
   
那就意味着我在6个星期以内要完成一篇论文,一项科学计划,还要准备期末
考试。
B: Oh. I see. That is pretty bad.
   
哦。我明白了。那可真糟糕。
A: I know. I don’t need this kind of stress right now.
   
我知道。我这个时候真不需要这种压力。
B: Just budget your time. You’ll be okay.
   
安排好你的时候就行了。你会没问题的。
A: That’s easy for you to say. You don’t have to do it.
   
你说得倒轻松。你不用去做嘛。
B: True. But what else can I say. I could laugh at you. Is that what
you want?
   
是啊。但我不能说什么呢?我本来可以取笑你的。但那是你想要的吗?
A: No. I guess you’re right.
   
不。我想你是对的。
B: Do you have any other papers?
   
你还有别的论文吗?
A: I sure do. I have to write papers for my math and history classes.
   
当然有。我的教学课和历史课都布置了论文。
B: Wow. That’s rough. If I were you. I’d be working right now.
   
哇。那可不轻松。如果我是你的话,我现在就已经开始干了。
A: I know. I’ve got to start preparing tonight.
   
我知道,我今晚就得开始准备。
B: That would be least ease your mind a little bit.
   
那至少会让你心情放松一点.
A: I hope so. I’m going home now. I’ll see you later.
   希望如此。我要回家了。回头见。

新英语900句第42课情景对话

Dialogue1:
A: Are these the books you’re checking out?
   
这些书是你要借出去的吗?
B: Yes.they are. When are they due back?
   
是的。什么时候到期。
A: You can have them for one month. May I see your card?
   
你可以借一个月。能把你的卡给我看看吗?
B: Oh, sure. I forgot. Here you go.
  
噢。当然可以。我忘了。这给你。
A: Thank you. Oh. I’m sorry. It seems you still have a book overdue.
   
谢谢。噢,对不起。看来你还有一本书过期没还。
B: What? I don’t understand. What book?
   
什么?我不明白。什么书?
A: The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. Does that sound familiar?
   
《罗马帝国的没落》,听起来耳熟吗?
B: Oh, no. I loaned that to my friend. I thought he returned it.
   
噢,我把它借给我的朋友了。我还以为他给还了。
A: It looks like he didn’t.
   
似乎他还没有。
B: Does that mean I can’t have any books until i return this one?
   
那是不是意味着我要还了这本书才能借其它的书?
A: Yes. I’m afraid that’s our rule.
   
是的。恐怕我们的规定是这样的。
B: What is the fine on that book right now?
   
现在那本书的罚金是多少了?
A: Right now you own S3.7. it’s so.5o a day for over due books.
   
现在你是欠了$3.70.过期书籍每天罚款$0.50.
B: I’m so sorry. I’ll to my place right now and bring it back
   真对不起。我马上回去把它拿来。

A: We close in an hour. Do you have time?
   
我们还有一人上小时就关门了。你够时间吗?
B: Yes. I live right nearby. Can you just hold these books here for a
little bit?
   
够的。我就住在这附近。这些书能在这里放一会儿吗?
A: Sure. They’ll be ready too check out when you get back .
   
当然可以。你回来的时候就可以把它们借出去了。
B: Thanks. I 'll be back soon.
  
谢谢,我很快回来。

Dialogue2:
A: What page are you on?
   
你看到第几页了?
B: I’m on page 78. why do you ask?
   
我看到第78页了。怎么了?
A: I was just curious. You read fast.
   
我只是好奇,你读得很快。
B: I read faster if my friends don’t keep asking me questions.
   
如果我的朋友不是老问我问题的话,我会读得更快一点的。
A: Am I really bothering you?
  
我真的是打扰到你了吗?
B: This is library, You’re not supposed to talk anyway.
   
这里是图书馆,怎么说,这里是不准谈话的。
A: It’s okay if you whisper.
   
小声说没问题的。
B: No it’s not . it still annoys other people.
   
有。小声说还是会干扰到别人。
A: I’m going to to somewhere else to study where I can talk.
   
我要到别的地方去学习,去一个我可以说话的地方。
B: if you talk. Then you can’t study.
   
如果你说话的话,你就不能学习了。
A: maybe you’re right. But I need a break. I’m getting bored.
   
也许你说得对。但我需要休息一下。我觉得很闷了。
B: Just make sure you’re prepared for class tomorrow.
   
反正你能确保准备好明天的课就行了。
A: I will be. It’s not that late right now. I’ve got plenty of time.
   
我会的。现在也不是太晚。我还有充足的时间。
B: Where are you going now?
   
你现在要去哪里?
A: I don’t know. Maybe I’ll go to the student union buitding to get
a snack. Do you want to come?
   
我不知道,可能去学生会大楼买点东西吃吧。你要来吗?
B: No. I’m really focused right now on studying. I’ll see you later.
   
不。我现在正学得入神。待会儿见。
A: Suit yourself. I’ll see you later. Bye.
   
随便你吧。待会儿见。再见。
B: Bye.
  
再见。

Dialogue3
A: Excuse me.
   
打扰一下。
B: yes. Can I help you?
   
有什么能帮你吗?
A: I’m looking for a book for class. The computer says that is’s
here.but I couldn’t fine it on the shelf.
   
我正在找一本上课要用的书。电脑查到它在这儿,但我在架子上找不到。
B: What’s the title of the book?
   
书名是什么?
A: It’s called being and Nonbeing.
   
叫《存在与非存在》
B: I see what the problem is. One copy is on reserve for a professor
and the other copy is checked out
   
我知道为什么了。一本是留着给一位教授的,另一体被别人借走了。
A: Oh. That’s too bad.
   
噢,那真是糟糕。
B:  I can reserve the checked out copy for you.
   
我可以预留那本借了出去的给你。
A: What does that mean?
   
那是什么意思?
B: When the book is returned I can call you. It’s due next week.
   
那本书被归还了我就打电话给你。下星期就到期了。
A: Great. Yes. Please reserve that copy for me.
   
太好了。拜托给我留着那一本啦。
B: Your phone number on your library card correct?
  
你在借书证上的电话号码是正确的吗?
A: Yes. It is.
  
是的。
B: Good. We’ll give you a call when it gets here.
   
那好。有书的时候我们就给你电话。
A: Thank you. Have a nice day.
   
谢谢你,愿你今天愉快。
B: You too. Goodbye.
  
你也是。再见。

Dialogue4:
A: Hey, Nathan. I didn’t know you worked in the library.
   
嗨,内森。我都不知道你在图书馆里工作呢。
B: Yeah. I started working here a week ago.
   
是啊。我一星期之前才开始在这儿工作。
A: This job looks easy. All you do is sit here and check out books to
people.
   
这份工作看起来很轻松。你要做的就是坐在这里,把书借出去。
B: Sometimes I have to go around and put books back on the shelf.
   
有时我要四处走动把书放回书架上。
A: That can’t be too hard. Don’t you get bored?
   
那也不会很难。你不觉得闷吗?
B: Not really. I get all my homework done here and I can play around
on the internet.
   
一点也不。我在这里作完所有作业,还可以上网。
A: Really? How do I get a job here?
   
真的吗?我怎样才能在这里工作?
B: I don’t think you can. They don’t need anyone right now.
   
我想你不可以了。他们眼下不需要人了。
A: I’m tired of working at the campus bookstore.
   
我厌倦在学校书店里工作了。
B: I’m sorry to hear that. I get off work in an hour. Will you still
be here then?
   
听你这样说我很抱歉,我还有一个小时就下班了。你还会在这儿吗?
A: Sure. I’m just going to be studying downstairs.
   
在。我正要到楼下学习。
B: Come get me in an hour.
  
一个小时后来接我。
A: What do you want to do?
   
你想干什么?
B: I don’t know. I’m pretty hungry.
  
我不知道。我很饿了。
A: Let’s go get a burger off campus.
   
让我们到学校外面吃汉堡包吧。
B: That would be great. I’ll see you in an hour.
   
那太好了。一个小时后见。

Dialogue5:
A: What are you looking for?
   
你在找什么书?
B: Nothing in particular. I’m just browsing the history section.
   
没什么。我只是浏览一下历史类的书而已。
A: I didn’t know you liked history.
   
我都不知道你喜欢历史呢。
B: Sometimes it’s interesting to read.
   
有时读历史挺有趣的。
A: I agreed. I’m reading a pretty good book about Prohibition right
now.
   
我同意。我现在正在读一本很不错的关于禁酒令的书。
B: Isn’t that when they outlawed alcohol?
   
那不是他们规定酒精违法的时候吗?
A: Yes. And that caused a growth in organized crime. It’s a good
book.
   
是的。那次运动造成有组织犯罪率上升。这是一本好书。
B: I need something new to read. I was hoping they’d have a good book
on Chinese history.
   
我需要读一些新的东西,我希望他们有关于中国历史的好书。
A: Any luck?
   
找到了吗?
B: Not yet. I don’t think they have much non-Western history in this
library.
   
还没有。我想他们没有多少非西方历史的书。
A: probably not. You should go to the bookstore.
   
可能是没有。你该去书店找找。
B: Yes. But that’s expensive. Library books are free.
   
是的。但那很贵。图书馆的书是免费的。
A: Well. Good luck finding some Chinese history books.
   
那祝你有好运气,能找到讲中国历史的书。
B: What are you doing now?
   
你现在要干什么?
A: I’ve got to meet Lisa downstairs to study.
   
我约了丽莎在楼下学习。
B: Okay. I’ll see you later.
   
好吧。等会儿见。

新英语900句第43课情景对话

Dialogue1:
A: This is definitely a good party.
   
这的确是一个不错的派对。
B: I know. I’ve only been here an hour. But I’m really having a good
time.
   
我知道,我只来了一个小时而已,但我玩得很开心。
A: I’m glad you came out tonight. So many people are here.
   
我很高兴你今晚出来,很多人来了这里。
B: I think a lot of people are trying to relax after finishing exams.
   
我想很多人是考完试要来放松一下的。
A: You’re right. That’s why so many people seem a little wild
tonight.
   
你说得对。那就是那么多人今晚显得有点疯狂的原因。
B: Did you see Carl here?
   
你看到卡尔在这儿了吗?
A: yes. I think he came in with Kevin a few minutes ago.
   
看到。我想他几分钟之前跟可文一起进来了。
B: Did you see where they went?
   
你看到他们去哪儿了吗?
A: You could check the kitchen.
   
你可以到厨房看看。
B: I’ll just wait. It’s too  crowded to push my way through to the
kitchen.
   
我就等好了。人太挤了。很难走到厨房那边去。
A: it’s hard to hear you right here. though. Let’s move away from
the music.
   
但这里很难听到你说什么。让我们远离这些音乐吧。
B: Good idea. My ears are ringing.
   
好主意,我的耳朵在嗡嗡响了。
A: Hey, look. Some guy just bought some more beer. Let’s go get
some.
   
看,有人刚买了啤酒回来,让我们来一些吧。
B: you’d better take it easy tonight. You’ve got to be work in the
morning.
   
你今晚最好别喝那么多。你早上还要工作。
A: Relax. I’ll be fine. I’ve gone to work after staying up all night
before.
   
别紧张。我会没事的。我以前试熬了通宵以后再去上班。
B: Do what you want, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.
你想做什么就做什么好了,但不要说我没有提醒你。

Dialogue 2:
A: Do you know anybody at this party?
   
你认识这个派对上的什么人吗?
B: I know a few people here. Most of them are graduate students.
   
我认识几个。大多数都是研究生。
A: Do you really want to stay?
   
你真的想留下吗?
B: What else are we going to do?
   
我们还能干什么呢?
A: I don’t know. But I don’t think these are our kind of people.
   
我不知道,但我觉得这些人跟我们不是同一类型的。
B: Why don’t we stay for about half an hour to see if anyone else
arrives.
   
为什么不再多呆半小时看看有没有其他人来呢?
A: Okay. Half an hour. Then we’ll decide.
   
好吧。半小时,然后就要作决定。
B: Actually, a lot of these grad students are good-looking.
   
事实上,这些研究生当中很多都挺好看的。
A: Yeah. But it doesn’t matter. You’re not going to be talking to
any of them.
   
是的。但那没什么关系。你又不是要跟他们任何一个说话。
B: Maybe I will. Anyway. It never hurt to just look.
   
也许我会呢。不管怎么说,看看总不会有坏处的。
A: it will hurt if someone’s boyfriend sees you looking.
   
如果某某的男朋友看到你正盯着就不妙了。
B: Relax. No one notices us. We’re just plain sophomores.
   
别紧张。没人留意到我们。我们只是普通的二年级生而已
A: I’m going to get a beer. Do you want one?
   
我要去拿杯啤酒,你要吗?
B: Sure. That would be nice
要,那敢情好。
A: By the time we finish these beers. Maybe this will be more
interesting.
   
我们喝完这些啤酒的时候,大概这里会有趣一点了。
B: If it’s not. I promise you we’ll go somewhere else.
   
我跟你保证:如果不是的话,我们就去别的地方。

Dialogue 3:
A: How long do you want to stay?
   
你还要呆多久?
B: I don’t know. Why do you ask?
   
我不知道。干吗那样问?
A: I’m just feeling tired. I think I’m going to go home soon.
   
我只是觉得累了。我打算马上就回家。
B: I’ll go with you. Just wait a few minutes.
   
我会跟你一起走的。等我一会儿。
A: Are you really having fun here?
   
你在这里真的玩是开心吗?
B: I really don’t care. I just want to talk to Steve for a second.
   
我真的不介意玩得开不开心。我只是想跟斯蒂夫聊一会而已。
A: Okay, but try to hurry.
   
好吧。但尽量快点。
B: Why are you in such a rush all of sudden?
   
你干吗突然间会那么赶呢?
A: Because that annoying guy over by the door keeps trying to talk to
me.
   
因为门边有个讨厌的家伙老是要跟我搭腔。
B: Really? Do you want me to tell him to stop?
   
是吗?你要我叫他闭嘴吗?
A: No. I’m just too bored here to tolerate him.
   
不用了。我只是在这里觉得太闷才受不了他。
B: oaky. I understand what you mean. I don’t see Steve here anyway.
   
好吧。我明白你的意思了。反正我在这里也没看到斯蒂夫。
A: Let’s get out of here then.
   
那么让我们离开这里吧。
B: Do you want to stop to get some coffee on the way home?
   
你想在回家的路上停下来喝杯咖啡吗?
A: Sure. That would be nice.
   
当然。那敢情好。
B: Good. Let’s get out of here.
   
好。让我们离开这里吧。

Dialogue 4:
A: You haven’t been talking much.
   
你不太讲话。
B: What? Oh, I guess I’m just not much of a party person?
  
什么?哦,我想我这人不适合参加派对吧。
A: I guess you’re just going to stay in the corner and drink your
beer.
   
我猜你只是打算呆在这角落里喝你的啤酒而已。
B: Not exactly. I’m talking to you. Aren't I?
   
不完全是。我正在跟你谈话。不是吗?
A: Not for long. I’m going to have some fun while I’m here.
   
没谈多少。我来这里就是要找点乐子的。
B: Oh, really? How?
   
是吗?怎么找?
A: I don’t know. I’ll probably go do some dancing in a second.
   
我不知道。我可能马上就去跳跳舞吧。
B: you dance? This I have to see.
   
你跳舞?我这得看看。
A: Slow down. I’ll need to finish this beer so I can relax enough to
dance.
   
别着急。我要先喝完这杯酒。才能足够放松去跳舞。
B: If you were really having a good time. Then you wouldn’t need a
beer.
   
如果你真的是玩得开心的话,就无须啤酒了。
A: Stop thinking so much. Just have some fun. The school week is over.
   
别想那么多了。就玩玩而已嘛。也不用上课了。
B: I know. But I’m tired. I’m going home to watch some TV.
   
我知道。但我累了。我要回家看电视。
A: You’re no fun. I’ll probably be here for a few more hours.
   
你一点都不好玩。我可能还会在这里呆多几个小时。
B: I hope you have a good time. I’ll see you tonight or tomorrow
morning.
   
我希望你玩得开心。今晚或明早见。
A: I’ll try not to wake you when I get back to the house.
   
我到家的时候会尽量不吵醒你的。
B: That would be nice. I’m getting out of here. See you later.
   
那敢情好。我要离开这里了。回头见。

Dialogue 5:
A: Sometimes I just don’t understand the idea of a party.
   
有时我真不明白搞派对有什么意思。
B: Why do you say that? The idea of a party is to have fun.
   
你怎么会那样说?搞派对就是为了好玩嘛。
A: I agree, but our school is so small. It makes parties kind of
strange.
   
我同意,但学校那么小,这样搞派对有点怪。
B: I don’t think I understand.
   
我不明白。
A: Every party has pretty much the same people every time.
   
每一次搞派对来来去去几乎都是同样的人。
B: Do you not like your classmates?
   
你不喜欢你的同班同学吗?
A: It’s not that. It’s just that it doesn’t feel any different than
being in class.
   
不是那个意思。只是这样觉得跟上课没什么区别。
B: Do you see anyone doing homework here?
   
你看到有人在这里做作业了吗?
A: No. but it’s the same people having the same conversations.
   
没有。但都是跟同样的人讲同样的话。
B: What would you prefer?
   
你想怎么样?
A: I’d like to go to a party and meet new people. That’s half the
fun of going to a party
   
我想去一个能接触到新面孔的派对。那才不是去派对的乐趣所在。
B: I guess I agree with that. But I don’t think you’ll find that at
this school.
   
我想我同意你所说的。但我认为你在这学校是不会找到那样的派对的。
A: I know. I know. Maybe next weekend we should go to party at some
other school.
   
我知道,我知道。也许下星期我们应该去参加别的学校的派对。
B: I have a cousin at the University of Colorado. That’s about an
hour’s drive from here.
   
我有一个老表在科罗拉多大学读书,那儿离这里大概一个小时车程。
A: Great! We should go there to meet people.
   
太好啦。我们得到那儿去。认识新的人。
B: Fine, but tonight let’s try to have some fun here.
  
好。但今晚就尽量在这儿开心一点吧。

新英语900句第44课情景对话

Dialogue 1:
A: I didn’t realize the ticket line would be so long.
   
我没想到买票的队伍会这么长。
B: I guess this is a really popular movie.
   
我想这确实是一部受欢迎的电影。
A: Yes, but this is a Tuesday night.
   
是的。但这是星期二晚上。
B: Well. At least the line is always moving.
   
至少队伍一直在动。
A: I’m worried that the movie will be sold out before we can buy a
ticket.
   
我担心到我们买票的时候票就卖完了。
B: we can always buy a ticket for tomorrow night if that happens.
   
如果是那样的话,我们总可以买到明天的票。
A: Yes, but we are here now. It would be a real disappointment to
have to wait another day.
   
是的。但我们现在已经在这里了。如果还要再等一天的话,那的确是够让人
失望的。
B: I certainly agree. But it’s better than not seeing this movie at
all.
   
我当然同意。但总好过看不到这部电影。
A: I think we should be able to get in.
   
我想我们应该能进去的。
B: Look at the people in this line. All kinds of people want to see
this movie.
   
看看这队伍里面的人,各种各样的人都要来看这部电影。
A: I can see. I’m surprised that it has such broad appeal.
   
我看到了,我很惊讶它的吸引力会那么大。
B: Are there any movies you want to see in case this one is sold out?
   
万一票卖完的话,你还有什么其它的电影想看的吗?
A: Maybe. I hadn’t really thought about it.
   
也许有吧。我还没真正想过呢。
B: Well, we’re almost to the front of the line now.
   
现在我们几乎到队伍前面了。
A: I think it will be okay. We’ll certainly get the tickets.
   
我想事情会顺利的。我们肯定会买到票的。
B: I’ve got an idea. I’ll wait in this line to get tickets. You go
get snacks and drinks for us.
   
我有一个主意,我在这里排队买票,你去替咱们买些小食和饮料。
A: okay. I’ll meet you inside.
  
好的。我在里面等你。


Dialogue 2:
A: We’ve got a few minutes. Before the start of the movie. Do you
want to get something to eat?
   
电影还有几分钟才开始,你想吃点什么吗?
B: Movie snacks are always so expensive.
   
电影院里的小食总是很贵的。
A: I know. But they’re good. I can afford it.
   
我知道,但它们确实挺好的。我买得起。
B: Okay. Why don’t we get a large popcorn and two cokes?
   
好的。为什么不买一份大爆米花和两份可乐呢?
A: We can share the popcorn.
   
我们可以一起吃爆米花。
B: Do you want to get some candy?
   
你想买些糖吗?
A: Sure, we can get a bag of candy.
   
好呀。我们可以买包糖。
B: Here’s some money.
   
这钱给你。
A: That’s okay. I’ve got money. You keep it.
   
行了。我有钱。你留着吧。
B: I guess you don’t like the girl to pay for anything.
   
我想你不喜欢女生付钱买任何东西。
A: That’s not true. It’s just that right now I can afford to pay.
You can pay for something later.
   
不是那样。只是现在我付得起。待会你可以付钱买别的。
B: Well, I’ll wait in line with you.
   
我跟你一起排队吧。
A: No. go inside and get us a good seat.
   
不用了。进去替我们找个好位子。
B: You won’t be able to find me.
   
你会找不到我的。
A: Good point. Okay. Just wait here with me.
   
有道理。好吧。跟我一起在这儿等吧。


Dialogue3 :
A: That movie was too scary.
   
那部电影太恐怖了。
B: Can you believe some people brought their children to see it?
   
你能相信有人带了他们的孩子来看吗?
A: I know. I’m surprised they were allowed in
我明白,我很惊讶他们会被允许进入。.
B: It was a good movie. Though. I was certainly scared.
   不过这是一部不错的电影。我确实是被吓坏了。

A: I like that it was scary without having to be disgusting.
   
我喜欢它够恐怖而不会让人恶心。
B: It made good use of suspense and not bloody body parts.
   
它很好地利用了悬念,而不是血淋淋的肢体。
A: I think next time I want to see a comedy.
   
我想下次我要看一部搞笑片。
B: There were funny parts in this movie.
   
这部电影里也有搞笑的部分。
A: I know. But think they did that just to relax you.
   
我知道。但我认为那只是为了让你放松一下而已。
B: Then. When the audience was relaxed, the worst scenes would happen
next.
   
然后,当观众放松了以后,最恐怖的画面就会出现了。
A: That was pretty clever of the director.
   
这确是导演的高明之处。
B: I think he specializes in scary movies.
   
我想他是专门拍恐怖片的。
A: Like I said. Next time let’s go see a comedy.
   
正如我所说,下次我们去看搞笑片吧。
B: I agree. There’s one out now about a talking horse.
   
我同意,现在有一部讲一只会说话的马的电影上映。
A: Oh, yeah. That should be real funny.
   
对,那应该会很搞笑。
B: good. Next week we’ll come see that one.
   
那好,下星期我们来看那一部。


Dialogue4 :
A: That movie was disgusting. I can’t believe we watched all of that.
   
那部电影真让人恶心,我真不敢相信我们会把它全部看完。
B: Are you kidding? That movie was hilarious.
   
你是在开玩笑吗?那部电影是很欢闹的。
A: No. it wasn’t. they just relied on disgusting visual humor.
   
不,他们只是依靠让人恶心的视觉幽默而已。
B: That stuff is funny. I was laughing the entire time.
   
那些东西够搞笑的。我一直都笑个不停。
A: it’s only funny if you’re a ten-year-old boy.
   
如果你还是个10岁男孩的话,就会觉得它搞笔。
B: Are you saying that I’m immature?
   
你是在说我不够成熟吗?
A: That was an immature movie.
   
那就是一部不成熟的电影。
B: Maybe so, but I liked it. What kind of humor do you like?
  
可能是吧。但我喜欢。那你又喜欢哪一类幽默?
A: Something that’s a bit more intelligent.
   
一些有内涵一点的。
B: Like what, for example?
   
比如哪一部?
A: I don’t know right now. perhaps something like political humor.
   
我现在不知道,也许讲诸如政治幽默之类的。
B: That’s boring. Politics is not funny.
  
好闷死人了。政治一点都不好玩。
A: it’s can be if you’re intelligent.
   
如果你有点睿智的话,你会觉得它好玩的。
B: First you call me immature. Then you call me stupid.
   
你先是说我不成熟,然后又说我笨
A: Forget about it. Next week let’s see another kind of movie. I’ll
pick one out.
   
别放在心上,下星期我们看看别的电影,我会选出一部的。
B: That’s okay with me. Just don’t pick something too boring.
  
我没事。只是别选太闷的就行了。


Dialogue 5:
A: There are a lot of movie previews before this movie.
   
这部电影开始之前有很多预告。
B: You don’t like it.
   
你不喜欢。
A: I came here to see one movie. Not previews for five others.
   
我是来这里看一部电影,而不是其它五部的预告。
B: I think it's interesting. I can see what movies will be coming
out soon.
   
我觉得这挺有趣的。我可以看到有什么电影即将上映。
A: So what? You’ll find out about them when they come out anyway.
   
那又怎么样?它们上映以后,你总会知道的。
B: Don’t be such a complainer. Some of these new movies look pretty
good.
   
别老这样抱怨。这些电影里面有几部还是不错的。
A: I agree, but I didn’t come here to see them.
   
我同意。但我不是来这儿看它们的。
B: So what? You’ll still get to see the movie you want. Just wait a
minute.
   
那又怎么样?你还是会看到你要看的电影的。就等一会嘛。
A: Pass me some of that popcorn.
   
给我一些爆米花。
B: Here. you’re going to eat it all before the movie starts.
   
这儿。电影还没开始,你就要把它吃完了。
A: Then we’ll just buy more.
   
那么我们再买就是了。
B: Eat that much popcorn and you’ll get sick. It’s too expensive
anyway.
   
吃那么多爆米花会生病的,何况它太贵了。
A: Look, they just turned the lights down. I guess that means the
movie is about to start.
   
看,他们刚把灯熄了,我想那意味着电影就要开始了。
B: I think so. Do you want to some of my drink? Why didn’t you buy
your own drink?
   
我同意,你要喝点我的饮料吗?你自己怎么不买饮料呢?
A: Because that one is big enough for two people to drink.
   
因为这一份那么大,足够两个人喝了。
B: Okay, stop talking. The movie is starting.
  
好了,别说话了,电影要开始了。

新英语900句第45课情景对话

Dialogue1:
A: I brought a friend of mine in here. Can I see him?
   
我带了一位朋友来这里,我能见他吗?
B: What’s his name?
   
他叫什么名字?
A: Steve Baxter. He has an injured leg.
   
史蒂夫。巴克斯特。他的腿受了伤。
B: He’s in room8. but the doctor’s seeing him at this time.
   
他住在八号房间。但是现在医正在给他诊治。
A: Do you know how long he’ll be?
   
你知道他要在这住多久吗?
B: I don’t know. It shouldn’t be too long. You can just wait in the
waiting room.
   
我不知道。应该不会太久。你可以在等候室里等他。
A: Do you know anything about his condition?
   
你知道有关他病情的一些情况吗?
B: I believe that he has a broken left leg. But its only a simple
fracture.
   
我相信他是断了左腿,不过只是一种普通的骨折。
A: what does that mean?
   
这是什么意思?
B: That means it’s a clean break without complications.
   
意思是说骨头断得很整齐,没有并发症。
A: That’s good to hear. I thought it might be more serious.
   
这倒是个好消息。我原以为要严重得多。
B:  He said something about a work accident.
   
病人说这是一桩工作事故。
A: Yes. It was my fault. I accidentally backed a truck into him.
   
是的。都是我的错,我倒车时无意中撞到了他。
B: He must be mad at you.
   
他一定生你的气。
A: He is. But we’re friends. I’ll buy him a beer and he’ll forgive
me.
   
是的。不过我们是朋友。我请他喝杯啤酒,他就会原谅我。
B: I hope so. You’ll have to ask the doctor for more details about
his condition.
   
希望如此。要更多地了解他的病情,你得去问医生。
A: I’ll do that. Thanks a lot.
   
我会的。多谢。
B: Don’t mention it.
   
不用谢。

Dialogue2:
     A: This is

pretty busy night. this emergency room is packed with people.
   
这真是个颇为忙碌的夜晚,这间急诊室里挤满了人。
B: It’s Saturday night. People having fun aren’t very careful some
get hurt.
   
这是长时期六晚上,寻欢作乐的人们通常不那么小心。有些人就受伤了。
A: Hey, look at that guy over there on the stretcher. What happened to
him?
   
嗨,你看那边躺在担架床上的那个家伙。他出了什么事?
B: The one with the bloody face?
   
血流满面的那一位?
A: Yeah. That guy. He’s a real mess.
   
没错。就是那家伙,他可真是弄得一团糟。
B: A police officer told me that he lost a fight.
   
一位警察告诉,他打架打输了。
A: I hate to be the winner of the fight.
   
打赢他的那个家伙也真可恶。
B: The cops are looking for him right now. I think.
   
我想警察现在正在找他呢?
A: What are we waiting for anyway?
   
我们究竟在等什么呢?
B: We’re waiting for the nurse to finish some paperwork on the
patient we just brought in.
   
我们在等护士帮我们刚送进来的那个病人办好一些手续。
A: She’s taking a while. We’ve got to get out of here.
   
护士要弄上好一会,我们得离开这里。
B: She should be done soon. Maybe something pulled her away.
   
她应该很快就弄完了。也许什么事情使她抽不开身。
A: I hope not. I’m going to go see what the delay is.
   
希望没有吧。我想去看看是什么事担搁了。
B: Get me some coffee on your way. Alright?
   
在路上给我买杯咖啡,好吗?
A: Sure. I’ll be back in a second.
   
好的。我很快就回来。
B: I’ll just be right here waiting.
   
我就在这里等你。

Dialogue3:
A: Isn’t the guy in room4 a little familiar?
   
住在四号房的家伙是不是有点面熟?
B: That’s Mr. Jones. He keeps showing up with that foot infection.
   
那是琼斯先生。他老是来看那个足部感染的病。
A: He’s fine every time he leaves. Then he’s back a month later.  
Don’t get it.
   
他每次出院时,他的病都好了,但一个月后他又回来了。我弄不明白是怎么
回事。
B: He’s a patient at Oak Valley Nursing Home.
   
他是橡谷疗养院的一个病人。
A: That place is awful. They keep sending him here because they can’t
seem to take care of him.
   
那地方糟透了。他们老是把他送到这里来。因为他们好像没法照料他。
B: We’ve complained to them before about their level of care.
   
我曾就他们的护理水平向他们投诉过。
A: Have you complained to the city before?
   
你以前向市正当局投诉过吗?
B: No. just to the nursing home.
   
没有。只是向那疗养院投诉。
A: This time I want to make a complaint to the city. This needs to
stop.
   
这一次我想向市正当局投诉。这种情况不能再继续下去了。
B: I agree. Mr. Jones’ foot is almost rotting off.
   
我同意。琼斯先生的脚都快烂掉了。
A: That’s just intolerable. After I go see him. Get me the paperwork
to make a complaint.
   
那简直是不能容忍的。我给他看完病后你帮我准备好一些投诉的书面材料。
B: Yes. Doctor. Anything else?
   
好的。医生,还有别的事吗?
A;  Do we have any coffee left in the break room?
   
我们休息室里还有咖啡吗?
B: No. I think we’re out.
   
没有了。我想我们喝完了。
A: Could you get somebody to make some more?
   
你能叫人再冲点吗?
B: No problem.
   
没问题。
A:  thanks. I’m going to see Mr. Jones now. Room4,right?
   
谢谢。我现在要去看琼斯先生了。四号房,对吗?
B: That’s correct.
  
没错。

Dialogue 4
A: oh hi doctor. Do you have any news?
嗨,你好,医生,有什么消息吗?
B: yes . I have some good news. Your mother is now in stable
condition.
是的。我有好消息。你的母亲目前情况稳定。
A: well . that is good to hear. I was so worried about her earlier.
听到这个消息真是太好了。在这之前,我非常担心她。
B: she was having an irregular heartbeat and that is been causing some
problems.
她有点心律失调,而这又引起了其它一些问题。
A:  will that require any special treatment?
那需要什么特别的治疗吗?
B: no. not right now. I will prescribe her some medicine to control
her heartbeat. That is all.
不需要,目前还不需要。我会给她开些药来控制她的心跳,仅此而已。
A: what about in the future?那将来怎么办?
B: it is hard to say. If she takes her medication eats right and
exercises . she should be okay. But we may have to do more in the
future.
难说,如果她按时服药,饮食得当,常做运动,她应该会没事。但将来我们可能
得做进一步的治疗。
A: like what?例如是什么样的治疗?
B: perhaps heart surgery or pacemaker. Its impossible to say right
now. I wouldn’t worry at this point.
也许要做心脏手术或安装起搏器。现在还不可能说清楚。这一点我倒不担心。
A: how long will she be in the hospital?
她在要医院里呆多久?
B: we should keep her here for observation for another two days. I
think
我认为我们应该让她再留院观察两天。.
A: then she can go home?
然后她就可以回家了吗?

B: yes. Then she can go  home.
是的。之后她就可以回家了。

Dialogue5:
A: Dad, how are you doing?
   
爸爸。你觉得怎么样?
B: I’m doing better. What’s that in the bag?
   
我觉得好点了。包里是什么?
A: I just brought a few of your things from home. Some books and
clothes.
   
我刚从家里带来几样你的东西。一些书和衣服。
B: That’s nice. I’m getting bored just watching TV in here.
   
太好了,在这里只有电视看,我开始觉得闷了。
A: That was a pretty hard fall you took
   
你这一跤摔得可真不轻。
B: The doctor said  I’ll need to use a cane after this. It could be
worse. I guess.
   
医生说以后我需要用拐杖走路,我猜可能还要糟糕。
A: . you’re getting older. You’ve got be more careful.
   
你岁数渐渐大了,你得更加小心才是。
B: I know, I know. Where’s your mother?
   
我知道,我知道,你母亲在哪里?
A: She’ll be here in a little bit. She’s downstairs giving the
doctor some information.
   
她一会儿就到这里,她在楼下向医生提供一资料。
B: it’s good thing my company has got a good medical insurance plan.
   
幸好我们公司有一个很好的医疗保险计划。
A: I know. You’re lucky. How long do you have to be here?
   
我知道,你很幸运。你得在这里住多久。
B: Maybe another week. After that, I’ve got to come back for physical
therapy visits.
   
也午还要再呆一个星期吧。之后我还得回来做物理治疗。
A: I see. That doesn’t sound like fun. Is there anything I can do to
help?
   
我明白了,那看来是挺麻烦的。有什么我能帮上忙的吗?
B: No. I’ll be fine. I just hope your mother isn’t too worried.
   
不用了。我会好起来的。我只希望你妈妈不会太担心。
A: She always worries.
   
她一直都在担心你。
B: I know. That’s why I love her.
   
好,我知道。那就是我爱她的原因。

新英语900句第46课情景对话

Dialogue1:
A: Excuse me. Are you in this line?
   
对不起,你是站这一排的吗?
B: Yes. I’m sorry. I wasn’t paying attention.
   
是的。抱歉,我走神了。
A: I can understand. It’s not very exciting to wait in line at the
post office.
   
可以理解。在邮局里排队可不是件令人兴奋的事情。
B: Especially at lunchtime. Everyone comes here because it’s the only
free time they have during the day.
   
尤其是在午餐时间。人人都在这个时候来这里。因为这是大家一天中唯一空
间的时间。
A: I know. I’ve got to mail this stuff for my boss, so I don’t mind
the wait. I’m just getting paid to wait.
   
我明白。我得帮我的老板寄这件东西。所以我不介意等候。因为人家付我薪
水来排队。
B: Not me. I have one hour for lunch. I don’t want to spend it here.
   
我可不是这样。我只有一小时吃午餐。我可不想全花在这里。
A: What are you mailing. If I can ask?
   
我可以问你要寄什么吗?
B: It’s just a letter to my mother. She lives in New York.
   
只是寄封信给我妈。她信在纽约。
A: I’ve got to mail one of these letters to Japan.
   
我得将这些信中其中一封寄到日本去。
B: Wow. That’s got to be expensive. Are you air-mailing it?
   
哇。那一定很贵吧。你是寄航空信吗?
A: We have to. It’s got to be in Tokyo by next week.
   
我必须这样做。因为这封信下星期前必须寄到东京。
B: Hey. Look. The line’s getting shorter.
   
嗨,看,人龙短了一些了。
A: If I were you. I’d bring my lunch here and eat in line.
   
换了我,我会将午餐带来这里,边吃边排队。
B: I think I’ll do that next time.
   
我想下次我会这样做的。
A: Look, it’s your turn at the counter.
   
看。轮到你了。
B: It was nice talking to you.
   
很高兴和你聊天。

Dialogue2
A: can I help you?
能为你效劳吗?
B: yes. I need to have this package air-mailed
好的。我要航空邮寄这件包裹。
A: yes , you can. Let me weigh it first.
可以。先让我称一下它的重量。
B: how much does it weigh?
它有多重?
A: four and a half kilograms .where are you mailing this ?
4.5
公斤。你要寄到哪里去尼?
B: los Angeles, California .how much is it going to cost ?
寄到加州的洛棚矶。要花多少钱?
A: let me see. The total for air mail will be $12.43
让我看看。航空邮寄的总价格是12 4美元3美分。
B: will it get there in two days?
两天内能寄到吗?
A: maybe .maybe not. it will get there in less than 4 days.
也许能,也许不能。但包裹会在四天内到达。
B: but you can’t guarantee it will arrive in 2 days?
就是说你们不能保证它能在两天内寄到。
A: no. you can pay for overnight mail service. Though.
不能。不过。你可以使用二十四小时速递服务。
B:  fine .how much will that be?
好的。那要花多少钱?
A:  overnight mail service would cost $23.00
二十四小时速递服务将花23美元。
B: that should be good.
那挺好的。
A: okay, sign here.
好吧。在这里签名。填表
B: thanks. Have a nice day.
谢谢。祝你有愉快的一天。

Dialogue3:
A: Hello. Can I speak to a supervisor here?
   
你好。我可以和主管谈谈吗?
B: I’m a supervisor. What can I do for you?
   
我就是主管。有什么能为你做的吗?
A: I’ve been expecting a package that should have been here two weeks
ago.
   
我一直在等一个包裹。这包裹两星期前应该寄到这里来了。
B: What’s your name and address. Sir?
   
你的名字和地址是什么?先生?
A: Robert Jeffries. 610 Pendleton St. Greenville, SC.
   
罗伯特.杰弗里斯。南卡罗来纳州格林威尔盘德里顿街610号。
B: Well. Mr. Jeffries. There is no package here with your name on it.
   
可是。杰弗里斯先生。这里没有写着你名字的包裹。
A: No. that’s impossible. It should be here.
   
不会的。那不可能。它应该寄到了。
B: Is this certified mail?
   
是用带回执的邮寄方式寄的吗?
A: Yes. Do you want the tracking confirmation number?
   
是的。你需要跟踪确认号码吗?
B: That would be helpful.
   
那会有帮助。
A That number is 450147.
   号码是
450147
B: Let me look that up on our computer. Yes, it seem you’re right.
That package should be here.
   让我在电脑上查找一下。是的。看起来你是对的。那个包裹应该在这里。

A: Good. But where is it now?
   
很好。可是它现在在哪里呢?
B: I’m looking that up. It seems that it was last at our Memphis
office.
   
我正在查。似乎最后它是到了我们的美姆菲斯分局。
A: Where is it now?
   
现在它在哪呢?
B: I’m going to have to make an inquiry. I’ll call you sometime
tomorrow with more information.
   
我将得去查询一下。明天某个时间我会给你电话。告诉你更多的情况。
A: Great. My office number is 345-9872. call me anytime during the day
tomorrow. I’m not happy about this.
   
好极了。我的办公室电话是345-9872。明天可以随时给我电话。我对这件事
感到很不高兴。
B: I’m very sorry. I’ll call you as soon as I know something.
   
对不起,我一了解到情况就给你电话。

Dialogue 4:
A: These are some interesting stamps here.
   
这有一些有趣的邮票。
B: Let me see. Oh. Yeah. They have cartoon stamps now.
   
让我看看。噢,真的。他们现在发行卡通邮票了。
A: I suppose it’s an attempt to make the government seem friendlier.
   
我猜这是政府亲民的一种尝试。
B: Do you want to get some of those stamps?
   
你想买一些这些邮票吗?
A: I guess so. They could make our envelopes look more interesting.
   
是的。它们能够使我们的信封看起来更有趣。
B: They’re at least better than the flower stamps we have at home.
   
它们至少比我们家里的鲜花邮票好。
A: That’s true. A book of stamps is S25. I suppose we could use them.
   
那倒是真的。一本邮票25美元。我想我们能买一本。
B: By the way. Did you remember to get the mail holding forms?
  
另外。你记得拿邮件保留申请表了吗?
A: I forgot. We’ll need them to hold our mail. When we go on
vacation.
   
我忘了。我们去度假时需要将邮件保留在邮局。
B: Here I’ve got one. Let’s just fill it out here.
   
我这里有一张。让我们就在这里把它填好。
A: I thought you were in a hurry to go to the grocery store.
   
我以为你要赶着去杂货店。
B: I am. But if we don’t fill this out here, we’ll never get back to
it.
   
我是打算这样的。但是如果我们不在这里将这张表填好,我们将再也没时间
回过头来填了。
A: Good point. Do you need a pen?
   
说得对。你需要钢笔吗?
B: No. there’s one right here.
   
不用。这里有一支。
A: I’ll buy these stamps while you’re filling that out.
   
你填表,我去将这些邮票买下来。
B: Okay. Just meet me here when you’re done.
   
好的。你买好了邮票就来这里找我。

Dialogue 5:
A: I wonder why the government uses the post office for passport
services.
   
我不明白为什么政府要通过邮局来进行办理护照的服务。
B: I don’t know. I think it’s because it’s one of  the most common
government offices.
   
我也不知道。我想是因为邮局是最普通的政府机构之一吧。
A: That’s true. Is your application form all filled out?
   
那倒是真的。你的申请表填好了吗?
B: I think so. That is an ugly picture of me. Though.
   
我想是的。不过。这张照片上的我很难看。
A: Let me see. Yes. That is a pretty bad picture. Mine is just as bad.
Though.
   
让我看看。真的。这真是张很差的照片。不过,我的照片也一样糟。
B: All passport pictures look bad. I look dead in mine.
   
所有护照上的照片都不好看。我护照上的照片看起来就没有一点生气
A: I wish we didn’t have to wait in line.
      
希望我们不用排队等候。
B: I know. We should just be able to drop this stuff off and go.
   
我明白。我们应该可以将这张表投进邮简就走的。
A: It’s probably good that they look it over and see if there are any
problems.
   
让邮局的人审阅一下这张表,看看有什么问题,也许会好一些。
B: I guess so. It’s just so boring standing in line.
   
我想也是。不过排队是件挺无聊的事情。
A: You should be excited. We’re getting out first passports. It’s
first step towards becoming world travelers.
   
你应该感到兴奋才对。我们快要拿到我们的第一本护照了。这是成为一名环
流世界的旅行家的第一步。
B: I know. Hey. Did you remember to bring your S65?
   
我知道。嗨。你记得带上65美元了吗?
A: For the application fee? Yeah, I’ve got it right here.
   
付申请表的钱?记得。我放在这里。
B: Hey, look. That postal worker is available. Go ahead. It’s your
turn.
   
嗨,看,那位邮局职员有空了。快去,办到你了。
A: Great. This is the first real step. Europe. Here I come.
好极了。这是我真正迈出的第一步。欧洲,我来了。

新英语900句第47课情景对话

Dialogue 1
A: hello. Is this the right place to open up an account?
   
你好。是在这里开户吗?
B: yes it is . what can I do for you?
   
是的。有什么我可以为你效劳的吗?
A: I just moved here and I need to start a bank account.
   
我刚搬来这里。需要开一个银行帐户。
B: well .you have come to the right place. Will this be a checking or
savings account?
   
好的。你找对了地方了。你要开设的是支票帐户还是储蓄帐户?
A: I think I could use both.. what are the monthly charges?
   
我想使用两种帐户。每月的费用是多少?
B: a savings account is free. A checking account is S 5 a month.
   
储蓄帐户是免费的。支票帐户每月收费5美元。
A: that is not too bad. .is there a minimum amount required to open?
   
那倒不错。开设帐户有最低存款限额吗?
B: you need S100 dollars to open up a checking account.
   
开设一个支票帐户至少要存入100美元。
A: that is fine. Do you have internet banking?
   
好的。你们有网上银行服务吗?
B: yes. We do. I can give you a brochure with that information.
   
有的。我可以给你一本介绍有关情况的小册子。
A: good . That would be useful.
     
很好。那将会有用。
B: are there any other questions you have?
   
你还有别的问题吗?
A: no. everything sounds fine.
   
没有了。一切听起来都没问题。
B: then just fill out these forms and we can start your account.
   
那么将这些表填好。我们就可以开通你的帐户。
A: I will take a seat over here. I will be done in a few minutes.
   
我到那边去坐。几分钟就填好了。
B: take your time. Just let me know when you have done
    不用急。填好后通知我就行了。

Dialogue 2:
A: I have a problem with my account.
   
我的帐户有问题。
B: I hope I can be of help to you.
   
希望我能帮得上忙。
A: My balance is supposed to be S145. but I can’t get any money.
   
我帐户的余额应该是145美元。但我却取不到钱。
B: I don’t think I understand.
   
我想我不大明白你说的话。
A: whenever I try to use the ATM machine I’m told that I have
insufficient funds.
   
每当我使用自动柜员机取钱,它都显示我的余额不足。
B: Let me see what your balance is on our computer. It’s negative
balance .S63.45
   
让我在我们的电脑看看你的余额是多少。余额是负63.45美元
A: How is that possible?
   
那怎么可能呢?
B: It seems that you wrote a check without money in the bank. The
check was for S34.23
   
你好像开出了一张空头支票。支票的面额是34.23美元。
A: Yes. That was for two CDS last week.
   
没错。那是上星期买两张唱片的付款。
B: Then the back charged you a S20 fee for overdrawing your account.
   
银行就因为你在帐户上透支,收了你20美元的费用。
A: Oh, that’s awful. I have no money.
   
噢,那太糟。我一点钱都没有了。
B: Have you written any other checks more recently?
   
你了近有开出过别的支票吗?
A: Yes. I’ve written two more this week.
   
有,这个星期我又开出了两张。
B: Those will cause additional penalties when they come in.
   
当这些支票寄到银行,银行会收取这追加的罚款。
A: What can I do? I don’t want to lose any more money.
   
我该怎么办?我可不想损失更多的钱。
B: Perhaps you can talk to our manager.
   
也许你可以跟我们的经理谈一谈。
A: Yes, please get your manager.
   
好的。请叫你们的经理来。
B: Wait here just one second. Sir.
   
在这里等一会。先生。

Dialogue 3:
A: Do you recognize this bank. Kevin?
   
凯文,你认得这间银行吗?
B: Not really. This is just an ordinary bank.
   
不大认得。这只不过是间普通的银行。
A: No. something looks very familiar about this bank.
   
不,这间银行的某些东西看起来很面熟。
B: I always bank here. I don’t know what you’re talking about.
   
我一直都在跟这间银行打交道。我不知道你在说什么。
A: I remember. This is the bank that was robbed last month. I saw it
on the news.
   
我记起来了。这就是上个月被打劫的那间银行。我在报纸上见过它。
B: Are you sure? Actually. It was closed for two days last month. I
guess that was the reason.
   
你肯定吗?上个月它的确停业了两天。我猜这就是停业的原因。
A: Two guys came in here with masks and pistols. They got most of the
cash from the vault.
   
两个家伙冲进这里,他们戴着面具,拿着枪。把这里保险库的大部分现金都
劫走了。
B: I wonder why they picked this bank.
   
我不明白他们为什么挑这间银行。
A: It’s because it’s so close to the highway. It was easy for them
to escape.
   
那是因为它离高速公路很近。他们容易逃跑。
B: That sounds pretty exciting.
   
这件事听起来挺刺激的。
A: It’s pretty stupid too. I’ve read that robbing banks is a stupid
crime to commit.
   
也挺愚蠢的。报纸说抢劫银行是一种很愚蠢的
B: They got a lot of money. They may be bad. But why it is stupid?
   
他们抢了很多钱。那不是件好事。但为什么说它愚蠢呢?
A: It’s pretty easy to catch bank robbers. Most of the money can be
traced. Banks have cameras that record the crime.
   
要将银行犯抢劫抓到是很容易的。大部分的钱都可以追踪到。银行有摄像机
。可以将犯罪行为记录下来。
B: I see what you mean. I’m glad I’m a chef . and not a bank robber.
   
我明白你的意思。幸好我是个厨师。而不是个银行劫匪。

Dialogue 4:
A: Hi, how are you doing?
   
嗨,你好吗?
B: I’m doing okay. Is there something I can help you with today?
   
我挺好的。今天有什么事情我可以为你效劳吗?
A: Yes. I don’t think my ATM card works anymore.
   
是的。我想我的自动提款卡坏了。
B: Do you have it with you?
   
你身上带着它吗?
A: Yes. Here it is.
   
是的。给你。
B: Oh, look at this. The magnetic stripe is pretty worn. It probably
can’t be read by the computer.
   
噢,看这里。它的磁条刮损相当严重。也许电脑无法识别它。
A: Really? I guess need to get a new one.
   
真的?我想我需要换张新卡了。
B: That’s no problem. Just fill out this little form.
   
那没问题。只需填好这张小表格。
A: How much does a new ATM card cost?
   
一张新的自动提款卡要花多少钱?
B: It’s just five dollars.
   
只要五美元。
A: And when will I get it?
   
那我什么时候可能拿得到它?
B: You should get your new card in the mail in about a week.
   
一星期内你就应该可以收到邮寄去的新卡。
A: Will I have to change my ATM password?
   
我必须要改变我的自动提款卡的密码吗?
B: No. That would only be necessary if your ATM card was lost.
   
不用。只有当你的自动提款卡遗失了。你才有必要这么做。
A: Okay. Here’s the form. Is that all?
   
好的。这是表格。这样就行了吗?
B: Yes. The S5 will be charged to your account. Have a nice day.
   
行了。五美的费用会在你的帐户上扣。祝你有愉快的一天。

Dialogue 5:
A: Is there something I can help you with. Sir?
   
先生,有什么事我可以帮你吗?
B: I just want to close out my account.
   
我只是想注销我的帐户。
A: We can do that for you. Is there a problem with our service?
   
我们可以为你注销帐户。是我们的服务有问题吗?
B: Actually. Yes. There is. I’m tired of doing business with this
bank.
   
的确有问题。我已厌倦跟这间银行打交道了。
A: I’m sorry to hear that. Could you say what the problem has been?
   
听你这样说我感到很遗憾。你能说说问题是什么吗?
B: A lot of thing. For example. More than once this bank’s computer
has made a mistake with my account. When I tried to clear up the
problem your employees have always blamed me. Not the computer. I’m
tired of it.
   
有很多问题。例如。不止一次,银行的电脑弄错了我的帐户。当我设法将问
题澄清时。你们的职员总是责怪我而不责怪你们的电脑。我对这感到厌烦了。
A: Oh, I don’t like to hear that.
   
听你这样说,我也觉得很不愉快。
B: I’m sorry. I’ve made up my mind. I don’t want to talk about it.
   
对不起,我已经下定决心了。我不想再谈这事了。
A: I see. Our records show that you have a current balance of S560.43
   
我明白。我们的记录显示你目前的余额是560.43美元。
B: I’d just like a check for that amount. Please.
   
请将这一金额开张支票给我。
A: We recommend that you leave some funds in your account for a few
weeks until you’ve completely switched to a new bank.
   
我们建议你在你的帐户上保留一定的余款几个星期。直到你完全转入一间新
银行为止。
B: That won’t be necessary. I’d like the full amount now . please.
   
那没必要。我现在就想全额支取。
B: As you wish. Just sign here. Thank you very much.
   
随便你吧。在这签名就行了。非常感谢。
A: Is that it?
   
就是样了吗?
B: Yes, sir. Here is your check. I’m sorry to see you go. Have a nice
day.
   
是的。先生。这是你的支票。很遗憾你离开我们银行。祝你有愉快的一天。
A: Thank you. Good bye.
   
谢谢。再见。

新英语900句第48课情景对话

Dialogue 1:
A: This soup is incredible! Have you tried it yet?
   
这汤美味极了。你以前尝过吗?
B: I did the last time I was here with my husband.
   
上次跟我丈夫来这里时尝过。
A: You’ve been here before. Why didn’t you tell me?
   
你以前来过这里。为什么你没有告诉我呢?
B: I though I had. I come here often. The chef here is very famous. I
think.
   
我以为我告诉过你了。我经常来这里吃饭。我想这里的大厨非常名出。
A: Really? Who is it?
   
真的吗?他是谁?
B: I can’t remember his name. it’s an Italian name. I’ve been trying all night to remember.
   
我记不起他的名字了。这是一个意大利名字。我曾试着花一个晚上来记它。
A: Oh, wait. I think I read something about him in the paper last
week.
   
噢,等等。我想上星期我在报纸上读到过关于他的文章。
B: Yes. That’s the one. I still have the newspaper article at home.
   
没错。就是他。我的家里仍有报纸上的那篇篇章。
A: I read that he used to work for a restaurant in new York.
   
我在文章上知道他以前在纽约的一家餐馆工作。
B: Why did he come out here?
   
那为什么他会到这里来呢?
A: He has a family. He thinks New York City isn’t good for a family.
   
他有家室了。他认为纽约市对家庭不大适宜。
B: Is that what the article said?
   
文章里是这么说的吗?
A: Yes. I thought that part about his family was interesting.
   
是的。我认为文章中关于他家庭的那部分很有趣。
B: Have you had the steamed duck here?
   
你尝过这里的蒸鸭吗?
A: No. I was trying to decide what to order. Is that good?
   
没有。我正考虑点什么菜。那道菜好吗?
B: Yes. I definitely recommend it.
   
好。我极力向你推荐。
A: If you insist. Then that’s what I’ll order. What are you having?
   
如果你说得这么肯定,那么我就点那道菜吧。你要吃什么?
B: I’m going to have the steak. You won’t regret it?
   
我要吃牛排。点那道菜你不会后悔的。

Dialogue 2:
A: I don’t think we should tip our waiter.
   
我认为我们不应给我们侍者的小费。
B: That’s pretty harsh. Why not?
   
那样做会显得很苛刻。为什么不给呢?
A: Our orders were both late. He seems bored to be here.
   
我们俩点的菜都上迟了。他看起来在这里很不耐烦。
B: That’s true. I had noticed that he doesn’t have a very good
attitude.
   
那倒是真的。我也注意到他的态度不很好。
A: I wouldn’t mind all that. But he also almost dumped my food in my
lap.
   
这些我倒不介意。但他几乎把我的菜倒在我的大腿上。
B: I hate to not tip. Though. I was a waiter in college. It’s not an
easy job.
   
不过我讨厌不付小费。读大学时我也做过侍者。这不是件容易做的工作。
A: Were you a bad waiter in college?
   
你读大学时是个差劲的侍者吗?
B: Some nights I was bad. If I had something else on my mind like
exams.
   
有时晚上我挺差劲的。要是我脑袋里想着别的事情的话。比如考试什么的。
A: Did you get tipped on those nights?
   
那些夜晚人们会付你小费吗?
B: I don’t remember. I don’t think most people tipped me very well
anyways.
   
我记不得了。反正我觉得大多数人给我的小费都不多。
A: That’s too bad. Maybe we should tip this guy after all.
   
那太糟了。也许我们还是应该付小费给这个家伙。
B: I just leave a dollar or two. Maybe he’s just having a bad night.
   
我就给他一两美元好了。也许今晚他的日子正不好过。
A: You’re too nice. I guess that’s why I like you.
   
你太好人了。我想这就是我喜欢你的原因。
B: Look at it this way. If we don’t tip him now. he may give even
worse service in the future.
   
可以这样的角度看。要是我们现在不付他的小费,以后他提供的服务可能会
更糟糕。
A: That’s true. But if he does give bad service again. We should
complain to his boss.
   
那倒是真的。不过,要是他的服务还是这么差。我们应该向他的老板投诉。
B: That seems fair. We’ll tip a little bit and see how he is next
time.
   
那看来很公平。好吧。我们付给他一点小费。看他下次表现如何。

Dialogue 3
A: how long have we been waiting here?
   
我们已经在这等了多久啦?
B: I think it’s been about 30minutes. But this is a Friday night.
   
我想大概30分钟了吧。要知道今天是星期五晚上。
A: we should have gotten reservations.
   
我们本应预定座位的。
B: look. They just called number 81. we are 84. we won’t have to wait
for too much longer.
   
看,他们刚叫到了81号。我们是84号。我们不必等很久了。
A: that is true. I just wish we could sit down somewhere.
   
说得对。我只是希望能有个地方坐下来。
B: I do too. But the wait will make us appreciate our meal even more.
   
我也这样想。不过等待会使我们更珍惜我们这顿饭。
A: I don’t see how you are always so positive. I need to try harder
to be that way.
   
我不明白你总是这么积极。我需要更努力地向你学习。
B: it does make life easier Look at this menu that will make the time
go by faster.
   
这样子确实会使生活更好过些。看看这本菜单。这样做时间会过得快些。
A: yes. But the food looks so good. That is also makes me hungrier.
   
没错。不过菜看起来这么诱人。使我的肚子更饿了。
B: the food is good. That is for sure.  I have been here a few times
before
   
这里的菜很棒。那是肯定的。我以前在这吃过好几次了。
A: I can smell the food in the kitchen. I sure hope we will get in
soon.
   
我可以闻到厨房里食物的香味。我真的希望我们很快就可以进去。
B: did you hear that? They just called numbers 82 and 83 that means we
are next.
   
你听到了吗?他们正叫82和83号。那么说下一个就是我们了。
A: good . finally . we  can get something to eat.
   
太好了。我们终于可以弄点东西吃了。
  
Dialogue 4:
A: Did you see the group at table 8?
   
你看见8号台的那帮人吗?
B: Do you mean the loud business group? Yeah, I saw them. Why?
   
你是说那帮吵吵闹闹的生意人?是的。我看见他们了。有什么事吗?
A: The big guy with the moustache and glasses is the worst customer I
have had in a while. I hate him.
   
那位留着小胡子,戴着眼镜的大块头是我这阵子服务过的最差的顾客。我讨
厌他。
B: Why you seem pretty upset. What did he do?
   
为什么呢?你看起来很不开心。他做过什么了?
A: He’s a pig and a complainer. He insults me to amuse his friends.
Then he finds little things wrong with the food and blames me.
   
他既贪吃又爱抱怨。为了逗他的朋友开心,他竟然污辱我。他还挑出食物中
一些鸡毛蒜皮的毛病责骂我。
B: Wow. He sounds pretty awful
   
哇,听起来他真是坏透了。
A: They just ordered more beers. So they’re going to stay for a
while.
   
他们刚刚又点了些啤酒。所以他们还要呆一段时间。
B: That’s really too bad. Do you need any help?
   
那确实是太糟了。你需要帮忙吗?
A: No I’ve got it under control.
   
不用。我已经把局面控制了。
B: After the beers. They’re just going to be more obnoxious.
   
喝完啤酒后,他们会变得更加令人讨厌。
A: I know. But I can deal with it. They might leave a big tip.
   
我明白。不过我能应付。他们有可能会给一笔可观的小费。
B: It’s your decision. At least you’ll be making some money tonight.
   
这是你的决定。至少你今晚还会赚点钱。
A: Why do you say that? Are you having a bad night?
   
你为什么说这话呢?你今晚的收获很差吗?
B: Things are pretty slow in my section tonight. Just bad luck.
   
我负责的那一块今晚生意很淡。运气真是不好。
A: I just had a new couple sit at table 9. Do you want them?
    9
号台刚刚来了一对新婚夫妇。你要不要?
B: Sure. That’s be great.
   
当然想。那真是太好了。
A: No problem. I’ve got my hands full with table 8 anyway.
   
没问题。反正我伺候8号已经是忙得不可开交了。

Dialogue 5:
A: This chicken is really good. I’m glad you chose this place.
   
这道鸡肉的确好吃。我很高兴你选了这个地方。
B: I know. I haven’t had chicken like this since I want a child.
   
我知道。自长大以后,我从没吃过像这样的鸡肉。
A: I’ve never had fried chicken this good before.
   
我以前从没吃过这么好吃的炸鸡。
B: I did when I was little. My grandmother was very good at cooking
Southern food.
   
我很小的时候吃过,我的祖母非常擅长煮南方菜。
A: Is that where friend chicken is from? The south?
   
炸鸡是从那里传来的吗?是南方吗?
B: Yes, it is. In fact this restaurant specializes in traditional
Southern food.
   
是的。实际上,这间餐馆是专营传统的南方菜的。
A: I noticed that. There are lots of mashed potatoes, green beans and
iced tea here.
   
我留意到这一点了。这里有许多土豆泥,绿豆子和冰茶。
B: The funny thing is that the head chef is from Ohio, no where near
the south.
     
有趣的是这里的主厨,来自远离南方的俄亥俄州。
A: This kind of food isn’t really good for you though.
   
不过,这类食物实际上对你可不大好。
B: It’s certainly not. That’s true. Every so often though. It doesn
’t hurt to indulge yourself. For me it also brings back good
childhood memories.
   
的确不好。你说得对。不过,偶尔放纵自己大吃一顿也没什么坏处。对我来
说,这种食物还会勾起我对童年的美好回忆。
A: You should go home more often and get this kind of cooking. Then. I
do. But my grandmother has gotten too old to cook as much as she used
to
   
那你应该多点回家。那样你就可以吃上这种食物了。我是经常回家。可是我
的租母已经年幻大了,不能像以前那样煮这么多东西了。
B: I can understand that. Maybe you should bring her here and see what
she thinks.
   
我明白了。也许你应该把她老人家带来这里来。看看她有什么想法。
A: I plan to. But I’m worried that the food is so good it will make
her jealous.
   
我计划这样做。但我担心这里的菜太好吃,会使我的祖弱妒忌的。
B: That’s a good point. You wouldn’t want to upset her.
   
那倒是有道理。你不想让她不开心。
B: I’ll just tell her that her cooking is even better that this. It’
s certainly not worse.
   
我就告诉她她煮的菜比这里的还好吃。说真的。她煮的菜也不比这里的差。

新英语900句第49课情景对话

Dialogue 1:

A: Hi there Millie. How are you doing today.

    你好,米尔德里德。你今天过得怎样?

B: I’m doing fine. Bard.Just fine.

    我挺好的。巴巴拉。挺不错的。

A: You just want the usual?

    还是像平时那样理吗?

B: Yes, if you don’t mind. I think I just need a trim.

    是的。如果你不介意的话。我想只需稍稍修剪一下。

A: I see, I see. And would you like a quick shampoo and rinse?

    我知道。我知道。你要快速洗个头吗?

B: Yes, please. That would be fine.

    好吧。那挺好的。

A: Any curling?

    要弄卷发吗?

B: Don’t always get it curled?

    我不是一直都弄卷发的吗?

A: I was just making sure. You can never be too careful with a customer’s hair.

    我只是想确定一下。对于顾客头发的处理,我们可是越小心越好啊。

B: That’s nice to hear. That’s why I come here.

    这句话倒中听。这就是我为什么光顾你们这里的原因。

A: Just sit right down and we’ll get started.

    坐下来吧。我们开始了。

B: I was worried I was early for my appointment.

   我原来挺担心的。因为我比预约时间来早了。

A: Yes. But my earlier customer had to cancel. So it’s okay.

    没错。不过,我的前一位顾客取消了预约。所以没问题。

B: Well, that worked out good.

    想不到事情挺顺利的。

A: Yes, it did. I’m always happy to see you in my chair.

    的确如此。看见你坐在我的椅子上我总是感到高兴。

B: Oh, stop it. You’re just being nice.

    噢,别贫嘴了。你只是在说好话而已。

A: No. I’m not. You’re always fun when you’re in here.

    不,我说的是真心话。每次你来这里,都带来不少欢乐。

B: All I ask is that you keep cutting hair like you do and I’ll be happy.

    我的要求很简单。像往常一样给我理发,那我就很开心了。

Dialogue 2:

A: Hi there, Steve. What can I do for you?

     你好,史蒂夫。有什么能为你效劳吗?

B: Just a little trim on the top and shave it close on the sides.

   稍微修剪一下头顶的头发。然后两边修服贴一点。

A: Oh. You are getting it a little shorter than usual.

   噢,你要把头发剪得比以往稍稍短一些。

B: Well , you know its getting hotter out short hair helps keep me cool.

   是啊。你知道外面天气热起来了。短发使我觉得凉快些。

A: You said that right. I can’t believe how hot it is out even today. In April !

   你说得对。我想不到今天外面天气这么热。现在才是四月份啊。

B: I know. I came out of the office and I thought it was August.

   我知道。我从办公室出来时我还以为现在是八月份呢。

A: I hear its going to be a long summer.

   我听说今年将会有一个漫长的夏季。

B: Is that what the weatherman says?

   这是那位天气预报员说的吗?

A: Yes. Sir. He comes in here every other Tuesday to get a trim. that is what he told me.

   是的。每隔一周的星期二他就来这里理次发。那是他告诉我的。

B: I see. You’ve got your own little weather service.

   我明白了。你还有自己的小小天气预报呢。

A: That is right. A lot of customers tell me good stuff.

   说得对。许多顾客告诉我有用的信息。

B: Is that so ? what do I tell you. Then ?

   是这样吗?那我告诉你什么了?

A: Steve ,you got some good thoughts on baseball.

   史蒂夫,你对棒球有一些很好的见解。

B: Really? I suppose that is something useful.

   真的吗?我想那些东西还是有点用吧。

A: It sure is . baseball season is here again.

   当然有用。棒球的球季很快又到了。

B: I’m glad to be of service . speaking of which. Did you see the Indians game last night?

   很高兴为你效劳。说起棒球你昨晚看了印第安人队的比赛吗?

 

Dialogue 3:

A: Hey, Pam? Are you busy?

    嗨,帕姆,在忙着吗?

B: No, I am not. You want a haircut?

    没有。要理发吗?

A: Yes, I do. Something new would be nice.

    是的。我想来个新发型。

B: Are you tired of my regular haircuts?

    你对我一贯理的发型厌倦了吗?

A: Not at all. I just want to try something new.

    一点也不。我只是想尝试新的东西。

B: Do you have any suggestions?

    你有什么提议吗?

A: I don’t want anything too different. Just cut it closer in the front.

    我不想要太另类的发型。只是前面要剪短些。

B: Do you want a military haircut?

    你想理个平头吗?

A: No, nothing that serious. Maybe like that guy on the poster on the wall.

    不是。不要剪得那么短。大概像墙上海报上的那个人的发型那样。

B: Let me see. Yeah. That cut might look good on you. Have a seat.

    让我看看。对,你理那种发型可能会好看。请坐。

A: Alright, then. I don’t need a shampoo, by the way.

  那好吧。还有,我不用洗头了。

B: Are you sure your hair is clean?

    你肯定你的头发是干净的吗?

A: I just washed it this morning. I’m in kind of a rush.

    我早上才洗过发。我还要赶时间。

B: So you’re a busy man. Is that it?

    你可是个大忙人啊。对不对?

A: You could say that.

    你说得对。

B: Where have you got to be in such a rush?

    你这么急要赶到哪里去呢?

A: To be honest. I’ve got a date tonight.

    说实话,我今晚有个约会。

B: That’s serious. You are going to need a good haircut.

    那可是件大事啊。你可需要好好理个发。

A: I knew you’d understand. I know I can trust you.

    我就知道你会明白。我知道你靠得住。

B: Don’t worry. I’ll get you looking real good in on time.

    别担心。很快我就会让你容光焕发。

Dialogue 4:

A: Excuse me. Sir. Are you open?

    先生,请问你们在营业吗?

B: Yes, I’m. what can I do for you?

    是的,有什么能为你效劳吗?

A: I just need a quick fix to my hair.

   我需要将头发快速修剪一下。

B: Well, sir right down. I’ll see what I can do.

    好的,请坐。我来看看该怎么做。

A: I got my friend to cut my hair last week. He didn’t do a very good job.

    上星期我让一位朋友给我理发。他理得不是很好。

B: Yeah, I can kind of see that. You just want a trim to fix it up?

    是的。我看得出来。你只需修剪一下来作补救吗?

A: Yes. That would be great. Do you see the uneven patches?

    是的。那真是太好了。你看见一块块剪得不平的地方吗?

B: Yes. I do. They’re pretty bad in the back.

    看到了。后面剪得相当糟糕。

A: Just shave that part pretty close.

    就把后面的头发修整齐服帖一点。

B: What about in the front?

    前面的头发怎么处理?

A: I want it that long. Just make it at little more even.

    我想前面就留这么长。只需将它剪平点就得了。

B: No problem. You want a shave with a razor or anything?

    没问题。你需要修修面或别的什么服务吗?

A: No. A quick trim will do fine.

   不用了。快点理个发就行了。

B: Alright then. Here we go.

    那好吧。我们开始吧。

Dialogue 5:

A: Are you reading that magazine?

    你正在读那本杂志吗?

B: No, I just finished. Here you go.

    不。我刚读完。给我。

A: Have you ever noticed the kind of magazines the hairdresser has?

    你有留意发型屋里那类杂志吗?

B: Yes. They’re normally boring women’s fashion magazines.
      有。它们通常都是无聊的女士时间杂志。

A: I have never understood why.

   我从来都不明白这是为什么。

B: I wish they would have some news magazines or something. These magazines make women look shallow.

    我希望他们有一些新闻杂志或别的什么。这些杂志使妇女们显得很肤浅。

A: Have you ever seen men’s barbershop magazines?

    你曾见过男士理发店里的杂志吗?

B: No. why?

   没有。为什么这样问呢?

A: It’s the same story. They’re either sports or hunting magazines. Typical male images.

   情况一模一样。它们不是体育杂志,就是关于打猎的杂志。典型的男性形象。

B: That’s pretty funny.

    这真是很滑稽。

A: Do you come here often?

    你常来这里吗?

B: Yes, I come here about once a month to get a trim and have my hair curled a little.

   是的。我一个月来这里一次。理个发,将头发卷一卷。

A: I’ve never been here before. A friend recommended this place to me.

    我以前从没来过这里。一位朋友向我推荐了这个地方。

B: This is a good hairdresser. What do you want done?

   这个发型屋挺好的。你的头发要怎样弄?

A: I’m going to get it cut a little in the back and get blond hi-lights in the front.

    我要后面稍微剪短一点。前面染一缕金黄色。

B: Really. That would look good on you. I’ve thought about doing that.

    真的吗?你剪那样的发型肯定好看。我也想过那样做。

A: You should try something new.

    你应该试试新的发型。

B: it seems so unnatural to me

  这种发型在我身上好像很不自然。

A: So what? It’s not as if you’re coloring your hair green or purple. It looks natural.

    那又怎么样?你又不是将头发染成绿色或紫色。这看起来挺自然

B: If you go first. I’ll see how it looks on you. Then I decide.

    你先做吧。我来看看你弄得好不好看。然后我才决定。

A: you’re such a coward.

    你真是个胆小鬼。

A: I know. But I like to be cautious. It’s your turn now. I’ll watch you.

    我知道。不过我喜欢谨慎行事。现在轮到你了。我看着你做。

 

新英语900句第50课情景对话

Dialogue 1:
A: This department is going to be in serious trouble.
   
这个部门将会有大麻烦。
B: Slow down. What are you talking about?
   
慢点说。你在说什么?
A: My client has made some very convincing allegations of police
brutality.
   
我的当事人对警察的暴力行为提出了一些非常有力的指控。
B: This is ridiculous. Your client is a heroin-addicted liar and
thief.
   
那真是荒唐。你的当事人是个吸海洛因成瘾的骗子和窃贼。
A: Where did he get those bruises on his ribs?
   
那他肋部瘀伤是哪里来的?
B: How should I know? He lives on the streets.
   
我怎么知道?他是露宿街头的人。
A: He claims that your officers assaulted him
   
他指挥你们的警官袭击了他。
B: Oh, really? The way they tell it. He bit one office and kicked
another. They had to tackle him to the ground.
   
哦。真的吗?警官说说法是,他咬了一个警官。又用腿踢另一个。他们只得
把他按倒在地上。
A: He says that they kicked him while he was on the ground.
   
他说他躺在地上时,警察们路踢了他。
B: Do you have any proof of these claims?
   
你的这些指控有什么证据吗?
A: If they are true. Then I will get proof
如果指控属实,我会得到证据的。
B: Let me save you some trouble. They are not true. Don’t worry about
getting proof.
   
让我帮你省点麻烦吧。这些指空全是假的。别费心去找什么证据了。
A: This is not the end of this situation. I’m requesting the files
for the officers involved in the arrest.
   
这件事不能这样了结。我请求查阅与逮捕行动的警察的档案。
B: I can tell you right now that those officers have good records. You
won’t find anything helpful there.
   
我现在就可以告诉你,这些警察都有良好的记录。你在档案里找不到傈僳对
你有用的东西。
A: We’ll see about that. You’ll be hearing from me soon.
   
我会跟进这件事。你们很快就会收到我的律师信。
   
B: I look forward to it. Have a nice day.
   
我等着呢。祝你愉快。

Dialogue 2
A: Hey ,partner. Did you hear the good news?
   
嗨,搭档,听到那个好消息了吗?
B: yeah . you just made detective . congratulations. I knew you’d get
that promotion.
   
听到了。你刚刚升为侦探。祝贺你。我知道你会得到这项晋升的。
A: I wasn’t so sure. There aren’t many female detectives in this
department.
   
我不是很有信心。这一部门里女侦探不很多。
B: that is going to change in the future. I guess you get to stop
wearing this uniform.
   
这一点将来会改变的。我想你不能再穿这套制服了。
A: that is right. Starting next month. I will be in ordinary clothes
for work.
   
说得对。从下个月起我得穿便衣上班了。
B: and you get that nice gold badge?
   
你得到那个漂亮的金徽章了吗?
A: yeah. That and the pay raise are pretty nice.
   
是的。这些再加上工资的提升。
B: what section will you be working in?
   
你将在哪个科工作?
A: they are putting me in narcotics
   
他们将我安排在缉毒科。
B: that could be rough. Are you nervous?
   
那会挺难熬。你紧张吗?
A: no. not really. I grew up with three brothers  . I can handle
anything after that.
不。
    没什么。我和三个兄弟一起长大。有了这种经历。我能应付任何事情。
B: I guess you can. I wonder if I will get a good new partner.
   
我想你做得到。我想知道我会不会有个新搭档。
A: not as good as me. But you can teach them.. why don’t you apply to
be a detective?
   
他们可没我这么好。不过你可以教教他们。为什么你不申请做侦探呢?
B: I need another year of experience before I’m eligible .
   
我还需要再多一年经验才够资格。
A: I see . when you are ready. Let me know. Maybe I can help your
application.
   
我明白了。当你准备好就告诉我。也许我能帮助你申请。
B: I will bet you could . that would be really nice.
   
我肯定你能帮忙。那太好了。
A: we still have to work together for now though. Let’s get to work.
   
不过,现在我们还得一起工作

Dialogue 3:
A: Excuse me, sir. Could you help me?
   
劳驾,警官。你能帮我吗?
B: Yes, ma’am. What can I do for you?
   
是的。女士,有什么我可以为你效劳的?
A: I need to file a missing person’s report.
   
我需要报案。有人失踪了。
B: How long has this person been missing?
   
这个人失踪多久了?
A: It’s my sister. She’s been missing since yesterday.
   
是我姐姐。他从昨天开始就失踪了。
B: I’m sorry. We can’t consider her missing until 48 hours have
passed.
   
对不起,要等48小时后,我们才能认为她是失踪了。
A: What? That’s ridiculous. You have to help me.
   
什么?简直荒唐。你得帮我。
B: I wish I could. But my hands are tied.
   
我也希望我能帮上忙。但我必须遵守规定。
A: Why isn’t she considered missing until after 48hours?
   
为什么要等48小时过后才能认为她是失踪呢?
B: Sometimes people go somewhere without telling anyone. It wastes our
time to look for someone only to find out she just stayed at her
boyfriend’s house for the night.
   
有时人们谁也没有告诉就去了某个地方。我们曾花费时间寻找某人,到头来
只发现她只是到她的男朋友家里去过夜。
A: But I know my sister is missing. She was supposed to come home from
work last ight. And she hasn’t.
   
但我清楚我姐姐是失踪了。她本应昨晚下班后就回家的。可是她没回来。
B: look. I’m very sorry. Just come back tomorrow and we can help you
then.
   
好了。我很抱歉。你明天再来吧。到时我们再帮你找。
A: The police don’t do anything for ordinary people.
   
警察一点也不为老百姓办事。
B: That’s not what I’m saying. Ma’am.
   
我可不是那样说的。女士。
A: Yes. It is. You people can’t help me. I’m going home.
   
这是事实。你们不能帮我。我要回家了。
B: Those are the rules. I’m sorry. Come back in 24 hours.
   
这些是规矩。对不起。24小时一再来吧。

Dialogue 4:
A: Excuse me, officer.
   
打扰了。警官。
B: My name is Officer Hendrix. What can I do for you?
   
我的名字叫亨德里克斯警官。有什么可以为你效劳吗?
A: I’m a teacher at Newland Elementary school on Broad Street.
   
我是勃罗德新兰德小学的一位老师。
B: Yes. I know that area.
   
哦。我知道那个地方。
A: I’ve been told that your department sometimes has educational
programs for children.
   
有人告诉我你们的部门有时会开办一些为小孩子而设地教育活动。
B: Yes. That’s true. We have a variety of program topics. Is there
something specific you’re interested in?
   
是的。没错。我们有各种各样的活动主题。你对哪个主题比较感兴趣呢?
A: I was hoping you had some kind of anti-drug program.
   
我希望你们会有什么反吸毒的活动。
B: We have several anti-drug programs. What are the ages of your
students?
   
我们有几种反吸毒的活动。你的学生是什么年龄段的?
A: I teach nine and ten-year-old children. Is that too young?
   
我教九岁和十岁大的孩子。会不会年纪太小了?
B: Not at all. The sooner they learn about the dangers of drugs The
better.
   
一点也不。越早知道毒品的害处越好。
A: I couldn’t agree with you more.
   
我非常同意你的话。
B: For that age. I also recommend a program about not talking to
strangers.
   
对这个年龄的学生。我还向你推荐一个关于不要跟陌生人谈话的教育活动。
A: Yes. That would also be valuable for my students.
   
对。那对我的学生也很有价值。
B: Take this card. This is the number for the community relations
office.
   
拿着这张名片。这是外联办公宏观世界的电话号码。
A: I see. What do they do?
   
我知道了。他们是干什么的?
B: This is the office you need to talk to set up your program. Give
them a call.
   
你需要联系这个办公室以便开展你们的活动。给他们打电话吧。
A: I’ll do that. Thanks. Officer Hendrix.
   
我会的。谢谢你,亨德里斯警官。
B: Good luck.
   
祝你好运。

Dialogue 5:
A: How are you doing today? Tom? I’m detective Larson.
   
你今天好吗?汤姆?我是拉森侦探。
B: Can I smoke in here?
   
我可以在这吸烟吗?
A: No. you may not. Get your feet off the table.
   
不行。你不能吸烟。将你的脚从桌子上拿下来)
B: What am I being held here for?
   
为什么要把我扣留在这里?
A: You know very well that you’re here on a robbery charge. You want
to talk about that?1
   
你心里很清楚。你在这里是被指控抢劫。你要交待一下吗?
B: I don’t know what you’re talking about.
   
我不明白你在说什么?
A: Before we go any further. I need to let you know your rights.
   
在我们进一步审讯前,我有必要让你知道你的权利。
B: Yes. Yes. I know them.
   
好了。好了。我知道这些权利。
A: You have the right to remain silent. If you choose not to remain
silent. Anything you say can be used against you in a court of law.
You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney
one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights?
   
你有权利保持沉默,如果你选择不保持沉默,你说的任何东西都可能会成为
你的呈堂证供。你有权请律师。如果你请不起律师,我们会给你指定一名律师。
你明白这些权利吗?
B: Yes. I do. I’ve heard it all before.
   
我明白。我以前全听过了。
A: I’m sure you have. Now, do you want to talk about where you were
last Tuesday night?
   
我肯定你听过了。现在,你想交待上个星期二晚上你在哪里吗?
B: What night was that?
   
那是哪一天晚上?
A: That was the night of the 16th. I’m sure you remember. Quit
playing games.
   
那是16日晚上,我肯定你记得很清楚,别耍花样了。
B: I was probably at work. I work at the shipping plant.
   
我大概在上班吧。我在船厂上班。
A: I know that and I know you get off work at 7p.m. Where did you go?
   
这我清楚。而且我还知道你晚上7点钟就下班了。你去了哪里?
B: I don’t remember. Maybe I went to sleep.
   
我不记得了。也许我去睡觉了。
A: Look. Witnesses say there were two other men with you. You have a
good record. You give me those men’s names and maybe we can make a
deal.
   
听着。有目击证人说有两个男人和你在一起。你的记录良好,如果你告诉我
这两个人的名字,也许我们可以作个交易。
B: I want to call my lawyer. We’ve done talking.
   
我想见我的律师。我们就谈到这。
A: Fine. Tom. If you want to be stupid. Then you go right ahead.
   
好的。汤姆。如果你想做蠢事,那随你的便。
B: Just get me my lawyer.
   
把我的律师叫来就行。

新英语900句第51课情景对话

Dialogue 1:
A: welcome to the comfort Hotel. How may I help you?
   
欢迎来康福物旅馆。有什么我可以为你效劳的吗?
B: yes, I just need a room for two. Do you have any vacancies?
   
是的。我想要间双人房。你们有空房吗?
A: yes, we have a few rooms available . would you prefer two single or
one double bed?
   
有。我们还有一些空房。你是想要两张单人床还是一张双人床?
B: one double bed will be fine.
   
一张双人床就行了。
A: do you need assistance with your luggage?
   
你需要人帮你拿行李吗?
B: no. my husband is out at the car getting our bags.
   
不行。我丈夫正在外面的车上拿行李。
A: how many nights will you be staying with us?
   
你们要在我们这里住几个晚上?
B: just one. How much will that cost us?
   
只住一晚。那要花多少钱?
A: the charge for one double room for one night is S82
   
一张双人床住一个晚上的费用是82美元。
B: that is a little high. But I guess I can afford it .
   
那有点贵,不过我想我还付得起的。
A: will you be paying by cash or credit card?
   
你将用现金还是信用卡支付呢?
B: I have a Visa card. Do you accept Visa?
   
我有一张维萨卡。你们接受维萨信用卡吗?
A: yes . we certainly do. Let me borrow that card for a moment.
   
当然接受。请把您的卡借我一下。
B: here you go.
     
给你。
A: okay. this is your key and this is your card. If you need anything
,just call the front desk.
   
好的。这是你们的房间钥匙和你的卡。如果你有什么需要,你可以打前台电话。
B: what time do we have to check-out?
   
我们什么时候必须退房呢?
A: check-out time is eleven o’clock tomorrow morning.
   
退房时间是在明天早上11点。
B: thank you . good night.
   
谢谢你。晚安。

dialogue 2
A: hey, excuse me.
    嘿 打扰一下

B: yes? what can I do for you?
   
嗯 有什么需要帮助吗?
A:I need to get some food, can I do that here?
   
我想买一些事物,在这里可以吗?
B: our room service is closed for the night. but you can order some
food from outside the hotel.
   
我们今晚的房间服务已经停了,不过你可以宾馆外面订一些事物。
A: can I see a telephone book?
   
我能看电话本吗?
B: sure ,it may be easier to use this list of the local food delivery
places.
   
当然可以了,还容易使用当地食品供应点的目录,
A: great !can I call from here?
   
太棒了,我能从这里打电话吗?
B: yes ,you may go right ahead.
    可以,你可以打电话吧!

A: thanks a lot, I  think I'll call this pizza place.
   
多谢!我想给这个披萨店打电话。
B: Any luck?
   
会有吗?
A: yeah. they'll be here in forty minutes.
   
是,他们40分钟后会到这里
B: you can go back to your room. when it gets here I'll give you a
call.
   
你可以回房间,我们来时我给你电话,
A: thanks ,I'll see you in a little bit.
   
谢谢,一会见。

Dialogue 3:
A: Hey, I’m ready to check out.
   
嗨,我准备好退房了。
B: Was everything to your satisfaction sir?
   
一切都还满意吗。先生?
A: Yes, I was. I have just one complaint . thought.
   
是的。挺满意的。只是我有一个投诉。
B: What would that be. Sir?
   
那是什么事情呢。先生?
A: My room was next to the laundry room. It was difficult to fall
asleep with the sound of the washing machines next door.
   
我的房间在洗衣房的隔壁,隔壁的洗衣衣机声音很吵,很难入睡。
B: I see. You’re not the first one to complain.
   
我明白。你不是第一个投诉这件事的人。
A: Then why has no one bothered to fix the problem?
   
那么为什么没有人花点心思去解决这个问题呢?
B: I don’t know. The manager is aware of the problem.
   
我不知道,经理也意识到这个问题。
A: Well. That doesn’t satisfy me. I have a meeting today and I’m a
little tired from not getting enough sleep.
   
那可让我很不满意。我今天要开会,而因为睡眠不足我现在感到有点累。
B: Would you like a discount on your room charge?
   
要不我们给你的房费打个折扣吧?
A: Yes. That would be nice.
   
要。那敢情好。
B: Would 30% be acceptable?
   
打7折你能接受吗?
A: That would be good. I appreciate it.
   
那倒挺不错。我很满意。
B: Also you may stay another night at one of our hotels for free
anywhere in the country. Just take this card as proof.
   
还有,在国内的任何一个地方,你都可以在我们任何一家旅馆免费再住一晚
。你只需拿着这张卡做证明。
A: Thank you. That’s very generous. Here’s my credit card.
   
谢谢。你们真慷慨。这是我的信用卡。
B: Thank you. Your card was accepted. Have a nice day. Sir.
   
谢谢。你的信用卡已被接受。先生,祝你有愉快的一天。

Dialogue 4:
A: Do you really want to stay at this place?
   
你真的想住在这个地方吗?
B: I don’t see why not.
   
我看不出为什么不可以。
A: Have you looked in the bathroom? That shower doesn’t look clean.
   
你看过浴室吗?那些淋浴器看起来挺脏的。
B: It looked okay to me. I think you can live with it.
   
我觉得没问题。我想你也能将就一下吧。
A: What about the carpet in the room? What do you think those stains
were?
   
那么房间的地毯呢?你知道那上面的污渍是什么吗?
B: I’m not sure. And I don’t want to know. But it’s not that bad.
   
我不清楚,而且我也不想知道。但也不是那糟吧。
A: Couldn’t we stay in some place better?
   
难道我们不能住在好一点的地方吗?
B: We’re not very close to a better place. Anyway, that would be too
expensive.
   
好一点的地方离这比较远。再说,也太贵了。
A: I see. Well. If anything strange happens I’ll blame you.
   
我明白。反正如果这里有什么怪事发生的话我会责怪你的。
B: That seems fair. I’ll take the blame. Let me have those bags.
   
那还算公平。我会接受指责的。让我去拿那些袋子吧。
A: Maybe the TV will have something good on. What do you want to do
for dinner?
   
可能电视会有一些好节目。你晚餐想吃什么?
B: I was just going to order pizza. Is that alright?
   
我正想叫个比萨饼。好不好?
A: Sure. At least we get cable channels on the TV.
   
当然好。至少我们可以看有线电视。
B: Maybe there will be a good movie on tonight.
   
说不定今晚有一部好的电影呢。
A: Maybe. I’ll try to relax. The bed is comfortable.
   
也许吧。我要休息一下。这张床倒挺舒服的。
B: just relax. I’ll order a pizza for us.
   
休息吧。我去给我俩叫个比萨饼。

Dialogue 5:
A: This is the front desk. How may I help you?
   
这是前台。有什么我可以为你效劳吗?
B: Yes. This is room 108. I have a few requests.
   
是的。这里是108房。我有几个要求。
A: Go right ahead. I hope I can help.
   
请说吧。先生,希望我能帮你。
B: Tomorrow morning I need a wake-up call.
   
明早我需要一个叫早电话。
A: What time would you like your wake-up call?
   
你想什么时候叫醒你呢?
B: Seven should be fine.
   
早上7点是最好的。
A: Is there anything else I can do for you?
   
还有别的什么事我可以帮你吗?
B: Yes. Could you ask the maid not to clean my room in the morning?
Just leave it the way it is.
   
有。你能叫你们的服务员明天早上不要打扫我的房间吗?别管它,让它怎么
样就怎么样。
A: Yes I will. Also you should put a “do not disturb’ sign on your
front door.
   
好的。我会的。另外,你应该在你的门上挂上“请勿打扰”的牌子。
B: Yes. That makes sense. One more thing.
     
对,你说得有道理。还有一件事。
A: Yes?
   
什么事?
B: Do you have a dry cleaning service here?
   
你们这里有干洗服务吗?
A: Yes. We do. Just drop your clothes off at the front desk. They
should be done by tomorrow afternoon. Is that it?
   
是的,我们有。你只需把你的衣服放在前台。明天下午就会洗好。那样行吗

B: Yeah. That’s all need. Thanks.
   
行。我的要求就这么多。谢谢。
A: Thank you and good night.
   
谢谢,晚安。

新英语900句第52课情景对话

Dialogue 1:

A: hello Mr. Porter. have a seat.

       你好,波特先生,请坐。

B: thank you .

         谢谢。

A: I like what I see in your application. I just need to ask you a few questions.

          我看了你的申请表,感到挺满意的。我只需问你几个问题。

B: please go right ahead . I hope I can help.

         请问吧,希望我能帮上忙。

A: good . my first question is how do you feel about working in a small company?

       好的。我的第一个问题是,你对在一个小公司工作有什么看法?

B:I'd prefer to work in a small company. Its easier to make things happen.

         我更喜欢在小公司工作。在小公司工作更容易出成绩。

A: I agree. Do you get along well with co-workers?

          我同意。你跟同事相处得好吗?

B: I've never had any problems before.

        我以前跟同事相处从来都没问题。

A: good. How do you feel about working on weekends?sometimes that is necessary here.

          好的。你对在周末上班怎么看的?我们这里有时候需要周末上班。

B: I'm a young guy. I will do what it takes to get the job done.

        我是个年轻人。为了完成工作,做什么都无所谓。

A: excellent . do you have a family, Mr. Porter?

         好极了。波特先生,你成家了吗?

B: I have a fiancée. We will be married in August.

        我有个未婚妻,我们将在八月份结婚。

A: congratulations . that is nice. I hope you know that your wife will be welcome part of our company. We encourage family life here.

     祝贺你。那太好了。我希望你明白,你的妻子也是我们公司欢迎你加盟的原因之一。我们这里对家庭生活持鼓励态度。

B: that is what I’ve been told.

      别人也是这样对我说的。

A: well . I like what I see here. If you don't have any questions then let me be the first to say welcome to our company.

      好的。我对这里的一切都挺满意。如果你没有什么问题,那就让我成为第一个对你说欢迎加入我们公司的人吧。

Dialouge 2:

A: Have you heard the rumor about the new management?

       你有没有听说过一些关于新管理层的传言?

B: No. what is it?

     没有。什么传言?

A: Apparently they were brought in to cut costs. They are going to be reducing some of the departments.

       很显然,新管理层上任是为了降低成本。 他们打算缩减一些部门。

B: That means firing people.

     那意味着要裁员了。

A: exactly . I wonder who will get cut .

         正是。我想知道哪些人会被炒。

B: I'm sure the marketing section will be cut pretty hard.

       我敢肯定营销部会炒掉许多人。

A: I agree. That section is too big and a lot of the workers take their jobs for granted.

          我同意。那个部门太多人了。许多人对工作都是应付了事。

B: I wonder when we'll know for sure.

     我想知道什么时候我们才有确切的消息。

A: It will be probably be a few weeks from now. the new management will have to evaluate the company for a little bit.

             有可能要过几个星期。新的管理层得花点时间对公司进行评估。

B: Maybe they've already done that.

     也许他们已经完成了这项工作。

A: That's possible . If so we'll hearing about it soon.

         有可能。如果是这样。很快我们将听到裁员的消息。

B: I think our jobs are safe . though..

      不过,我认为我们的工作还是有保障的。

A: I'm sure they are. We're more qualified that most people here.

         我敢肯定是这样。我们比这里的大多数人都更胜任。

B: Maybe some cuts will be good for the company.

        也许裁掉一些人对公司会有好处的。

A: They could be good. We'll just have to wait and see.

        是会有好处的,那我们就等得瞧吧。

 

Dialouge 3:

A: You wanted to see me. Sir?

       你要见我吗,先生?

B: Yes. James. Please come in and sit down. I wanted to ask you about your sales lately.

        是的。詹姆斯。请进来坐。我想就你最近的销售情况问问你。


       A: What about , Sir?

         关于什么呢,先生?

B: I'll be blunt . you haven’t made a single sale in the past 3 weeks . what is going on ?

         我就单刀直入吧。过去三个星期你一单生意都没做成。是怎么一回事?

A: It's January . Sir . The yacht market is slow this time of year.

       现在是一月,先生。每年这个时候游艇销售都是淡季。

B: I understand that. But all my other salesmen have managed at least one sale this month.

         这点我清楚。可是别的销售人员这个月至少做成了单。

A: I don't know what to say, Sir. I suppose I'm having some bad luck.

        我不知道该说什么,先生。我想是我的运气不好吧。

B: Bad luck? I can't afford for my people to have bad luck.

          运气不好?我可承担不起我的手下运气不好。

A: I'm aware of that . Sir .

    这一点我明白。先生。

B: Are you aware that I don't want to have this conversation again?

        你明不明白我不想有第二次这样的谈话?

A: Yes. I understand . I'll see what I can do.

          是的。我明白。我知道该怎么做了。

B: You'd better . Get on the phones more. Start talking to people . stay late if you have to。

       你最好多想办法,勒点打电话,多跟别人交谈。如果有必要,迟些下班。

A: Yes. Sir. I think I can improve the situation.

        是的。先生。我想我能改善现在这种局面。

B: I hope you can . that is all I have. Do you have any questions?

        希望你做到。我要说的就这么多。你有什么问题吗?

A: No questions . sir.

        没问题。先生。

B: Good . I'll talk to you later . Good bye.

         好吧。我以后再找你谈。再见。

Dialogue 4:

A: Hi there . Doris . Welcome back.

           你好。多丽比,欢迎回来。

B: I can't believe I'm already back at work.

      真不敢相信我已经回来上班了。

A: how was your trip to Europe?

         去欧洲的旅行怎么样?

B: It was wonderful . It was like a second honeymoon for Jonathan and me.

          妙极了。对于乔纳森和我来说。就像二度蜜月一样。

A: That does sound nice . Where did you go?

          听起来真不错。你们去了哪里了?

B: We flew to London . and then took a train to Paris. From there we went to Rome .

         我们坐飞机到伦敦,然后乘火车到巴黎。从那里我们再去罗马。

A: I need to take a trip like that. You even seem to have a tan.

         我也需要进行这样一次旅行。你连皮肤都晒成古铜色了。

B: Just 48 hours ago I was on the beach in Italy .

     仅仅48小时以前我还在意大利的海滩上呢。

A: I'm so jealous. I don't know why you even came back.

        我羡慕死了。我不明白你为什么还舍得回来上班。

B: I don't either. It looks like I've got a lot of work on my desk.

      我也不想回来,不过我的桌子上好像已经堆了一大堆工作。

A: yes. Unfortunately the sales orders really piled up while you are gone.

       没错。很不幸。你离开的这段时间订单确实来了。

B: oh. Well . I guess I'd better get started.

        噢,好了。我想我最好得开始干活了。

A: I'll try to help you make a dent in some of that work.

        我会尽力帮你着手其中一些工作。

B: Really? Oh,that would be great.

          真的吗?那就太好了。

A: In return . you have to do me one favor.

          作为回报,你得帮我个忙。

B: what is it? Just name it and I'll do it .

     什么忙?尽管说出来,我一定帮。

A: All you have to do is tell me more about your vacation.

       你要做的只需告诉我多一些关于你度假的事情。

B: That seems easy enough .

      那再容易不过了。

Dialogue 5:

A: Hello ?

     喂?

B: Yes. This is Stacy Edwards from Pullman Real Estate. Is that Oliver Stanford?

       你好,我是晋尔曼房地产公司的史蒂茜.爱德华。请问是奥利弗.斯坦福吗?

A: Yes , it is. What can I do for you?是的。

        有什么能为你效劳吗?

B: We have some good news on the sale of your house.

       我们有一个好消息告诉你,是关于你要卖房的事。

A: Well . don't keep me in suspense . What is it?

          好了。别吊我胃口了。是什么消息?

B: We have a buyer interested in your place.

       我们有一位买家对你的房子感兴趣。

A: How much does he want it for ?

        他出价多少?

B: He's offered S300,0000.

      他出价S300,000美元。

A: That's above market value. That's a pretty generous offer .

       那可高出市场价。这是个相当大方的出价。

B: That's what we think . we'd like to set up a meeting between you two.

        我们也这么认为。我们想给你们俩定个会面的时间。

A: Yes . that would be good . When were you thinking?

         好的。那太好了。你们打算什么时候?

B: He wanted to meet next Tuesday afternoon.

         对方想下个星期二下午见面。

A: That's fine with me . Will this be at your office?

        我没问题。是在你的办公室见面吗?

B: Yes. And then we thought we could come to see the house.

        是的。而且我们想到时我们可以一起去看看房子。

A: That would be excellent . I'll see you then.

       那样太好了。到时见。

B: thank you . bye now.

     谢谢。再见。

 

新英语900句第53课情景对话

Dialogue 1

A: Excuse me . Are you from around here?

         请问你是本地人吗?

B: Yeah. I work here .Do you need some help?

      是的。我在这里工作。你需要帮忙吗?

A: Yes. Do you know what bus leads to Memorial Stadium?

         是的。你知道哪一路公共汽车到纪念馆运动馆吗?

B: Let me think. I believe it's the 104 bus.

        让我想想。我想是104路公共汽车。

A: The 104 bus?

       104路车吗?

B: Yeah. That's right. There should be a bus stop right at the stadium.

            是的。没错。在体育馆应有一个站停。

A: And I don't have to change buses.

           就是说我不用转车。

B: No. You just go up maybe 4 or 5 stops and you're there.

           不用。坐45个站,你就到了。

A: That sounds pretty easy.

           听起来挺容易的。

B: The problem is that the bus stop there is named Whitman Street Stop.

              问题里那里的站名叫惠特曼街站。

A: That's why I couldn't find it.

                难怪我找不到。

B: I know. It should be named something like Stadium Stop . because no one knows about Whitman Street. It's not a very good name for a stop.

             我知道。那个站应该取个叫体育馆站之类的名字。因为没有人认识惠特曼街。对于一个公共汽车站来说那不是个好名字。

A: I guess not. That looks like bus 104. I'd better get on.

           我也这么想。好像那辆就是104路车,我行上车了。

B: Good luck.

          祝你好运。

 

      Dialogue 2

      A: Excuse me. Do you know what bus is going to the theater?

             打扰了。你知道哪路车到剧辽吗?

       B: Do you mean the Performing Arts Theater on Marshall Street?

                    你是指在马歇尔街的表演艺术剧院吗?

      A: Yes. That's the one. Do you know how to get there?

               是的。就是那间。你知道怎样去那里吗?

       B: I'm going there myself . Just come with me.

                 我自己也去那儿。跟着我就行了。

       A: Are you going to the performance of Showboat?

                 你是去看《戏船》的演出吗?

       B: Yes. I am. I guess you are as well.

             是的。我想你也一样。

       A: That's right. I don't see many theater lovers at the bus stop.

                说得对。在公共汽车站我没看到多少戏剧爱好者。

       B: Me neither. I guess the theater isn't just for rich people.

             我也没看到。我认为戏剧并不只是为富人而设的。

       A: I should have guessed by your suit. Though.. It's a little late at night to be going to work.

              从你穿的衣服我应该猜到你是去看戏的。这个时候去上班可有点太迟了。

        B: I suppose it is. I like to get dressed up for the theater. It's a habit.

         我认为你说得对。我喜欢穿戴整齐去看戏。这是一种习惯。

       A: It's a good habit. Too many people dress casually all the time.

                这是个好习惯。太多人总是穿得很随便。

        B: I agree. Something should be worth getting dressed up for.

             我同意。有一些事情是值得我们为之穿着打扮的。

       A: So how far is the theater from here?

         从这里到剧院有多远?

        B: It's about 3 stops from here. maybe 15 minutes. There's our bus now.

         从这里去有大红3个站。可能要15分钟。我们的车现在到了。

        A: Oh. Good. I sure was lucky to find you.

          噢。太好了。碰上你我真幸运。

 

 

      Dialogue 3

       A: We have been standing here forever.

        我们已经在这里站了好久了。

       B: No. we haven't. it's only been five minutes.

                   没有多久。才过了五分钟。

       A: Well. The heat makes it feel like forever.

          不过。炎热使人感觉好像过了很久了。

        B: I agree with that. It is hot out today.

                 我同意你的说法。今天外面真热。

        A: I wonder what's taking the bus so long.

           我想知道公共汽车为什么这么久还不来。

        B: Have you looked at the traffic? That's what is slowing down the bus.

            你没有见到车流吗?这就是它迟迟不来的原因。

        A: Why is there so much traffic?为什么有这么多车呢?

        B: Didn't you know about the ball game downtown? Everyone's coming to see that.

                 你不知道在市中心举行的球赛吗?人人都来看那场比赛。

          A: Oh. Right. I forgot about that. I guess that explains the traffic.

                 哦。对了。我忘了这事了。我猜那就是交通堵塞的原因。

          B: It must. Anyway. The bus should be here any minute.

                    一定是这个原因。不管怎样,公共汽车随时都会来到。

          A: We should have just taken a cab. We still can.

                       我们本应坐的士的。我们现在还可以坐。

           B: Do you know how expensive that could be? We are not in a hurry. So why not wait?

                    你知道坐的士有多贵吗?我们又不赶时间。为什么不等等呢?

          A: That's true. We're not in a hurry. But it's too hot to be standing here all day.

               说得对。我们不赶时间。可是整天站在这里太热了。

           B: The bus should be air-conditioned. You can rest inside.

                     公共汽车上应该有空调。你可以里面休息。

          A: I'm sorry to complain so much. It's just not a good day.

                  我很抱歉发了这么多牢骚。今天可不是个好日子。

           B: No. I understand. It has to get better.
            对。我明白,天气会好转的。

           A: Look! There's the bus now.

                       看,车来了。

          B: Oh, good. It doesn't look crowded either. Do you have money

          噢,好极啦。看起来并不拥挤。你有钱吗?

          A: Yes. I do. Let's get aboard..

                 有。让我们上车吧。

         Dialogue 4

          A: Hey. Jeff. Look at this bus schedule over here.

                    嗨,杰夫,看这里的公共汽车时刻表。

           B: Okay. Have you found a bus going to the Harbor yet?

                     好的。你找到一路去港口的公共汽车了吗?

          A: I think so. The 23 bus. But it looks like it has stopped running tonight.

                      找到了。23路车。不过今晚好像已经过了末班车了。

         B: What time is it now?

                 现在几点了?

           A: It's about ten o'clock.

                    大约十点钟。

           B: This says the last bus leaves at 9:45. but that was only 15 minutes ago.

                  这里说最后一班车945开。那不过是15分钟前的事情。

           A: So? Doesn't that mean it's not running now?

                   那又怎样?难道那不是意味着它现在已经不走了吗?

           B: No. It just means the last bus left the first stop. David Street. It should be getting here in about five minutes.

                    不是。我的意思是说最后一班车那时离开第一个站—大卫街。那它应该在约五分钟后到达我们这里。

           A: Oh, yeah. Why didn't think of that?

                      噢。对了。为什么我想不到这个呢?

           B: I don't know. Marcus. Anyway. I hope it hurries. It seems like it's going to rain.

                    我不知道。马库斯。不管怎样,我希望车快点到。天看起来要下雨了。

           A: I know. I planned ahead and brought my umbrella.

                      我知道。我未雨绸缪。把雨伞带来了。

           B: I should have done that. Can I share your umbrella?

                    我本应该这样做的。我可以和你共用一把伞吗?

            A: I don't think so. Are you my girlfriend now? get wet. Maybe you'll learn a lesson.

                      我看不行。你现在是我的女朋友吗?去淋雨吧。也许你从中能得到教训。            B: Some friend you are.

                      你真够朋友的。

            A: I am a good friend . I'm helping you learn a valuable lesson-plan ahead.

                  我是个很好的朋友。我在帮助你得到一个有价值的教训——学会未雨绸缪。

           B: Not really. There's the bus 23 coming down the street now. I guess I won't be getting wet tonight.

                  才不是呢。23路从街上驶过来了。我想今晚我不会变成落汤鸡的。

 

 

          Dialogue 5

            A: Hey, Coco. Here's our bus. Let's get on.

                     嗨,可可。我们的车来了。我们上车吧。

           B: I'm not sure about that.

                  我不敢肯定是不是这辆车。

           A: quit wasting time. Let's get on.

                   不要浪费时间了。我们上车吧。

           B: NO. wait Stop. That's not the right bus.

                   不要。等等。别上。这不是我们要坐的车。

           A: Are you sure?

                   你肯定吗?

            B: No. I'm not sure. But I thinks it's wrong.

                不,我不大肯定,不过我觉得它不是。

          A: I hope you're right. Because there it goes. We just missed it.

                希望你是对的。因为车走了。我们眼看着让它走了。

          B: We want to go to Westminster Square. Right?

                   我们想去西敏寺广场,是不是?

         A: Yes. of course . That bus said Westminster on it.

                  当然是。那辆车上有西敏寺这个站。

          B: I know. But this schedule says that but 91 goes to Westminster Square and bus 65 goes to Westminster Street.

                    我知道。但这张时刻表上说914路车到西敏寺广场。而65路车到西敏寺街。

          A: So what?

                 那又怎样?

           B: That was bus 65. we don't want to go Westminster Street.

                那辆车是65路。我们不是去西敏寺街。

          A: Oh, yeah. I see what you mean. Thanks for the quick thinking.

                   噢,对。我明白你的话了。幸亏你脑筋转得快。

          B: I think Westminster street is on the other side of the city.

                我想西敏寺街是在城市的另一边。

          A: I guess we should just wait for bus 91.

               我想我们只能等91路车了。

          B: I think so. We should also ask a local for their advice.

               我也这样想。我们还应该找个本地人问问他的意见。

          A: good idea. I'll go ask that guy over there with the dog.

                    好主意。我去问那边那个带着一条狗的人。

          B: make sure he understands the difference between Westminster Street and Square.

                      一定要让他明白我们是去西敏寺广场而不是西敏寺街。

 

新英语900句第54课情景对话

Dialogue 1:
A: Hello, Thank you for flying with Skyway Airlines. How are you today?
     
你好。感谢你乘坐天路航空公司的航班。你今天好吗?
B: I'm fine. Thank you..
     
我很好,谢谢。
A: May I see your ticket, please?
   
请出示你的机票好吗?
B: Yes. Here you go.
     
好的。给你。
A: I see you're flying to Chile. Do you have your passport with you?
     
我看到你要飞到智利去。你身上带了护照吗?
B: Yes. I do. Do you need to see it?
      
带了。你要看吗?
A: Yes. I do. Okay. Thank you. Do you have any baggage to check?
      
是的。好了。谢谢。你有什么行李要检吗?
B: Just a suitcase. My shoulder bag is carry-on luggage.
      
就这个箱子。我的挎包是随身携带行李。
A: Has anyone else packed this bag for you or handled it after you packed it?
      
有没有别人帮你收携带这个包或者你收拾后帮你处理好。
B: NO. I packed it myself.
     
没有。我自己收拾的。
A: alright then. Just fill out this baggage ticket for your suitcase.
      
那好吗。请为你的箱子填好这张行李标签。
B: Do you have a pen? I think I packed mine somewhere.
      
你有钢笔吗?我想我的笔放在什么地方了。
A: Certainly. Here you go.
     
当然有。给你。
B: thank you. Are your metal detectors safe for camera film?
   
谢谢。你们的金属探测器不会损坏相机用的胶卷吧?
A: Yes. They are. Just put your suitcase here.
     
不会的。请把你的箱子放到这里。
B: Okay. I guess that's it.
     
好的。我想就这些了吧。
A: Your flight departs in one hour. You may go up to the departure waiting area if you like and wait there.
     Boarding  will begin in about 30 minutes. Have a nice flight.
   
你的航班一小时后起飞,如果你愿意你可以上去到候机室那里等。大约三十分钟后开始登机。祝你旅途愉快。

Dialogue 2:
A: Hey. Buddy. Are you doing okay?
   
嗨,伙计。你没事吗?
B: Yeah. Why?
   
没事。为什么这样问呢?
A: You just look kind of nervous and pale.
   
你看起来有点紧张。脸色有点苍白。
B: Oh, I just get nervous before flying. It doesn’t make any sense . I know..
   
噢。我只是坐飞机前有些紧张。我知道,这听起来挺荒唐的。
A: My uncle gets like that.
   
我的叔叔也会这样。
B: Once I'm on the plane. I'll take some sleeping pills. That relaxes me.
   
一旦上了飞机。我就会吃一些安眠药。那就会使我放松下来。
A: Do you get airsick?
   
你会晕机吗?
B: I don't think so. But I'm asleep for most flights.
   
我不晕机。不过大多数坐飞机的时候我都睡觉。
A: I get airsick every time. I have to take pills for that.
   
我每次都晕机。我得吃晕机药。
B: we both sound like drug addicts.
   
我们两个人听起来都像吃药上瘾一样。
A: I know. It's pretty bad. Do you want to some water?
   
我知道。真是挺糟的。你要喝水吗?
B: Yeah. Actually that would be really nice right now.
     
好的。实际上,我现在喝点水对我确实挺好的。
A: Here you go. Finish this bottle.
   
给你。把这瓶喝完。
B: Thanks. What's your name?
   
谢谢。你叫什么名字?
A: Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Oliver. And you are ……..
     
噢。对不起。我叫奥利弗。你呢?
B: I'm Lee, Nice to meet you.
     
我叫李。很高兴认识你。

Dialogue 3:
A: Mom, I hate to say it. But I think my flight is starting to board.
   
妈妈。我真不想说再见。可是我的航班就要开始登机了。
B: Those are just the passengers in first class. We've got a few more minutes.
   
那是头等舱的旅客开始登机。我们还有几分钟时间。
A: I guess you're right. Don’t be so emotional. Mom.
   
我想你说得对。不要这么伤感。妈妈。
B: I can't help it. You’re going off to college. It's a big day.
   
我控制不了。你要上大学了,今天可是个大日子。
A: I know, but you're making me nervous.
     
我明白。可是你这样使我情绪紧张。
B: I'm sorry. You're right. Everything's packed right?
   
对不起,你说得对。所有的东西都装好了吗?
A: If I forgot anything. It's too late now.
   
如果我忘记了什么东西,现在也太迟了。
B: No. I could mail you something.
   
不迟,我可以寄给你。
A: when are you going to come up to California to see me?
     
你什么时候来加利福尼亚看我呢?
B: Probably in October. That's when they have parents week. Right?
     
大约在十月份吧。那时候学校有父母探望周。对么?
A: Yes. I think so. It's sometime in October.
   
是的。没错。是在十份某个时间。
B: When does your flight land?
   
你的航班什么时候到达?
A: I think about 4 o'clock this afternoon. California time.
   
我想是在今天下午四点钟加州时间。
B: Well. Make sure you call me when you get a chance.
     
可要记住一有机会就给我打电话。
A: I will. Mom .this is the final boarding call. I'd better go.
     
我会的。妈妈。这是最后一次登机通知了。我得走了。
B: Okay. Give me a hug. I love you, dear.
     
好吧。来拥抱一下我。我爱你。亲爱的。
A: I love you too. Mom. Bye. I'll call you.
   
我也爱你,妈妈。再见。我会给你电话的。

Dialogue 4:
A: Excuse me. Is this the information desk?
   
请问,这是问讯处吗?
B: Yes. It's. what can I do for you?
   
是的。有什么能为你效劳的吗?
A: I need two things. One. can you tell me how to get to the city from here?
     
我有两件事情。第一,你能告诉我从这里怎样进城吗。
B: There are a number of train. Bus and taxi options at the airport .
     
在机场你可以选择乘搭火车。公共汽车和的士等几种交通工具。
A: How do I fine out about the train?
     
我想了解一下火车的情况该怎么办?
B: Trains leave every half hour. Go to the first level to find out more.
     
火车每半小时一趟。去一楼可以了解更多的信息。
A: What's on the first level?
   
在一楼有什么?
B: The train ticketing and information desk. They're localed next to the MeDonadd's.
      
火车售票处和问讯处。它们就在麦当劳餐厅隔壁。
A: Great. I also need to report a missing bag.
      
好极了。我还需要给我的包报失。
B: The airline seems to have lost some of your luggage?
        
是不是航空公司丢失了你一些行李?
A: Yes. That's correct.
      
是的。没错。
B: What you need to do? Is go back to the baggage claim.
      
你要做的是回到行李认领处。
A: Okay. Got it.
   
好的。我明白了。
B: At the end of the baggage claim area is a claims office.
      
在行李认领处的尽头是报失办公室。
A: I think I saw that. I didn't know what it was.
         
我想我见过那个地方。我不知道它是什么。
B: It's poorly labeled. in there, they can handle your complaint.
      
它的标版不显眼。在那里他们就会处理你的投诉。
A: Great, that's all I need .thanks.
   
好极了。我的问题就这些。谢谢。
B: I'm glad I could help . have a nice day.
     
我很高兴能帮助你。祝你愉快。

Dialogue 5:
A: Hey, honey. I'm over here.
   
嗨,亲爱的。我在这里。
B: Oh. There you are. How was your trip?
      
噢。你在这里啊!旅途如何?
A: It was wonderful. I'll have to tell you about it when I've got time. There's so much to tell.
     
好极了。有时间我可要给你好好讲讲我的旅游。要讲的东西太多了。
B: I noticed your flight was delayed what happened?
      
我留意到你的航班晚点了。出了什么事?
A: we were late leaving Boston. Then we hit turbulence over Denver.
      
在波士顿我们起飞迟了。后来我们在丹佛上空又碰上气流。
B: that always scares me.
   
气流总是使我很害怕。
A: I was asleep the entire time.
      
整段时间我都在睡觉。
B: Did you sleep the entire flight?
   
整个飞行过程你都在睡觉?
A: No. right before I fell asleep. I was watching some comedy movie. I don't remember the name.
   
不是。就在入睡前。我还看了部喜剧电影。我不记得电影的名字了。
B: Well. Are you ready to get out of  here?
     
好了。你准备好离开这里了吗?
B: Actually. I'm starved. Do you think we could get a bite to eat first?
      说实话。我肚子饿了。你认为我们可以先吃点东西吗?

A: This airport  is kind of in the middle of nowhere. We should eat before we leave.
   
机场的位置是上不着天下不着地。我们在离开前应该吃点东西。
B: How does simple fast food sound to you? We can get a fancy dinner later tonight.
      
吃点简单的快餐你认为如何?我们可以今晚迟些时候再吃顿好的。
A: whatever you want? Fast food sounds fine. Its good to have you back.
      
随你的便。我吃快餐没问题。看到你回来真好。
B: It's good to be back.
      
回来真好。

新英语900句第55课情景对话

Dialogue 1:
A: Do you think our train is going to be here soon?
   
你认为我们的火车快以这里了吗?
B: If my watch is right, it should be here in the next two or three minutes.
   
要是我的表准的话。火车应该在两三分钟后到达这里。
A: Do you really think it will get here that soon?
   
你真的认为它这么快就到这里?
B: I hope so. Why do you ask?
   
希望如此。你为什么这样问呢?
A: I want to get coffee and something to eat.
   
我想去喝杯咖啡,吃点东西。
B: you don’t have time now. you might miss the train.
   
你现在没时间了,你可能会误了火车的。
A: No. I won’t. There’s a coffee shop right around the corner.
   
不,不会的。就在拐角的地方就有间咖啡店。
B: It’s not worth the risk.
   
不值得冒这个险。
A: I’m starving. It is worth the risk.
   
我饿坏了。值得冒一下险。
B: you can get food on the train.
   
你可以在火车上买到吃的。
A: Maybe. Maybe not. Anyway. It’ll be more expensive.
   
也许可以,也午不能。不管怎样,火车上的食物要贵得多。
B: Fine. Go ahead. Just know I can’t stop the train for you.
   
好吧。去吧。你要知道,我可没法叫火车停下来等你。
A: Watch my bags for me. I’ll be back in a second.
   
帮我看着包。我很快就回来。
B: If you’re going to go. Get me a cup of coffee.
   
如果你要去,帮我买杯咖啡。
A: Now you want a cup of coffee? Fine. I’ll be right back.
   
现在你也想喝咖啡了?
Dialogue 2
A: what did you say? I couldn’t hear you.
   
你说什么,我听不清你说什么?
B: I just asked if you were cold.
   
我只是问你冷不冷
A: No. I’m fine. Those trains make so much noise.
   
不冷,我挺好的。那结火车发出的声音太吵了。
B: It’s from their brakes. They have to stop a lot of weight.
   
那是火车刹车的声音。要知道,火车这么重,要停下来不容易。
A: Yeah. I understand that. It’s just getting on my nerves.
   
是的。我明白。这种声音弄得我神经紧张。
B: You won’t have to hear it from inside the train.
   
进到车厢里面你就不用再听它了。
A: That’s a relief. I hope the train quiet.
   
那还让人感到轻松些。我希望火车会很安静。
B: It’s always quiet .quieter than a bus.
   
火车通常都很安静。比公共汽车还要安静。
A: I hope so. Do you think we’ll be able to get anything to eat?
   
但愿如此。你认为我们在火车上能买到吃的吗?
B: Yes. The lounge car always has snacks and sandwiches. They’re just expensive.
   
能。头等车厢总是有小吃和三明治卖。只是它们挺贵的。
A: I’m so tired. I just want to get on and fall asleep.
   
我累坏了。我只想上车,然后睡一觉。
B: good luck. I can never fall asleep in train seats.
   
希望你有这样的好运。在火车座位上我从来都睡不着。
A: Why not?
   
为什么睡不着?
B: I don’t know. They’re too stuffy. There’s not enough room.
   
我不知道。也许是太闷了。空间也不足够。
Dialogue 3
A: Hello sir. Can I help you?
    你好。先生。我可以帮你吗?

B: Yeah. I’ve got kind of a problem. I missed my train.
   
是的。我有件麻烦事。我误了火车。
A: That’s a pretty serious problem.
   
那可是挺大的麻烦。
B: When does the next train leave for New Orleans?
   
下一班去新奥尔良的火车什么时候开?
A: The next train leaves at 6:10 tonight.
   
下班火车今天晚上6:10开。
B: Great. Can I just get on that one?
   
好极了。我可以乘坐那班火车吗?
A: Yes. But you’ll need to buy a new ticket.
   
可以,但你需要新买一张车票。
B: What? I already bought a ticket. Here it is.
   
什么?我已经买过票了。你看。
A: I’m sorry, sir. That ticket is for the train that just left.
   
对不起,先生。那张票是用来乘坐刚离开的那班火车的。
B: But it’s still a train ticket.
   
可是它仍然是一张火车票啊。
A: Look, buddy. A train ticket is not currency. You can’t cash it in whenever you want.
   
好了。伙计。火车票可不是钞票。你不能想什么时候用就什么时候用。
B: It’s not my fault I was late getting to the station.
   
我到火车站迟了。那不是我的错。
A: Oh, yeah? Well whose fault was it?
   
噢,是吗?那么是谁的错呢?
B: It was the train company’s fault. Their website has bad directions to the station.
   
是火车公司的错。他们网站上关于火车站位置的指示太糟了。
A: I’m sorry to hear that. But I can’t just give you a S200 train ticket. You have to buy a new one.
   
听你这么说我感到很抱歉。不过我不能白给你一张200美元的火车票。你得再买一张新的。
B: That’s ridiculous.
   
那太荒唐了。
A: What are you talking about? That’s how the system works. Calm down or  I’ll call security.
   
你在说什么?我们的制度就是这样的。冷静下来。否则我要叫警卫了。
B: Don’t worry. I’m going to take a bus.
   
别费心了。我打算坐公共汽车去。
Dialogue 4
A: Hey, Excuse me. I have a question.
   
打扰了。我有个问题。
B: How can I help you?
   
你有什么要帮忙的呢?
A: I just got off the train from Washington. What’s the best way to get into New York from here?
   
我刚从华盛顿来的火车上上来。从这里去纽约的最佳方法是什么?
B: There are a couple of ways. You could take a bus or a commuter train. Or there might be a taxi that will go that far.
   
有几种方法。你可以坐公共汽车,坐郊区火车。或者有些的士也愿意跑这么远。
A: How much would a taxi be?
   
坐的士要多少钱?
B: About a hundred bucks, maybe.
   
一百块左右吧。
A: Forget that. Did you say there was a commuter train?
   
那就算了。你说有郊区火车?
B: Yeah. There are Tri-State Rail System trains leaving every half hour for the city.
   
是的。三州铁路系统的火车。每半小时就有一班车到纽约。
A: How much do they cost?
   
车票要多少钱?
B: They’re ten dollars.
   
十美元。
A: And how long is the trip?
   
那要坐多久。
B: There are a few stops along the way. It’s about an hour from here to New York.
   
沿途有几个站。从这里到纽约要花一个小时左右。
A: That’s fine. Where do I get a ticket?
   
挺不错的。我到哪里买票呢?
B: Just go down the stairs. You’ll see a glass booth. Get a ticket there. The trains are just next to the booth.
   
就在楼下。你会看到一个玻璃售票亭。在那里买票。火车就在集票亭旁边停。
A: Thanks.
   
谢谢。
B: Don’t mention it.
   
不用谢。
Dialogue 5
A: Let me take one of those bags.
   
让我帮你拿一个包。
B: You’ve already got to carry your own bags.
   
你还得提自己的包啊。
A: I know. But I can put yours on my shoulder.
   
我知道。但我可以把你的包挎在我的肩上。
B: Why can’t I put my bag on my own shoulder?
   
为什么我就不能把我的包挎在自己的肩上呢?
A: I was just trying to help. Forgive me for being nice.
   
我只是想帮忙。请原谅。我是出于好心的。
B: You were just trying to be the big strong man. Right?
   
你不过是试图扮演一个强壮男子汉的角色。对么?
A:  Is that such a bad thing?
   
那样做难道是什么坏事吗?
B:  You are right. I’m tired. Here’s my bag.
   
你说得对。我累了。这是我的包。
A:  You could say thank you.
   
你应当说谢谢。
B: You should thank me.
   
你应该谢我。
A: What’s for? I’m the one with all these bags.
   
为什么呢?提包的人是我。
B: You wanted to carry the bags. I’m letting you be the big strong man.
   
你想提这些包。我就让你扮演一个强壮的男子汉。
A: Of course. Thank you
    是这样。谢谢。
B: I’ll make myself useful and go  get us some breakfast while we’re waiting for the train.
   
我也要让自己有用些。反正在等火车,我就去给我俩买点早餐吧。
A: Get me a biscuit and some coffee.
   
给我买块饼干和一杯咖啡。
B: Do you want cream or sugar with your coffee?
   
你的咖啡要加奶或糖吗?
A: No. I just want it black.
   
不用。我只想要黑咖啡。
B: Okay, I’ll be right back. Have a seat until then.
   
好的。我就回来。坐在那里等我回来。

新英语900句第56课情景对话

Dialogue 1:
A: Hey, did you just see Goofy walk by?
     
嗨,你刚才看见高菲狗走过吗?
B: Yeah. But he’s not as common around here as Mickey Mouse.
   
看见了。不过,高菲狗在这里可没有米老鼠那样到处可见。
A: I noticed that we see the guy in the Mickey costume more than any other character.
   
我留意到扮演米老鼠的人比扮演其它任何角色的人都要多。
B: That’s obviously because he is the symbol of Disney.
     
很显然,那是因为米老鼠是迪斯尼的象征。
A: Yeah, I know. But he was never my favorite character.
   
是的,我知道。可是米老鼠从来都不是我最喜欢的卡通人物。
B: Why not? How can you not like Mickey?
   
为什么不是呢?你怎么会不喜欢米老鼠呢?
A: He doesn’t have a real strong personality.
  
他没有一个非常鲜明的个性。
B: Do you have a favorite Disney character?
   
你有最喜欢的迪斯尼卡通人物吗?
A: Of course. My favorite character was Donald Duck.
   
当然有。我最喜欢的人物是唐老鸭。
B: He was certainly interesting. But why is he your favorite?
   
唐老鸭的确很有趣。可是它为什么是你的至爱呢?
A: He had that bad temper. But he always tried to do things right. He seemed like a regular guy.
   
虽然唐老鸭脾气很坏。但它总是设法把事情干好。它就像一个普通人。
B: I guess I can see that. But I like Goofy the best.
   
这点我明白,不过,我最喜欢高菲狗。
A: Goofy was easy to like. But he was too nice for my taste.
   
虽然高菲狗很容易招人喜欢。可是它太好人了,不合我口味。
B: So you like the meanest Disney character?
   
所以你就喜欢一个心胸最狭窄的迪斯尼卡通人物?
A: He wasn’t mean. He just had flaws like everyone else.
   
唐老鸭不是心胸狭窄。它只不过像大家一样身上有缺点。
B: Just like you. Jake? Is that what you’re saying?
   
就像你和杰克一样,对吗?你想说的是不是这个意思?
A: Maybe I am. That’s okay with me.
   
也许是的。我觉得没什么大不了。
Dialogue 2:
A: Honey. What do you want to see next?
   
亲爱的,接下来你想看什么?
B: To be honest. I’m kind of hungry. I was hoping we could stop for a bite to eat.
   
说实话,我有点饿了。我希望我们停下来找点东西吃。
A: Let’s go ride the roller coaster on Space Mountain first.
   
让我们先去太空山那里坐过山车吧。
B: Why can’t we wait just a little bit and go get something to eat now?
   
为什么我们不等一会,现在先去找点东西吃呢?
A: This is lunchtime and everyone is eating. If we eat now. we’ll spend most of the time standing in line.
   
现在是午餐时间,大家都在吃饭。如果我们现在去吃饭,我们要花很多时间排队。
B: I know, but I’m hungry now.
   
我知道,可是我现在饿了。
A: If you eat now. you might get sick on the roller coaster.
   
如果你现在吃东西,坐过山车的时候你可能会感到难受。
B: I’ll take that risk. You can go ride the roller coaster now. but I’m going to eat.
   
我愿意冒这个险。要不你现在去坐过山车,但我要去吃饭了。
A: Fine. I’ll go with you. Where do you want to eat?
   
好了。我跟你一起去吧。你想到哪里吃?
B: That pizza place over there looks fine.
   
那边那个比萨店看上去挺好的。
A: You sure that’s what you want to eat?
   
你肯定那里有你想要的东西吗?
B: I don’t care what I eat. As long as I eat something.
   
我不介意吃什么东西,只要有东西吃就行了。
A: I forgot that you didn’t eat breakfast.
   
我忘了你没有吃早餐。
B: That’s right and I’m not feeling too good right now.
   
没错。而且现在我觉得挺难受。
A: I’m sorry for arguing. Let’s go get something to eat.
   
很抱歉跟你吵了。我们去弄点吃的吧。
B: Then we’ll go on the roller coaster.
   
然后我们再去坐过山车。
Dialogue 3:
A: Have you seen all the Disney movies?
   
你看过所有的迪斯尼电影吗?
B: I’ve seen all the ones that were out when I was child.
   
我看过所有我小时候上映的迪斯尼电影。
A: Oh, really? I guess you haven’t seen the new ones?
   
哦,真的吗?我想你没看过新的迪斯尼电影,对吗?
B: no way. I think the new ones are not as good as the old ones.
   
我根本不看。我觉得新的没有旧的那么好。
A: Really? My brother’s kids love the new Disney movies. The cartoons have much more modern techniques.
   
真的吗?我哥哥的小孩子很喜欢新的迪斯尼电影。这些卡通片里运用了更多的现代技术。
B: Maybe that’s true. But they don’t have the power of the old movies.
   
也许那是真的。但是新的电影已经没有旧的电影那种力。
A: What do you mean?
   
你这话是什么意思?
B: It’s hard to explain. The villains in the new ones aren’t as evil for example.
   
很难解释。比如,新的电影里的那些恶棍就没有旧电影的那么坏。
A: I don’t know if I agree with that. What about the evil lion in The Lion King?
   
我不好说我是否同意你的这种说法。你认为《狮子王》里的那个坏狮子怎么样?
B: He’s bad, sure. But he doesn’t seem as truly evil as the queen in Snow White.
   
它是够坏。可是它没有白雪公主里的皇后那样坏得逼真。
A: It sounds like you prefer old movies in general.
   
听起来你总的来说是喜欢老电影。
B: That’s because they used to rely more on skill than just special effects.
   
那是因为老电影更多是依靠演技,而不只是依靠特技效果。
A: I agree with that. Anyway. Let’s go see Frontier Land.
   
这点我很同意。不管怎么样,我们去看那个《边疆》片吗?
B: That sounds fun.
   
那听起来倒挺有趣。
Dialogue 4:
A: Have you ever been to Disney World before?
   
你以前到过迪斯尼乐园吗?
B: I have been once. a long time ago.
   
到过一次,很久以前了。
A: When were you here?
   
你是什么时候来这里的?
B: I was a little girl. I came with my family.
   
我还是一个小女孩,我跟我家里人来过。
A: Does it seem different now that you’re an adult?
   
这地方对你来说是不是不同了吗?
B: It does. But not just because I’m older. This place has also changed a great deal.
   
的确是不同了。但并不只是因为我长大了。这地方本身也发生了很大的变化。
A: Really? How?
   
真的吗?有什么变化呢?
B: There’s just a lot more stuff here. when I was a girl. it was just the Magic Kingdom. Now there’s Epcot Center the MGM studios and all those other places.
   
这里增加了许多东西。当我还是一人上小女孩的时候,这里只有一个魔幻王国。现在,这里有Epcot 中心,米高梅电影公司的摄影棚,还有别的一些地方可玩。
A:  Don’t you think it’s even better now?
   
你不觉得现在要比以前好吗?
B: It’s more exciting. But it has lost some of its charm.
   
现在更刺激了。不过它也失去了一些原来的魅力。
A: what do you mean?
   
你这话是什么意思?
B: When it was simpler it had this sort of Disney magic. Now it seems a lot more about money.
   
当迪斯尼公园更简单的时候,它带有某种迪斯尼的魅力。现在它看起来更多的是为了赚钱。
A: I guess you can see that. Everything is big business now.
   
我想你是对的。现在一切都可以成为赚大钱的行业。
B: It was then too .but not as obvious.
   
那时候也是这样,不过没现在这么明显。
A: Well, it’s still fun for kids.
   
不过它还是小孩子的乐园。
B: That’s true. And adults too.
   
没错。而且也是大人们的。
Dialogue 5:
A: After this, do you want to go see the Epcot Center?
   
这个之后,你想去Epcot中心?
B: I don’t think that’s such a good idea.
   
我认为那并不是一个好主意。
A: Why not? Epcot Center could be a lot of fun.
   
为什么不是呢?在Epcot中心可以找到很多的乐趣。
B: I’m sure it would be. But it’s so expensive.
   
我相信这样,不过它太贵了。
A: It’s a little expensive. But we’re on vacation.
   
它是有点贵,可是我们是来度假的。
B: Yes. But we already paid a lot just to get into the Magic Kingdom.
   
没错。可是我们进去魔幻王国已经花了很多的钱。
A: So why not pay to go the Epcot Center as well?
   
那么为什么不到Epcot中心去玩一玩呢?
B: There are a lot of other things we wanted to see. They cost money too.
   
我们要看的东西很多。它们也要花钱。
A: Maybe you’re right. But isn’t it okay to be reckless sometimes?
   
也许你是对的。不过有时候花钱大手大脚一点也说得过去,对不对?
B: You wanted to rent a boat to see the Everglades swamp. That’s expensive too.
   
你原来还想和条船去看看沼泽地,那也很贵。
A: I see what you mean. So what do you want to do now?
   
我明白你的意思了。那么我们现在干什么呢?
B: Let’s just get back to the hotel. I’ve had enough for the day.
   
我们还是回旅馆吧。我今天玩够了。
A: Fine by me. Let’s get out of here.
   
我无所谓,我们离开这里吧。

新英语900句第57课情景对话

Dialogue 1:
A: Look at those guys over there.
   
看那边那些人。
B: I see them. What about them is important?
   
我看见他们了。他们有些值得注意的吗?
A: They really annoy me. They take off their shirts and flex in front
of their mirror.
   
他们确实使我感到很恼火。他们脱掉衬衣,然后站在镜子前面弯起胳膊,显
示肌肉。
B: I guess they’re proud of how they look.
   
我想他们对自己的模样感到很自豪。
A: They’re vain. It’s so stupid. They’re ridiculous people.
   
他们是虚荣心作崇,这样做真蠢。他们是一帮很可笑的人。
B: Don’t you look at yourself in the mirror too?
   
难道你自己就不照镜子吗?
A: Sure. Most people do. But I’m subtle about it.
   
当然照,大多数人都照。但我不会这样张扬。
B: What’s the difference?
   
有什么区别吗?
A: I don’t look silly in public. That’s the difference.
   
我不会在公从面前出洋相,这就是区别。
B: That’s just image. Why worry about your image so much?
   
那只不过是外表。为什么你对自己的形象这么在乎呢?
A: I’ll give you another reason. It’s unhealthy
   
我跟你讲另一个理由。这样做是不健康的。
B: It’s unhealthy to look in the mirror?
  
照镜子会不健康?
A: No. it’s unhealthy to have your shirt off in the gym like that.
They get sweat all over the machines. The sweat is nasty and spreads
disease.
   
不是,我是说在健身房里像他们那样把上衣脱掉是不健康的。他们弄得健身
器材到处是汗水。汗水很肮脏而且会传播疾病。
B: I can see that. It is pretty gross to find sweat all over
something.
   
我明白你在说什么。东西上到处都是汗渍是件非常让人讨厌的事情。
A: That’s why I bring a towel, to wipe up my sweat
   
那就是为什么我带来一条毛巾,用来给自己擦汗。
B: That seems reasonable.
   
看来这样做挺有道理。
Dialogue 2:
A: There are some big guys in here.
   
这里有一些块头很大的人。
B: I know. They must work out all the time.
   
我知道。他们一定是成天都在锻炼。
A: Not necessarily. Some of that is just genetics
   
那不一定,有些人天生就如此。
B: They’re not born muscular.
  
他们不是生下来就肌肉发达。
A: No. but they’re born with the ability to get that muscular if they
exercise.
  
不是。不过他们生来就有这种能力,要是他们锻炼,他们就可以变得肌肉很发
达。
B: Maybe I should just give up. I probably don’t have genes.
   
也许我应该放弃。我大概没那种天赋。
A: That’s not what I’m saying. You’ll get bigger. But maybe not
huge.
   
我可没这样说。你会变得结实一些。但可能不会变成大块头。
B: I suppose that’s fine. I don’t want to get real big.
   
我想那样挺好的。我也不想变成一个真正的大块头。
A: You could take special drugs to get bigger.
   
你可以吃一些特别的药物使自己的肌肉更发达一些。
B: Yes. But that is dangerous. I don’t want to mess with that stuff.
   
是的。可是那样做很危险。我不想沾上那种东西。
A: That’s good. Anyway, there are other better ways to get bigger.
   
很好,不管怎样。还有一些别的更好的使肌肉发达的方法。
B: I don’t know much about that kind of thing. Give me an example.
   
关于这些东西我懂得不多。给我举个例子吧。
A: If you eat certain foods like beef a lot and lift weights in
certain ways, it can make you get bigger than you normally would be.
   
如果你吃大量的某种食物,比如牛肉,然后以一定的方式举重,就能使你的
肌肉变得比正常情况下更发达一些。
B: That sounds kind of complicated.
   
那听起来有点复杂。
A: It can be , but there are many books with basic information.
   
是有点复杂,但是有很多的书可以提供一些基本的知识。
B: I might go look for a book after I get out of here.
   
离开这里后我可能去找一本这样的书。
A: If you want. I’d be happy to go with you.
   
要是你愿意,我很乐意跟你一起去。
B: That would be great. You could give me some advice on a good book
buy.
   
那就太好了。你可以我一些建议帮我找到一本好书。
Dialogue 3:
A: Why do you go to the gym so much?
   
你为什么老去健身房?
B: It’s good for me to be healthy. I always feel better after going.
   
身体健康对我来说是一件很好的事。上完健身房后总是感觉好一些。
A: Isn’t it really vanity that makes you go?
   
不是虚荣心驱使你去健身吗?
B: Not really. I play basketball and football. I have to be strong.
   
不全是的。我打篮球和踢足球,我得让自己保持身体强健。
A: It seems like a lot of guys go because they want to look good.
   
似乎很多人去健身是为了使自己好看些。
B: That’s definitely true. Is there something wrong with that?
   
那完全正确。那有什么不好吗?
A: It’s never good to put such a high value on appearances.
   
把外表看得那么重,从来都不是一件好事。
B: If everyone thought that way, we’d have a world of ugly people.
   
如果人人都这样想,那么我们这个世界到处都是丑陋的人。
A: If you didn’t play sports. Would you still lift weights?
   
如果你不参加那些体育运动,你还会去健身吗?
B: Yes, I think I would.
  
会,我想我会的。
A: Why, If not vanity?
   
为什么呢?如果不是出于虚荣心的话。
B: I’ll be honest. I would go for vanity. I don’t want to be some
skinny guy.
   
老实说,我会为了虚荣心而去健身。我不想做一个瘦弱的人。
A: So you’re just like the other guys.
   
看来你跟别人没什么两样。
B: Maybe so. But girls don’t seem to complain.
   
也许是这样,不过女孩子倒不会抱怨这事。
A: I can’t believe you’re so shallow.
   
我真不敢相信你这么潜浅。
B: I’d love to stay and debate this. But I have to get to the gym.
   
我很想留下来和你好好辩论一下这个问题。不过我得去健身房了。
Dialogue 4:
A: So why did you join a women-only gym?
   
你为什么加入一个只对女士开放的健身房呢?
B: Does that seem strange to you?
   
你觉得这样做显得奇怪吗?
A: No, I was just curious. Do you not like being around men?
   
不是。我只是好奇。你不喜欢周围有男人出现吗?
B: It’s not that. I just don’t like being around that anyone in the
gym who isn’t there to exercise.
   
不是这个原因。我只是不喜欢在健身房遇到任何不是为了锻炼而来的人。
A: Why else would they come to a gym?
   
他们来健身房还有别的原因吗?
B: For a lot of people, a gym is just a social club. They can meet
people of the opposite sex in tight clothes. It’s a waste of time.
   
对很多人来说,健身房只是一个社交俱乐部。他们可以在那里遇见一些穿着
紧身衣的异性,那简直是浪费时间。
A: That’s a good point. Its pretty annoying.
   
你说得很有道理。那样确实让人很厌烦。
B: It’s easier for me to focus in this gym.
   
在这个健身房我可以更容易专心下来。
A: How often do you come here?
   
你多久来这里一次?
B: I’m probably here about three times a week.
   
大概一星期来三次。
A: That’s a lot of dedication.
   
那你的确花了不少工夫。
B: It helps me relax after work.
   
健身可以帮助我工作后好好放松一下。
Dialogue 5:
A: That was a good workout we had today.
   
我们今天运动得真够尽兴。
B: I agree. I really feel like I accomplish something.
   
我同意。我确实觉得自己做了一点东西。
A: It’s too bad we don’t get into the gym more often.
   
我们没法挤出更多的时间来健身,这可真不是好事。
B: The problem is that something always seems to come up.
   
问题是总有一些事情突然冒出来。
A: I know,. It’s always easy to just skip going to the gym when its
not convenient.
   
我明白。当不方便的时候。我们总是很轻易地就把健身给取消了。
B: We need to be more disciplined.
   
我们需要多锻炼一些。
A: I think it would be best if we started putting our workouts on our
schedules.
   
我认为如果我们开始把我们的健身活动列入我们的日程表那将是最好的。
B: Do you think that would help?
   
你认为那样做会有帮助吗?
A: Sure. It would. If we treat the gym like an appointment. We’ll be
more likely to go.
   
当然会有。如果我们把健身当成一次约会,我们就更可能会去。
B: That does seem right to me. When can you come next?
   
那的确合我意。你一下次什么时候能来。
A: How about Tuesday night?
   
星期二晚上怎么样?
B: Sorry, Tuesday night I have to go see a play at my daughter’s
school.
   
对不起,星期二晚上我得去我女儿的学校看一场比赛。
A: Well. How about Wednesday night?
   
那么星期三晚上怎么样?
B: Wednesday night’s fine. What time?
   
星期三晚上没问题。什么时候?
A: Is seven okay?
  
七点钟好吗?
B: Seven o’clock is great. I’ll see you then.
   
七点钟很好。到时见。

新英语900句第58课情景对话

Dialogue1:
A:  I have to take a break for a second.
   
我得休息一会儿。
B:  Why? Is something wrong?
   
为什么?有什么事吗?
A: I don’t know. When I was running, I twisted my ankle.
   
我不清楚。我跑步时扭了脚踝。
B: Let me have a look.
   
让我看看。
A: I have to sit down first.
   
我得先坐下来。
B: It does look swollen. But I don’t think it’s broken.
   
脚看上去的确很肿。但我认为不发生骨折。
A: I’m sure it’s not broken.. because I can still walk on it.
   
我肯定脚没发生骨折。因为我还能用脚走路。
B: some fractures are small. You can’t be sure it’s not broken.
有些骨折是很细微的。你没法肯定骨头到底有不有断。
A: I’ll wait and see to be sure.
  
我会等等看再肯定。
B: For now we’d better stop playing ball.
  
现在我们最好不要打球了。
A: I’ll put some ice on it.
   
我会在上面敷一些冰。
B: Tomorrow you should go see a doctor.
   
明天你应该去看医生。
A: I’ll go see a doctor if it still hurts.
   
如果脚还痛,我就去看医生。
B: Okay. Just don’t neglect any injury.
   
好吧。对任何受伤都不要忽视。
Dialogue 2:
A: That was a good game we played.
   
我们这场球打得挺不错的。
B: You’re not mad about that foul in the last quarter?
   
你对最后十五分钟的那个犯规不感到生气吗?
A: Do you mean when that guy hit me with his elbow?
   
你是指那个家伙用肘部撞我?
B: Yeah. I can’t believe the referee didn’t even see that.
   
是的。我简直不敢相信。裁判连一点都看不到。
A: I don’t know if he saw it. But I’m not going to get mad about it.
   
我不清楚他有没有看见。不过我不会为这事感到生气的。
B: That’s a pretty good attitude to have.
   
你对待比赛态度真不错。
A: It’s all just a game. Why not have fun?
   
不过是一场比赛罢了。为什么不玩开心点呢?
B: It’d be nice if more guys thought that way.
   
如果多些人都像你这样想,那就好了。
A: I know. But a lot of guys take it way too seriously.
   
我明白。许多人把比赛看得太重了。
B: I know. The tall guy on the other team was way too intense.
   
是的。他们队中的那个高个子太猛了。
A: Maybe he’s got emotional problems. Anyway. I’m not going to worry
about those guys.
   
也许他有一些情绪上的问题。不管怎么样,我不会为这些人感到心烦的。
Dialogue 3:  
A: Hey, Stacy, come here for a second.
  
嗨,史蒂茜,来这里一会儿。
B: Why? We’re in the middle of a game.
   
为什么?我们还在打球叫呢。
A: I want to have a look at you.
  
我想看看你。
B: what are you talking about?
   
你在说什么呀?
A: Your skin is pale, but you’re hot all over.
   
你的脸色苍白,但是你全身发烫。
B: That’s because I’m playing hard.
   
那是因为我玩起劲。
A: No, it’s because you’re dehydrated. You need some water now.
   
不是。那是因为你脱水了。你现在需要喝些水。
B: Maybe I do need to take a break for a few minutes.
   
也许我需要休息几分钟。
A: I think you’re done playing for today.
   
我认为你今天就玩到这里吧。
B: What should I do?
   
我应该做什么呢?
A: Walk around and drink water for a few minutes. Then have a seat in
the shade.
   
花几分钟到处走和喝点水。然后在荫凉的地方坐下来。
B: Actually I am starting to feel pretty bad.
   
事实上我开始感觉很难受了。
A: Have you had any water to drink today?
   
你今天喝过水了吗?
B: Not much. I guess I wasn’t thinking about it.
  
不多。我想是我没注意到要喝水。
Dialogue 4:
A: Wow, Steve just scored another goal.
   
哇,史蒂夫刚刚又进了一球。
B: He’s really good. He’s going to win this game for us.
   
他真是太棒了。他将会为我们记赢得这场比赛。
A: I can’t believe that he doesn’t even come to practice some time.
   
我不敢相信他有时不来练习都能做到这样。
B: I know. We work so hard and he still is far better than us.
   
是啊。我们这么努力练习他仍然比我们要好得多。
A: I guess he’s just got natural ability.
   
我想他是有一种天生的才能。
B: It looks like it. I wonder why some guys are born lucky.
   
原来是这样。我想知道为什么有些人天生就这么好运气。
A: I don’t know. It’s just something they get from their parents.
   
我不知道。这是他们父母那里遗传过来的天赋。
B: it just makes me jealous that he doesn’t’ work half as hard as we
do.
   
他还不如我们一半这么努力就打得这样好这使我感到很妒忌。
A: Think of it this way. How good would he be if he did work as hard?
   
你这样想想吧。要是他像我们这样努力训练,他会变成怎样的人呢?
B: I don’t understand what you mean.
  
我不明白你的意思。
A: He’d be much better. Maybe even a professional. He’s really
wasting his talent.
   
他会比现在好得多。也许甚至会成为一位职业选手。他实在是在浪费他的天
赋。
B:  I wonder why he does that.
   
我不明白他为什么那样做。
A: I think he never had to work hard at sports. So he never learned
the habit of working hard.
   
我想他在体育方面一直都没有努力练习过所以他从来都没养成努力工作的习

B: That makes sense. I’ve always had to work hard at sports.
   
那样说有道理。我在体育方面总是得努力练习才行。
A: So you learned good habits.
  
因此你养成了好习惯。
B: Yeah. And that’s more important in life than scoring goals.
   
没错。而且那在生活中的作用比在球场上得分更加重要。
Dialogue 5:
A
Hey, Larry, can I talk to you for a second?
    嗨,拉里,我能跟你谈一会吗?

B: What do you want?
   
你想干嘛?
A: I want to talk to you about today’s game.
   
我想跟你谈谈今天的比赛。
B: we won. What’s there to talk about?
   
我们赢了,有什么好谈的吗?
A: The way you play is too rough.
   
你打球的方式太粗野了。
B: I’m aggressive. What’s your point?
   
我是进攻型的,你认为如何?
A: you’re not just aggressive. You play ball like it’s a war.
   
你不仅是进攻型的,你打球就像在打仗。
B: I’m sorry to hear you’re so soft.
   
我很遗憾得知你这么柔弱。
A: Don’t make this personal. Larry. You know I’m not soft. A lot of
guys agree with me. It’s not fun playing with you.
   
不要搞人身攻击,拉里。你知道我不柔弱。许多人都同意我的意见。跟你打
球不好玩。
B: Then how come they don’t say that? How come the referee doesn’t
call a foul on me?
   
那么他们为什么为说出来?为什么裁判不判我犯规?
A: You know how to get away with fouls. Without getting caught.
   
你知道如何犯规又逃避惩罚。不让别人抓住。
B: Do the other guys really think I play too rough?
   
其它人的真的说我打球太粗野了?
A: Yeah. They do. If you don’t stop it. Then you’ll have to find
somewhere else to play ball.
   
是的。他们是这样说的。如果你继续这样下去,那么你只得找别的地方去打
球了。
B: Okay, I get the point. Is that all you want to say?
   
好的。我明白了。你想要说的就这些吗?
A: Yeah. I’ll see you at the next game.
   
是的。下次比赛我们再见。

新英语900句第59课情景对话

Dialogue 1:
A: Excuse me. Do you work here?
   
打扰一下,请问你是在这里工作的吗?
B:  Yes I do. What can I do for you?
   
是的。我能帮你做点什么?
A: I’m just looking for your travel section.
   
我正在找你们的旅游专区。
B: Follow me. I’ll show you where it is located.
   
跟我来,我指给你看它在哪里。
A: Thanks. I thought it would be the history section.
   
谢谢。我原以为它是挨着历史部的。
B: No. it’s over there. Is there a specific book you’re looking for?
   
不,它在那里。你是在找一本特定的书吗?
A: I’m traveling to Thailand later. I wanted to see what books you
had about that.
   
我迟一些要到泰国旅游。我想看看你们有什么关于泰国的书。
B: Thailand? Really? I had a friend in college went there for
vacation.
   
泰国?真的吗?我有一个大学同学去过那里度假。
A: Did she like it?
   
她喜欢吗?
B: She loved it. She said it was a great experience.
   
喜欢。她说那是一次非常愉快的经历。
A: Oh, that’s good to hear. Do you recommend any books?
   
哦,听你这样说真好。你有什么书可介绍的吗?
B: This book is from a good travel guide series. Especially for
younger travelers.
   
这本书是一套很好的导游丛书中的一本,尤其适合年轻旅游者。
A: I guess that means travelers without a lot of money.
   
我想你的意思是说没什么钱的旅游者吗?
B: Exactly. When are you going to Thailand?
   
就是。你打算什么时候去泰国?
A: I’m leaving in August.
   
我打算在八月份走。
B: Oh, that’s going to be hot. How long will you be gone?
   
噢,那时会很热。你要去多久?
A: About 3 weeks. This book looks good. I think I’ll get it.
   
大约3个星期。这本书看起来挺好的,我想买下来。
B: Great. You can pay for that up at the front of the store.
   
太好啦。你可以就到店的前面那儿付款。
A: thanks. It was nice talking to you. Bye now.
   
谢谢,跟你说话真愉快。再见。
Dialogue 2:
A: How much longer do you want to stay in the bookstore?
   
你还要在这书店里呆多久?
B: I don’t know. I’m just relaxing right now.
   
我不知道,我现在只是放松一下而已。
A: you do look pretty comfortable.
   
你看起来的确蛮舒适的。
B: That’s right. I have a cup of coffee and an interesting book to
read. What more could I want?
   
说得对。我可以一边喝咖啡一边读有趣的书。夫复何求呢?
A: I don’t want to stay here too long.
   
我不想在这儿呆得太久。
B: Why not? Just get some coffee or dessert and a good book. Have a
seat.
   
为什么不呢?来杯咖啡或一份甜点。还有一本好书。坐吧。
A: I need to buy some clothes. The clothing store closes at 9 p.m.
   
我要买衣服,服装店晚上9点钟就关门了。
B: So? That’s in three hours? You’ve got time.
   
就那样吗?还有3个小时呢。你还有时间。
A: Maybe you’re right. Where did you get that coffee?
   
也许你是对的吧。你从哪里弄来的咖啡?
B: I got it from the café in the back of the store.
   
我是在书店后面的咖啡店里买的。
A: I guess I’ll go back there and get some dessert too.
   
我想我也要返回去买些甜点。
B: I recommend the chocolate cake.
   
我建议买些巧克力蛋糕。
A: The chocolate cake? That does sound good.
   
巧克力蛋糕?的确是个好主意。
B: I’ll be here when you get back.
   
回来后就到这儿找我。
Dialogue 3:
A: Excuse me. Do you wrap books?
   
打扰一下,你们包书的吗?
B: Do you mean gift-wrap?
   
你是说礼品包装吗?
A: Yes. It’s a birthday gift
   
的是。这书是生日礼物。
B: Yes. sir. Step right over here. I’ll get that wrapped for you.
   
我们有这项服务的。先生。请过来这里。我替你包。
A: Great. I hate wrapping myself.
   
太好了。我讨厌自己包装。
B: I understand. It’s not easy to do right.
   
我明白,要包得好关不容易。
A: Do I get a choice of wrapping paper?
   
我可以自己选包装纸吗?
B: Yes. Here are our types of paper. Which do you prefer?
  
可以。这是我们的纸的样式。你要选哪一个?
A: This book is for a little boy. So I guess I’ll take the blue paper
with the stars.
   
这本书是给一个小男孩的。因此我想要那张有星星的蓝纸。
B: How old is the boy?
   
小男孩有多大?
A: He’ll be eight next week. He’s my nephew.
   
他下个星期就8岁了。他是我的侄子。
B: Oh, that’s nice . I have a son about that age.
   
哦。那真好。我的儿子也差不多大。
A: Really? Do you think this book would be a good gift?
   
真的吗?你觉得这本书作礼物好吗?
B: Let me see. Oh, yes. This book is very popular right now with
little boys.
  
让我看看。噢,这本书现在很受小男孩欢迎呢。
A: That’s good to hear. I don’t have any kids yet.  So I don’t know
any about children’s books.
   
听你这么说真好。我还没有孩子。所以我对儿童书籍一无所知。
B:  Well, this is a good choice. I hope he has a happy birthday.
   
你选得很好。我希望他生日快乐。
   
A: Thank you. I hope so too. And thanks for the good job with the
wrapping paper.
   
谢谢。我也希望这样。谢谢你包得那么好。
B: My pleasure. Have a nice day.
   
乐意效劳。祝你有愉快的一天。
Dialogue 4:
A: Have you read this book?
   
你读过这本书吗?
B: What is it? I can’t see.
   
什么书?我看不到。
A: Here, take a look.
   
这儿。看看。
B: Oh, yes. This is a classic. I read it in college.
  
哦。看过了。这是文学经典。我在大学里读过了。
A: is it any good?
   
它好吗?
B: I think so. But it’s kind of complex. It’s not an easy book.
   
好。但有点难懂。这本书并不好读。
A: I have to fly to Los Angeles [l?s‘ænd??l?s] on Friday. I need a
book for the flight.
   
我要在星期五飞洛杉机,我需要一本书在途中看。
B: Then I don’t recommend that boo. You should get something easier.
   
那我就不推荐那本书了。你该找本容易一点的。
A: Like what? If the book is too easy. I’ll just get bored.
   
比如呢?如果书太容易的话,我只会觉得闷。
B: Try one of these mystery novels.
   
试试在这些神秘小说中挑一本。
A: Yes. This one looks interesting.
  
好的。这本看上去挺有趣的。
B: I haven’t read this one. But I have read other books by this
author.
   
我还没读过这本。但我读过这个作者的其它书。
A: Is she any good?
   
她写得好吗?
B: I think so. She doesn’t write great classics. But her books are
pretty good.
   
好。她不写大部头的书。但她的书挺不错的。
A: Then this book is coming on the plane with me.
   
那我就拿这本书上飞机了。
B: Let me know how you like it when you’ve done.
   
你读完了告诉我你觉得它怎么样。
Dialogue 5:
A: Hey, Dennis. What are you doing in the bookstore?
   
嗨,丹尼斯。你在书店里干什么?
B: Probably the same thing you are.
   
很可能就跟你在做的事情一样。
A: You’re looking for the book we need for history class?
   
你是在找我们历史课要用的那本书吗?
B: That’s right.
   
是的。
A: I’ve got bad news. They don’t have it.
   
我有一个坏消息。他们没有这本书。
B: Can we order the book?
   
我们可以订购这本书吗?
A: Maybe, but it won’t get here in time.
   
也许吧。但我们不会及时拿到手。
B: Why not? We have two months to read it.
   
为什么呢?我们有两个月的时间去读它呢。
A: Yes. But the sales person here told me that is out-of-print.
   
是的。但售货员告诉我那本书已经绝版了。
B: Oh. No. Then how are we going to get it?
   
噢,不。那我们要怎样才能弄到那本书?
A: She recommended using the internet
   
她提议我们利用因特网。
B: That will take forever to have it shipped.
   
那不知要多久才能运来这里。
A: Maybe we should just tell out professor.
   
也许我们就这样告诉教授吧。
B: Are you kidding? He must know already. He just doesn’t care.
   
你在开玩笑吗?他肯定已经知道了。他就是不管。
A: He will care if his entire class can’t get the book.
   
如果全班都找不到这本书,他还能不管吗?
B: I’m sure a few people have found it.
   
我肯定有些人已经找到了。
A: It doesn’t matter. Most people won’t find it.
   
那不要紧。大多数人找不到的。他将不得不布置另一本书给我们读。
B: I hope you’re right.
   
我希望你说的是对的。

新英语900句第60课情景对话

Dialogue1:
A:  Alex, I think the dog needs to go out.
   
阿历克斯,我想小狗需要到外面走走了。
B: Okay, so take him out.
   
好的。那带它出去吧。
AI’m not dressed .You are
    我还没穿好衣服呢,你穿好了。
.
B:
I always take the dog out.
    老是我带它出去。

AThat’s not true. Besides I clean up after the dog most of the time
    这话可不对。再说,大多数是我替它洗澡的。

BMaybe you like cleaning up after the dog .
    也许你喜欢替它洗澡。

ADo you really believe that?
    你真是的这样想的吗?

B: Where is his leash?
   
狗带在哪里?
AIt’s by the front door.
    在前门旁边。

BIt’s really cold out . I was about to go to bed.
   外面可真够冷的,我要睡觉了。

AOh, stop complaining. The dog’s about to go to the bathroom on
the floor
    噢,别再抱怨了。小狗马上要到楼下洗澡了。

BFine, you’re right, I’ll  take him out real quick.
    好的。你说得对。我会火速带它出去。


Dialogue 2
A
Honey, are you still on the internet?
     亲爱的,你还在上网吗?

BYes ,is that okay?
    是的。有什么事吗?

AI need to call my parents soon., so you have to get off the
internet.
    我很快要打电话给我爸爸妈妈。那你就得断线了。

BI’m trying to respond to some clients E-mails.
    我正要回复一些客户的电子邮件。

ACan’t that wait until later?
    那不能待会儿再做吗?

BYou’re always on the phone with your mom for hours
    你总是和你妈煲电话粥,一讲就几个小时。

AThat’s not true, I could say you’ve been on the internet for
hours.
    这话不对。我可以说你已经上网几个小时了。

BLook, just give me five more minutes, okay?
    看,就多给我5分钟,好吗?

Afine. five more minutes. then I need you to do me one more favor.
    好的。再多5分钟。那么我还要你帮一个忙。

B:What would that be?
    什么忙?

ACould you get some of your things out of the living room?
    你能把你放在客厅里的东西拿走一些吗?

BI guess so. why is that necessary?
    可以。为什么一定要呢?

A It’s becoming really messy in there.
    那里实在是太乱了。

BNo problem.  I’ll clean as soon as I’m off the computer.
    没问题。我一关电脑就马上去收拾。

AFive more minutes. and that’s it.
    再多5分钟,就这样了。

Dialogue 3
AHey, buddy, it’s your turn to cut the grass.
   嗨,老朋友,轮到你剪草了。

B: Grass doesn’t need to be cut. calm down.
   
草还不用着那快剪吧,别着急。
AAre you joking? it’s like a jungle in the front yard.
   你在开玩笑吗?前院几乎像个密林一样了。

BSo? I’m busy right now.
   那又怎么样。我现在正忙着呢。

AI said I would do the dishes. if you would cut the grass.
   我说过,我去洗碗,假如你去剪草的话。

BI remember that. what’s your point?
   我记是。那你想说什么?

AI’ve done the dishes. so why are you just watching TV?
   我已经把碗洗好了。那你为什么还在看电视?

BThe dishes need to be washed. but the grass doesn’t need to be
cut.
   碗是要洗的。但草不需要剪。

AYes, it does. When we moved out of the apartment. you said you’d
help do work around this house.
  要了。我们从公寓里搬出来的时候,你说过你会帮忙干家务活的。

B: I know and I do.
  
我知道。我也干。
AI don’t want to make this an argument. the grass needs to be cut.
if you don’t do it, then I guess I will.
   我不想跟你吵架,草是要剪的。如果你不去剪,那我去。

BFine. I’m getting up. I’ll  cut the grass. are you happy?
   好的。我这就去。我去剪,你高兴了吧。

AYes ,thank you .
   是的,谢谢。


Dialogue 4
A:
Did you see the mail we got today?
   你看了我们今天收到的信了吗?

Bno, I haven’t had a chance why?
    没有。我还没时间看,有什么事吗?

ATake a look at this
    看看这个。

BIt’s an electricity bill.
    是一张电费单。

AIt’s a past due electricity bill
    这是一张过期电费单。

Bdid you not pay this bill last month?
    你上个月没交电费吗?

AI was sure I did let me see that.
    我当然交了。让我看看。

B:I guess you didn’t 。Now they’re going to charge us extra money.
    我想你没交。如今他们要收我们滞纳金了。

AIt’s just a few more dollars. I’ll  write a check for it right
now.
    只是多几块钱而已。我马上就写支票。

BThat’s fine I’m just surprised. you don’t normally forget to pay
the bills.
    好的。我只是惊讶而已。你一般不会忘记交费。

ALast month I was real busy with work.
    上个月我确实是忙得不可开交。

BThat’s right .you had that big sale. maybe I should help more with
the bills.
    那也是。你要跟那宗大生意。也许我该多管一些交费的事情。

AIf you want to help that’s  fine. But I can handle it myself.
    如果你要帮忙的话,那敢情好。但我自己能行。

BAre you sure? I just found out about a way to pay bills over the
internet.
    你肯定吗?我刚刚找出一种在因特网上交费的方法。

AThat might make paying bills easier. show me what you’re talking
about
    那可能会让交费容易一些。给我看看你正在说的那个事儿。

BOkay, come over to the computer and I’ll show you.
    好的。过来电脑这边。我来教你。


Dialogue 5
A:The sink is leaking again.
  水槽又漏水了。

BWhich one?
    哪一个?

AThe one in the bathroom.
    在浴室里的边一个。

BI’ll call the plumber.
    我叫水管工来。

ANo. I can fix it .let me get my tools.
    不用了。我能修好它。让我把工具拿来。

BOh no I remember  the last time you tried to fix something.
    噢,不要了吧。我还记得上次你是怎么修东西的。

AWhat was that?
    是什么?

B: You don’t remember the garage door
   
你不记得车库门了吗?
AIt works fine now.
    现在不是好好的吗?

BYes, but it almost fell down and killed mu uncle.
   是的。但差点掉下来把我叔叔给砸死了。

AThe bathroom sink can’t kill anyone
    浴室槽不会把谁砸死呀。

BWe can afford a plumber.
   我们还请得起水管工。

AWe don’t need a plumber. I can handle it.
    我们不需要水管工。我就能修好。

B:  Okay. we’ll see what happens.
   
好吧。我们就看看会发生什么事。