蓝色毛衣 布贴:不可征服

来源:百度文库 编辑:中财网 时间:2024/05/01 20:35:58

Invictus(不可征服)

By William Ernest Henley (1849-1903)

Out of the night that covers me, 透过覆盖我的黑夜,
   Black as the pit from pole to pole, 我看见层层无底的黑暗。
I thank whatever gods may be   感谢上帝赐我,
   For my unconquerable soul. 不可征服的灵魂。

In the fell clutch of circumstance就算被地狱紧紧攫住,
   I have not winced nor cried aloud. 我不会畏缩,也不惊叫。
Under the bludgeonings of chance经受过一浪又一浪的打击,
   My head is bloody, but unbowed. 我满头鲜血不低头。 
Beyond this place of wrath and tears在这满是愤怒和眼泪的世界之外,
   Looms but the Horror of the shade,        恐怖的阴影在游荡,
And yet the menace of the years   还有,未来的威胁,
   Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.    可是我毫不畏惧。

It matters not how strait the gate,无论我将穿过的那扇门有多窄,
   How charged with punishments the scroll, 无论我将肩承怎样的责罚
I am the master of my fate: 我是命运的主宰,
   I am the captain of my soul. 我是灵魂的统帅。

  
 
威廉
·埃内斯特·亨利(1849 – 1903                               

威廉·埃内斯特·亨利(Willaim Ernest Henley, 1849-1903),

维多利亚时代的英国人,自幼体弱多病,患有肺结核症,一只脚被截肢,

为了保住另一只脚,终身与病魔搏斗,不甘屈服于命运。

“Invictus”是拉丁文(=unconquerable),意为不可征服

此诗是诗人在病榻上所作。

《成事在人》和《肖申克的救赎》这两部电影非常不错,没看过的人可以挤出点时间去看一下。。